• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could pick your Starter...

Years
  • What would it be?

You can pick any first stage Water, Grass or Fire type excluding Legendaries.

For a Grass type I would pick Hoppip, cute and has some decent move selections.
    For a Water type, well it would be better to not try since I love Water type Pokemon and could never choose one. I love Shellder though, if only he could learn Lick!
    For a Fire type I would pick Numel, he has a dopey personality that I love!

What about you?

Years
  • does iyt have to be fire, water, or grasws. Can it be otehr types. Is it okay if i choose a real starter? is it okay if the pokemon does not have third known evolution? does it have to evolve?

for any of htese cases, i just hope the make a game where you start of with an evee, and the decide what to evolve it too. 7 options (and making them easier. ie. Leafeon Leaf Stone and Glacieon Dawn? Stone), i think thats alot and a game can definatly be made using thsi idea.

if i could pick the types, i would change them from Special to Physical

Flying
    Rock
    Fightning.

like the orignal Grass Water Fire, all of these are auper-effective to one and weak to the other. Flying beats Fightinh which beats Rock which beats Flying

Fighting: Tyrougue
    Flying: Hoppip
    Rock: Larvitar

Last edited:
    Years
  • Flareon doesn't count... it starts from Eevee.

It doesn't have to have 3 stages, but it must start from the first stage and Pokemon with only 1 stage are allowed but they cannot be legendaries.

Perhaps I should make a 'If you could start with ANY 1st stage Pokemon which would it be' thread. I would pick Natu and give him an Everstone... he would be my super cute Pokemon for ever and ever!

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • Very well then, I'd choose the Eevee and immediately give it a fire stone, simply because it can only learn certain moves at different levels.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • Water: Horsea, because Kingdra = win.
    Grass: Turtwig, because he's just that awesome.
    Fire: Vulpix or Growlithe, I suppose ^^

xLilith

is here. Sheesh.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    Grass: Gotta go with Budew, just love Roserade!
    Water: Hmm.. I guess I'll pick Seel, just because I also like Dewgong ^^;;
    Fire: Vulpix, because Ninetales looks cool.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Poliwag, Bellsprout, and Houndour would be my choices.

Shame there isn't a three-stage Fire-type that evolves with a stone, that would've fit my trio better.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Grass-Budew
    Fire-Houndour
    Water-Horsea

There, theat's the bestests...

Wait! I'm not a noob! Anyways, those are my choices...

Kung Fu Quagsire!

woah there friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    Water: Wooper.
    Fire: I don't know, probably Growlithe.
    Grass: OMGSEEDOT!<3

I have really random choices, I know. But I like them. x3

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • If for grass, then I'll probably either pick Tropius or Treeko.

Water? it either goes for Feebas or Clampearl

I would always pick either Torchic or Chimchar for fire. They're most reliable.

Back