• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] If they are actually making large differences to the originals, what would you see being possible?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    So hopefully you guys can understand it through how I phrased it. What kinds of differences to the original games do you see being somewhat possible. Let me emphasise the 'if' inthe title, because this is all speculation and while it would be amazing if it actually happens, we don't know for sure.

For me, I'm thinking of revamping the E4. I can see the Bug E4 staying, but I can also see things like the Fire E4 possibly being downgraded to assist the final gym so that the final gym could end up being a double battle similar to the one in the postgame outside the frontier, the Ground E4 retiring, and the Psychic E4 going to operate the library, I don't know. I also haven't guven much thought on who would replace them and figure that that depends on what creatures will be available in the main game.

I also hope to see the current E4 system where you choose who to fight first return. Not a fan of the ones where you fight them in order, because that would mean the first E4 member will always end up being insanely easy because they would be significantly lower levelled than the player, because the player would have ground to the champion's level.

Years
    The first thing that comes to mind is the Team Galactic event on Iron Island, I think they may expand on why they're there and maybe mix in some of the anime event with the Spear Key. I recall something happening at the Fuego Ironworks too but the details escape my memory.

I agree with you on the order of the Elites, I always wanted to fight Lucian first because he was a wall to me. I do think it'd be cool to encounter them throughout the story. Maybe meet Aaron in Eterna Forest, Lucian at the Canalave Library after the explosion and Bertha doing...something, maybe in the Underground.

I can see and hope for the possibility that the post-game is expanded. Not just in the Battle Zone but across Sinnoh in different places like the Delta episode from ORAS.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2021
    Would be interesting to see something new in the post game. Maybe something related to time-space distortions that lead to ultra space. Of course, if we had a full pokedex at least until Gen 7

pkmin3033

Well, the Sinnoh Underground revamp looks to be pretty massive if the map is any indication...

But I think if we see any signficant changes, it'll be in the postgame - I think we might see some events incorporated from Platinum, as well as some new events perhaps with previous and/or next generation Legendaries.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I've said it in multiple threads. New routes. New Areas. Just new stuff.

Pokemon FRLG added Sevi Islands, which should have been in Let's Go Games, that is all it added other than more pokemon.

Pokemon HGSS added a few new areas, but mostly near Cian Wood that I can recall, as well as a few new Unown? I think? I was fine with that as well.

ORAS - added new story with Megas and Delta Episode. And I freaking loved all the new talk about it. I loved the new story. I loved that were were able to get both Latios and Latias fairly easy in our games.

With BDSP, I want the same thing. I don't care about new story, even though adding more to the Sinjoh Ruins would be amazing where we could actually explore. Adding more to the world building would just be amazing. Story to the Unown Ruins... Sinnoh is full of ruins and that made the game worth exploring. I want more of that. I love the side stories and how to connect with other regions. Maybe we get more info about the Crowned Tundra.... there is so much they can add that needed to be expanded on without forcing Gigantamax into the games. Heck even Unova had Regis.

I didn't play pokemon Platinum, so I don't know how much they added. And I probably never will. But I'd love to have all the new areas Platinum had, in DP remakes.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2021
    There are a lot of interesting ideas, especially when it comes to post game
    But i'm more simple, all I want is megas back

Years
    I definitely want the E4 to have a better team! Some of them don't have enough Pokémon of their type and while seeing Flint with Lopunny, Drifblim, and Steelix does seem to fit at this point with how used to it I am, it's still a little odd. So yes, more type diversity here please, and I hope the dex will reflect that.

Adding more to the world building would just be amazing. Story to the Unown Ruins... Sinnoh is full of ruins and that made the game worth exploring. I want more of that.

Would love this as well!

edfrick

Pilot of EVA-00
    Years
    • Age 22
    • they/them
    • Seen Feb 17, 2024
    All I really would've wanted as I've said in multiple threads is just some newer gen mons in the regional dex, doesn't even have to be all of them, just new Pokémon to spice up the Sinnoh experience with mons we never could've even thought of using back then.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    It would be nice to see at least Alola and Galar variants, but I really want all pokemon until Gen 8.
    Megas could be brought back too, many people miss them.

Back