• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could be [Anything] in a Pokemon Game?

Unionhack

Yes Indeed
    Years
    Have you ever wondered what you would be like as a gym leader? An elite four member? What if you were a pokemon yourself? Post here. Include as many details as you want.

Name: Jet Sinclair
    Title: Gym Leader
    Type Used: Ice
    City (Can be an existing city or one you made up): Hailstone City
    Gym Layout: Much like the Cinnabar Gym from Gen 1, except with an icy redesign and battles instead of questions.
    Gym Badge: Glacial Badge
    Badge Description: A white diamond with a blue snowflake design in the middle.

The Battle
    -Gym Leader Jet-

Pokemon: Level 50 Weavile - Pursuit, Night Slash, Ice Punch, Ice Shard
    Level 52 Dewgong - Surf, Ice beam, Toxic, Encore
    Level 54 Glalie - Ice Beam, Explosion, Crunch, Spikes
    Level 54 Lapras - Surf, Ice Beam, Thunder Bolt, Confuse Ray
    Level 57 Glaceon - Ice Beam, Water Pulse, Mirror Coat, Shadow Ball

Prize Money Reward: $14,500

Strategy: Jet likes to use Ice Beam. A lot. It is wise to bring plenty Freeze Heals to the battle. Besides the high danger from constant freezing, Jet likes to slap on other common annoyances such as Spikes, Confusion, Poison from Dewgong, and a possible Paralysis from Lapras.

Bring a Fighting Type - A fire type will get destroyed by Lapras and Dewgong's Surf Attack, and Glaceon can hold its own against an Ice type by using Water pulse. The best thing to do is bring a very quick fighting type around level 60 - A Lucario can fit this role well.

Speed is essential when fighting Jet, because if he strikes first, he has his way with you.
    Weavile can't do anything serious to a fighting type, so take it out fast before it can do some damage. Its super high speed makes it difficult to strike first, so strike hard as soon as possible.
    Dewgong is a rough fight, but a fighting or electric type can take it out. Take it down quickly before it can put toxic on one of your pokemon.
    Glalie is a living bomb, and must be taken out quickly before it can explode. A fast fighting type is the best way to go. If it doesn't explode, it will use spikes, which can be a major pain for your whole team.
    Lapras is much like Dewgong. If it gets Confuse Ray onto a pokemon, Lapras will wreak absolute havoc.
    Glaceon can go down easily if you strike first, but if not, Glaceon's devastatingly high Special Attack can down a pokemon easily with a single ice beam. Take it quickly, before Glaceon can take out your team.

Quotes-

Intro - "Welcome to the Hailstone Gym, my friend. My name is Jet Sinclair, and I'm your opponent today. My attacks are cold and hard. Do you think you can handle it? Let's see!

Last Pokemon - "Hah! Don't think I'll give up so soon!"

Last Pokemon, Low Health - "You've got to be kidding me..."

Win - "Come back when you're ready. Until then, we're done here."

Loss - "I... I can't believe this!"

After Loss - "Well, I suppose a loss is a loss. Here's the Glacial Badge; you've earned it." - "Oh! I almost forgot. Thanks for such a good battle. This is for you." - "That TM is Ice Beam. If used in the right hands, it can cause serious damage!"

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
    Name : Adam
    Type : Champion
    Type Used : Mixed
    City : Heavin City ( Prounounced Heaven With An In )
    Champions Layout : Pillars Of Golden Pokemon With A Red Carpet And Navy Blue Walls

Prize Money : 20,000
    Pokemon :
    All Level 60 Except Salamence Which Is 65

Torterra - Earthquake, Leaf Storm, Frenzy Plant, Giga Drain
    Charizard - Fly, Blast Burn , Flamethrower , Stomp
    Swampert - Ice Beam, Muddy Water , Earthquake , Mega Punch
    Luxray - Thunder , Thunder Wave , Earthquake , Crunch
    Snorlax - Rest, Sleep Talk , Psychic, Earthquake
    Salamence - Meteor Mash , Hyper Beam, Dragon Rush, Earthquake

The Majority Have Earthquake As It Can Severly Damage Most Pokemon.

Quotes

Intro.

" Ah, You Have Made It This Far, I Have Heard Of You And Your Talent, Lets Test It!"

Middle Pokemon

" 3 Down, 3 To Go, Can You Beat Any More? "

Last Pokemon

" This Isnt Over Yet, I Have A Few Suprises "

Last Pokemon, Low Health

" We Will Keep On Fighting Till The End! "

Win :

" A Good Battle My Friend, But You Weren't Good Enough, Until We Meet Again "

Loss :

" A Noble And Well Fought Battle "

After Loss :

" You Are Now The Champion Of The Calayma Region! After All The Hard Times With Your Pokemon It Has All Been Worth It, Has It Not? Now Follow Me To The Hall of Fame "

Clothes

Black Fedora
    Dark Blue Suit Jacket And Trousers
    White Shirt And Black Bowtie
    Red Cape
    Black Shoes.

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    Name: Katherine (I would keep my full name the same)
    Nickname: Kat
    Job: Pokemon Breeder

Would give out a starter pokemon to just about anyone who needs it as well as breed pokemon for other people for a pokemon in return.

Either that or I'd be a shiny Mew

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Name: Becca.
    Assignation:
    01. Normal-type Gym Leader.
    02. Looking after abandoned Pokémon.

Opening Speech: Normal-type Pokémon are the most rejected in National Leagues. I believe this is because trainers do not acknowledge how powerful the less-interesting can be. I will purge this rumour from your mind by crushing your Pokémon into the ground!
    Closing Speech: I see. [...] You fought well. Here is your badge. [...] I like to think that even in loss I have taught you something of the power of Normal-type Pokémon. Please, accept this as a gift from me.
    Reward Money: 15,000.
    Reward TM: TM15: Hyper Beam.
    Items: 3 x Super Potions.
    Miltank | ♀ | Level 32 | Scrappy
    Body Slam | Zen Headbutt | Hyper Beam (TM30) | Roll Out

Zangoose | ♂ | Level 34 | Immunity + Oran Berry
    Swords Dance | Pursuit | Crush Claw | Fury Cutter

Purugly | ♂ | Level 38 | Own Tempo
    Hypnosis | Swagger | Slash | Iron Tail (TM23)

Blissey | ♀ | Level 40 | Serene Grace + Sitrus Berry
    Minimize | Egg Bomb | Protect (TM17) | Refresh​

Benjamin510

The King of Typio's!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2016
    Name: Skull Ember. (Most Goth name evah!)
    What he does: The new Red.
    Pokemon:
    Ninjask: Lv 100 moves: Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Subatuite and Protect.
    Charizard: LV 100 moves: Fire punch and a bunch of other strong Physical Fire moves.

Rules: NO Rock type moves and only TWO pokemon.
    Reward money: 50000000 Poke dollars.
    Rematch: Never.

Feat him the ultimate trainer!

Essence

Aura L♥VE
    Years
    I'd be a female version of Steven Stone, who follows you around and helps you throughout the games. I'd meet you at every gym instead of that guy, and I'd help you defeat team Rocket/Galactic/ etc.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I'd be Syd. My awesome team of awesomeness will eat everyone for breakfast. We will never have the munchies because everyone dies when they fight us. We all live in a cave that you have to bring 234927584 HMs to get through. Movesets? Honey, you don't need to know that. But fine, fine.

Magikarp - Flail, Tackle, Splash @ Focus Sash
    Smeargle - Substitute, Spore, Baton Pass, Belly Drum @ Salac Berry
    Umbreon - Payback, Toxic, Protect, Wish @ Leftovers
    Quilava - Flamethrower, Swift, Dig, Smokescreen
    Smeargle - Spore, Sheer Cold, Mind Reader, Mean Look
    Wobuffet - Counter, Safeguard, Destiny Bond, Mirror Coat

Last edited:

Unionhack

Yes Indeed
    Years
    Ooh, another gym leader guy.

Name: Axis
    Type Used: Dark
    City (Can be an existing city or one you made up): Iluminight City
    Gym Layout: Like the Dewford gym from R/S/E
    Gym Badge: Darkfire Badge
    Badge Description: A Black diamond with a red flame design in the middle.
    Appearance - Black trench coat with dark red pants. Long black hair and a blindfold over his eyes.

The Battle
    -Gym Leader Axis-

Pokemon: Level 43 Honchkrow - Roost, Heat Wave, Roost, Sucker Punch
    Level 44 Sharpedo - Crunch, Hydro Pump, Aqua Jet, Earthquake
    Level 45 Spiritomb - Shadow Ball, Hidden Power (Rock), Shadow Sneak, Sucker Punch
    Level 47 Houndoom - Nasty Plot, Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, Hidden Power Flying
    Level 50 Umbreon - Dark Pulse, Moonlight, Hyper Beam, Confuse Ray

Prize Money Reward: $12,000

Strategy: Axis brings pure power to the fight and nothing else, uses STAB moves liberally, and uses almost all attack moves. Bring anything that resists the dark type with a high special defense and high defense as well.

Bring a Fighting Type for the super effective attacks, but make sure it has high defense and special defense. Bring an electric or ice type for Honchkrow and use it as a lead. Finally, bring a fast water type that knows hydro pump or surf for Houndoom.

Honchkrow is hard to take down if it doesn't go down in the first turn. If it survives, a STAB from Sucker Punch can easily fell a Pokemon. Use a strong electric or ice type move to take it down before it can cause any major damage.

Sharpedo can also be taken down quickly if you brought an electric type. Use special attacks so rough skin can't hurt your pokemon. Sharpedo must be taken down immediately, because all four of his moves do high amounts of damage, especially earthquake and hydro pump.

Spiritomb is weak to nothing, but it also resists nothing, so if you can hit it with a very strong attack, such as Thunder, Hydro Pump, Fire Blast, etc; you can avoid it's sucker punch. Spiritomb may be weak to nothing, but he is horrendously slow as well.

Houndoom can't be toughened out by a fighting type, because its hidden power is of the flying type. As if this wasn't enough, Houndoom can use nasty plot to boost its already high stats and take you down easily. Use a water type that can hit hard with surf or hydro pump, and hope for the best.

Umbreon is a hard hitting survivalist. It can confuse you, heal itself with moonlight, and then finish you off with Hyper Beam. Use a fighting type and hope that confuse ray misses, or else your entire team could destroy itself. A steel type pokemon would also be good here to resist hyper beam.

Quotes-

Intro - "Are you lost, young one? This gym is for those who can leave their sight behind and fight with their other senses. Do you think you can beat the darkness? Has the loss of your sight bewildered you? If you can't beat the dark, then do you really expect to beat me?"

Last Pokemon - "I may be blind, but I can see your determination..."

Last Pokemon, Low Health - "This... this isn't possible!"

Win - "It's a wonder you even reached me. Get out of my sight."

Loss - "..."

After Loss - "Very well then. Take the badge and this TM, Dark Pulse. Leave me be."

Last edited:

Dr. Faustus

I am >9000. I am 31337.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    Name: Faust
    Title: Champion
    Appearance:
    If you could be [Anything] in a Pokemon Game?

Type used: Varied

Pokemon

Fire the Lv. 84 Infernape ♂ @ Life Orb
    Moves: Overheat / Close Combat / U-Turn / Stone Edge

Blizzard the Lv. 84 Weavile ♂ @ Expert Belt
    Moves: Swords Dance / Night Slash / Ice Shard / Low Kick
    Thunder the Lv. 84 Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Moves: Thunderbolt / Roost / Hidden Power (Grass) / Heat Wave

Quake the Lv. 86 Garchomp ♂ @ Life Orb
    Moves: Earthquake / Swords Dance / Outrage / Fire Fang

Meteor the Lv. 91 Salamence ♂ @ Life Orb
    Moves: Draco Meteor / Outrage / Earthquake / Fire Blast

Death the Lv. 94 Tyranitar ♂
    Moves: Stone Edge / Crunch / Pursuit / Aqua Tail

Intro: ... Guten [morgen / nachmittag / abend]. Your name is [x], is it not? I am impressed that you have reached this far... You are powerful, but I will not lose.

Last Pokemon: ... My last fighter. Do not let me down. I believe in you.

Last Pokemon, Half Health: I seem to have made mistakes in this battle...

Win: That was entertaining. Train more, and come back. I know you will.

Loss: I have lost... You were stronger than I expected...

After loss: Wunderbar...Someone has finally defeated me. You have proven yourself as the greatest trainer in the region. Congratulations...

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Name: Rilence.
    Type: Wandering trainer.
    Appearance: Similar to Lance, with Riley's ability to use and sense Aura, wear like him with a cloak.
    Type: Dragons-lookalike except for a Lucario.

Pokemon:
    Charizard.
    Garchomp.
    Lucario.
    Milotic.
    Gyarados.
    Dragonair.

Rilence only helps the player through the game, you'll be seeing him with all that 6 Pokemons following him around as you meet up with him at certain part of the game.

Little is known about the attacks. (I'm just lazy!)

Last edited:

XxRogueTrainerxX

Needs a better username
    Years
    Name: Ryan

Type: Wandering Trainer (can only be challenged after the main character beats the Elite Four)

Background: The main character first meets Ryan after he/she obtains his/her fourth Gym badge. After a brief chat, Ryan leaves. After the main character obtains his/her seventh badge, an optional sidequest can be done. This sidequest involves delivering several things to him. If this sidequest is done, Ryan can be challenged after you beat the Elite Four. He is found in a secret area behind a waterfall in Deslin Cavern (a fictional area made up by me).

Appearance: Similar to my avatar, except with light brown hair

Battle Intro: Ah, I should've predicted that out paths would cross again. You've done a great deal to come this far. Ever since we first met, I had this premonition that you would defeat the Champion one day. And it looks like my prediction was in fact true. I've always had a watchful eye for strong Trainers, but you are something completely different. Your determination and courage are remarkable. The bond of friendship between you and your Pokémon... is virtually unbreakable. Now, that's enough talk. I want to witness your battling skills with my own two eyes. Demonstrate to me the strength you've acquired!

Battle Music: Starts off with a slow, epic intro, then gradually builds into a hard rock style battle anthem.

Ryan's Pokémon:
    Skarmory (level 67) Moveset: Drill Peck, Brave Bird, Swords Dance, Night Slash
    Roserade (level 67) Moveset: Energy Ball, Toxic, Synthesis, Sludge Bomb
    Houndoom (level 69) Moveset: Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot, Overheat
    Luxray (level 68) Moveset: Thunderbolt, Crunch, Light Screen, Roar
    Rhyperior (level 72) Moveset: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Dragon Pulse, Brick Break
    Milotic (level 70) Moveset: Surf, Ice Beam, Mirror Coat, Recover

Strategy: Ryan's team is very balanced. To have any hope of defeating him, you'll need a balanced team as well. He ultimately believes in his Pokémons' speed and attack power. All of them, including Rhyperior, are unusually fast. More often than not, they attack first, and they often leave you with less than half of your health. Ryan stuffed his Pokémon full with various vitamins, so their stats are rather high for their levels. Make sure the team you're using is at least level 70.

Ryan often leads with his Skarmory. This thing is fast, and its Defense is nothing to snicker at, but it's probably the least of your worries in this battle. It does get a STAB from the moves Drill Peck and Brave Bird, but Skarmory's Attack power is only average. Use a strong Fire or Electric-type on it.

Roserade is a huge pain if you don't take it out quickly. Like Skarmory, it has a very high speed stat. In addition, it has a very high Special Attack stat. It gets a STAB for all of its moves, so be very careful. More often than not, it uses Toxic as its first attack, then it likes to use Energy Ball and Sludge Bomb excessively. To make matters worse, it uses Synthesis when its HP gets to the halfway mark. Use a Psychic, Fire, Ice, or Flying-type on it, but be sure that the Pokémon you're using has a high resistance to Roserade's moves.

Houndoom can be a nightmare if you're not prepared for it. It often uses Flamethrower and Dark Pulse, which can damage you quite a bit, courtesy of its high Special Attack stats. Use a strong Fighting, Water, or Ground-type on it. Watch out for its powerful Overheat attack! With a base power of 140, it can take you out in one hit, even if the Pokémon you're using is resistant to Fire-type attacks. Fortunately, Houndoom's Special Attack stat harshly drops each time it uses Overheat. To compensate, it often follows up with Nasty Plot to replenish its Special Attack stat.

Luxray is tough, but it's definately manageable. Although it's lightning-fast, it has the lowest Special Attack stat on his team. You actually shouldn't have too much trouble itaking it out, but be wary of its Roar attack, which can drag out a random Pokémon. Also, be aware that it gets a STAB from Thunderbolt.

Rhyperior is perhaps the toughest Pokémon on Ryan's team, but its also the slowest. However, all of its other stats are through the roof. It's going to take more than a few hits to defeat it. The moves Earthquake and Stone Edge are almost guaranteed to knock out your Pokémon in one shot, thanks to Rhyperior getting a STAB for both of those moves. Dragon Pulse and Brick Break can also ravage your team. Your best bet for defeating this monster is using a Water or Grass-type against it, since Rhyperior is 4x weak to both of those types. Don't be afraid to use Full Restores and Max Revives! You're probably going to need them.

Milotic is the last Pokémon Ryan sends out, and it can be deadly. It has solid Speed, high Special Attack and Special Defense, and its moves can hit almost as hard as Rhyperior's. To make matters worse, Milotic's Mirror Coat will reflect all Special Attacks back at your Pokémon, dealing double damage to them in the process. Your best bet is to use a Grass or Electric-type, but be wary of Mirror Coat. Luckily, Milotic can't take more than a few hits, and it should go down if you keep attacking it with your strongest moves.

Recovery Items: Full Restore x 3

Last Pokémon: It seems that I've underestimated you... this is my final Pokémon.

Last Pokémon (half health): Did I perhaps miscalculate?

Win: Victory is mine. If I were you, I'd consider re-evaluating my strategy, then coming back for a rematch.

Loss: ...I don't remember the last time I was defeated like this. No wonder you were able to defeat the Champion. Your battling skills... are beyond incredible.

Prizes: $47,000, Infinity Ticket

After Loss: I'm still stunned by your power. I feel very honored and blessed to have battled such a powerful Trainer. In fact, even standing in your presence makes me feel honored. ...My apologies, I'm getting carried away. Anyway, take this as a token of my gratitude (character receives item). This is an Infinity Ticket. This ticket allows you to take the S.S. Virtuo to Infinity Island. Infinity Island is an island far to the south. There, Trainers from every region participate in battles, some even stronger than me. It's almost an entirely new adventure. From battling you, I'm positive that you'll overcome all these new challenges. Anyway, I must be off. Good luck to you. Farewell!

Last edited:

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
    I would like to be something that shoots fire

I don't have the time to create a role play fantasy so yeah..... But i liked reading other peoples even though they all see themselves as the ultimate trainer. lol
    except for syd. syd is awesome. (234927584 HMs)

Last edited:
    Years
    I'd be a GYM leader O:

Name: Shiro
    Type Used: Fire
    City (Can be an existing city or one you made up): Somewhere in Hoenn. (Probably the last gym leader of the region.)
    Gym Layout: Traveling over movable platforms over bubbling lava.
    Gym Badge: Lava Badge
    Badge Description: A flame shape badge

Pokemon:
    -
    Typhlosion
    - Charizard
    - Blaziken
    - Infernape
    - Houndoom
    - Flareon

Oh yeah.

Back