• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could make your own Manga, what would it be?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    If you had the chance to make an offical manga, that would be mass produced and sent to stores, what would it be about? An adventure genre? Action, romance? What would you make of this amazing opportunity?

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Mine would be the same as K-On! but all of the voices would be done by Norio Wakamoto, well I guess that's an anime but whatever.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    It would be a shonen and it'd be pretty awesome with people running around with swords and chopping each other to pieces.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    It would be a magical girl anime with my original trainer character Lisa putting her Pokemon aside and teaming up with her friends to fight the forces of evil while wearing frilly, fancy outfits. Lots of sparkly magical attacks and cute girls kicking butt :)

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I've actually thought about doing something like this; a personal project of a sort save the part of it being mass produced and sent to stores. But, I'm a pretty lazy person. XD; I'm thinking about doing a romance manga, and already have some of the story in mind. If that doesn't work out, then action and adventure all the way.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    I haven't really played with the idea as much as I want to, but I'd probably take one of the D&D/Pathfinder campaigns I've been in and turn it into a story, like Record of Lodoss War.

Years
    I'd become a hero without any super powers--but i have great speed and reflexibilty.
    I am also strong enough to lift a sword that weighs more than 5 cars...
    I also want a great broadsword that can be minimized into a stick so it can be portable anywhere.
    By the way--it has an ultimate form :)

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Has a Shonen manga about Pinball being serious business been done yet?
    'Cos that actually has potential to be a good parody.

I'd become a hero without any super powers--but i have great speed and reflexibilty.
    I am also strong enough to lift a sword that weighs more than 5 cars...
    I also want a great broadsword that can be minimized into a stick so it can be portable anywhere.
    By the way--it has an ultimate form :)

So...a Tokusatsu manga?

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
    The type of manga I would write is a combination of Action, Adventure and Mystery. So yeah, a Shounen.
    Definitely with medieval and mythical elements as well. o3o

Bohemian_Rhapsody

Professional Daydreamer
    Years
    For me, it would probably either be a comedy sort of manga centered around a certain high school with your typical otherworldly/magical elements. A school that isn't advertised as one for gifted students but the majority are anyways. (Except for the main character who is trying to make sense of the place.)
    Or a thriller that involves living dolls and a curse of some sort.

LilCthulhu

Screw the Ruru! I've got money
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    I would probably make an Action/Shounen, but with a lot of comedy in it. Probably something about Dark Magic, with Crude Humor in it.

ShadowMrk

Intangible
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2018
    Mine would be about a kid who turned 10 and decided to recieve a creature (I'm thinking of calling them Pokemon, being short for Pocket Monsters) named Pikachu. He then decides to get 8 symbols ,also known as badges, from around a region named Kanto, which is based on the region of Japan. Also, the series will never die and the main character will never reach the age of 11......... :D

Ok now for my real idea. It would probably a romantic tragedy filled with a ton of gun fighting and conspiracies. Basically, the main character just got married a week ago and then suddenly his wife goes missing. He spends all of his time investigating why and how his wife went missing and he goes all Rambo on the organization that took her. Since I can't draw worth a cow patty, I'll probably just write it into a novel instead.

miju-kun

soaring
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2014
    A shounen where a young man wanted to free the universe from the dictatorship of the dark overlord. yes i know it's lame.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I haven't really played with the idea as much as I want to, but I'd probably take one of the D&D/Pathfinder campaigns I've been in and turn it into a story, like Record of Lodoss War.
    In a similar vein, there have been quite a few non-Pokémon RPs on this message board that I feel could be worth expanding into manga form.

Failing that, I've found that there's absolutely tons of inspiration to found in post-World War II military history. It'd all be seinen, obviously.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    I'd love to write a shonen battle manga myself, but more YuYuHakusho than Dragonball.

I'd like to write a monster series (dragon training!) as well, but they don't tend to do very well, thanks to this one huge series that everyone assumes I'm ripping off, that has a ton of creatures which transform as they go stronger and are trained by immortal ten year olds...You know the one?

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    a supernatural slice of life.
    male protag coming of age.
    no sex appeal at all, gtfo with those double D's bih.
    GHOSTIES it will be done.

Basically, I love watching 17/18 year old boys slowly maturing because of events in his life. I'm not a pedo, it's inspiring :|!

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
    I am currently writing a comic that could be rewritten in a manga style and still work, so here we go...

Genre: Sci-fi/Fantasy
    Length: 384 pages (4 96-page volumes)
    Summary: Julian is a boy who's lived by himself in the near barren lands of northern future Europe, after being told to run from home by his parents 3 years ago. He is in search of a legendary creature known as a Simrugh that lives within certain individuals, that transforms the individual into the creature in a blazing flame. In a tragic event he discovers that he has a Simurgh attached to him and in the midst of trying to rescue a dying girl, he triggers a great war between America and Europe.

That's about as much as I could summarize without giving too much away. It's quite intricate lol

Back