• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If you could Re-Type any Pokemon

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I always felt that Dewott and Samurott should've been Water/Fighting because of their samurai credentials.

I'd like them to be Water/Steel because they have more steel-like moves than punches and throws. Right? It's been done already with Empoleon, sure, but fire/fighting has been done before as well!

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    There's many but here's a few that come to mind for me:

Luxray should of been Electric/Dark cause it can learn several Dark type moves and it looks like it's dark and scary. It's pre-evos can still be just Electric, but I'd make Luxray gain a Dark typing when it evolves.

Pignite/Emboar- Fire/Dark or Fire/Ground. Mainly cause 3 Fire/Fighting starters is too much but also cause they seem more fitting to be part Ground or Dark imo.

Lucario- Fighting/Dark or Fighting/Psychic. I don't get how Lucario's part Steel. I mean sure it has those spikes, but that shouldn't make it part Steel, there's other Pokemon with spikes that aren't part Steel. And manipulating aura and using it to predict movements sounds more of a Psychic or Dark type thing. Plus it can communicate to humans through telepathy, another thing related to psychics.

Gyarados- Dragon/Water. It's based off a dragon and is a freaking dragon, so why isn't it part Dragon? That never made sense to me at all.

Charizard- Fire/Dragon. Same as Gyarados. It's based on the European type of dragons, is in the Monster and Dragons egg group and learns several Dragon-type moves. So it makes no sense to me as to why it's Fire/Flying.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    Quite a few on my mind:

Porygon family: Steel - at least GameFreak have retyped the Magnemite evolutionary family, but why not these three?

Beedrill: Poison/Flying - It is poisonous, but why can't this bee escape from Ground-type moves?

Gyarados: Water/Dragon - It certainly looks like a dragon, but it's unusual having the added 'Flying' type.

Vibrava & Flygon: Bug/Ground - They look like dragonflies, so that means they should be bug-type.

Darmanitan: Fire/Fighting - It has huge fists, so it could've forged new ground as the first non-starter Fire/Fighting Pokemon.

Shellos & Gastrodon: Water/Poison - Sea Slugs look poisonous, and due to the fact that they learn poison-types moves makes me wonder.

Golett & Golurk: Ghost/Steel - It's armor is made of metal, so why doesn't it get STAB on Heavy Slam?

Not to mention that every Pokemon colored black should've had an added Dark-type.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Charizard-Fire/Dragon
    Gyarados-Water/Dragon
    Luxray-Electric/Dark
    Milotic-Water/Dragon
    Golduck and Psyduck - Water/Psychic
    Vibrava and flygon - Bug/Dragon
    Serperior - Grass/Dragon
    Golurk - Ghost/Steel.
    Cofagrigus - Ghost/Steel.

Back