• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Shakespeare had a Pokemon

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Well trying to stay true with the Shakespearean sonnet, I came up with the below, hope you guys like it. Though I feel like I could still have done better, haha (word choices mostly). :)

-----------------

Sleeping from first day's peace, a day sunny.
    Wakeful, recalled I, a dream of mine.
    Encountered Pokemon a many,
    Joined I in fun in thine journey's time,
    Remembering first day's choice and friendship.
    Mine eyes gazed upon three in beauty,
    First of grass was Bulbasaur. A soft nip,
    Assured mine thoughts of its bravery.
    Second of water was Squirtle. Fashion
    And kindness, contended for my respect.
    Third of fire was Charmander. Passion
    Burned bright within, to ode I expect.
    Can it be, didst thou occur mine dream?
    Choices made I, and truthful it would seem.

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Yeah, a lot of it depends on word choice and word order, getting the iambic pentameter just right.

Thanks! :D

Even the pronunciation of words slightly change.

Giratina's Server

Giratina's Servant.....
    Years
    Very Good! It's Awesome! Just two words: Incredible Fantastic! Are you intetrseted in joining on my anthology? Maybe we can get more and more till we have dozens of poems! Really good! 9.5/10

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Thanks! :) Yeah I can definitely try to get some in the anthology thing. Though I might have to skip the Shakespearean sonnets for a while, as I find they take too long to think and write out properly, haha.

Not to mention I have exams coming up X_x

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I'd say he picked Charmander, but that's just me. He seems like the passionate type.

This was pretty cool. The structure and word choice was pretty close to true Shakespearean work. I noticed one mistake:

Third of fire was Charmander. Passion,
    Burned bright within, to ode I expect.

I'm thinking "burned" should be "burning." Or perhaps take out the comma after "passion." Right now it reads as though passion has been burned into the Charmander.

Anyway, I'm doing a sort of epic ballad about the pokémon universe, so it seems we have a common interest. Cool.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Thanks :) Yeah I tried to keep the recalling portion (the majority of the poem anyway) in past tense, so I removed the comma.

Cool, I can't wait to read the ballad ;)

Yeah I purposely left it open ended so as for people to wonder which one he picked.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Thanks :) Yeah I had to read Hamlet (again), not to long ago. I think the plays are definitely good though if you understand them properly.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
    Hamlet was pretty cool, I thought. Most of Shakespeare's plays and poems leave me feeling weird after I read them, but Hamlet was kind of intense.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Especially with the whole 'everyone dies' thing, haha.

Poor Ophelia...

Ape

The Grapester
    Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    Thats so cool, I wish I had skills like that. I failed the sonnets portion of the poetry unit in English.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Thanks :) Yeah, it's a pretty picky type of poetry. Probably the easiest part is getting the 10 syllables, everything after that is a little bit more difficult.

Back