• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If You Could Say One Thing to the Writers...

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    If you could say one thing to the writers/producers of the Pokemon anime, what would it be? Praise, criticism, suggestions, nothing??

If I had only one thing I could say, I think it would be a suggestion to make more episodes based on the pokemon of Ash and co. I mean, seriously, we never get to see much in-depth character development for the pokemon. I think the pokemon with the most right now is probably Corphish. It would be cool to have an episode about one or two of the pokemon we rarely get to see developed (like Swellow, Beautifly, etc.) with subtitles and stuff. It would give them more than just the simple personality quirks we are given when we first meet them.

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    I'd smack 'em for rushing every **** League and point out the YuYu Hakusho Dark Tournament arc to them so they can understand how the hell to run a proper tournament. >\ Character development for EVERYONE, not just the main characters, demmit. Would smack 'em double for rushing the Houen tournament.

Strawberry Delcatty

Neko daisuki-na no nya!
    Years
    -Have Ash to win a major tournament and get him off the show after that.
    -Having brand new characters take over.
    -Have one the new characters catch a Meowth for TR's Meowth to fall in love with.
    -Less Jessy and James. New members of TR, please.
    -Give the neglected game characters at least ONE episode.
    -Stay true to the games.

I'll add in more as I come along...

Years
    Bring Misty back, and better battles, I always wanna kill the TV whenever they battle, they always send out electric types out against rock/ground types.... And then they still win.. -_-

Oh and dont have TR try and still Pikachu EVERY STINIKIN EPISODE!! Or atleast have them be sucessful for once... :D

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
    intresting topic

1 - slap em for getting ridda pidgeot, he is the best pokemon ash has ever had!....cept Bulba ^^
    nah really, bring back pidgeot

2 - have an epi dedicated to Butterfree, and what happened to it, maybe he gets it back as his own pokemon for 1 epi, and then it goes

3 - another epi where it is based on the actual pokemon and there are subtitles, like in land of the giant pokemon

thats about it for the mo, ill proberly update

no1 is my main thing.

Jesse GS the II

Can't find a good avatar
    Years
    I'd tell 'em to watch their old episodes and use those as reference points, not the guidelines 4Kids gives 'em. This is the Japanese producers' show, and 4Kids has no right to tell them how to run it. In fact, I'd tell 'em to make an old-fashioned episode filled to the brim with Japanese culture and writing and make it vital to the show's plot. That way, if 4Kids tried to ban it because they weren't able to edit out all the Japanese culture, not only would it hinder the storyline, but they'd be labeled by the public as racists.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I'd tell them to stop sniffing their artist's ink XD
    More Japanese culture
    More old characters, maybe even some from the Johto fillers
    More Kosaburo and Cassidy!
    Bring back Misty
    have the gang change back into their original clothes and give May something old school to wear
    Bring back Pidgeot and Larvitar
    make Ash immature again, it was so funny

Fiver

Resigned. March 2005 - May 2012
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    yeah and slap 'em for also evolving Ash's Charmeleon too soon!! only 3 episodes and it was a Charizard >.< bring back Charmander.

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Elite Trainer Raven said:
    I'd smack 'em for rushing every **** League and point out the YuYu Hakusho Dark Tournament arc to them so they can understand how the hell to run a proper tournament. >\ Character development for EVERYONE, not just the main characters, demmit. Would smack 'em double for rushing the Houen tournament.

Amen to that!!

Me personally, I'd tell them to knock off the whole 'geared toward kids but not really' fasade and make it more like a typical Anime series. When is the 'True Villain' going to show up?! You need one of those at some point!!! (Even Sonic has one or two...)

Elite Trainer Raven

Better than you.
    Years
    SBaby said:
    Me personally, I'd tell them to knock off the whole 'geared toward kids but not really' fasade and make it more like a typical Anime series. When is the 'True Villain' going to show up?! You need one of those at some point!!! (Even Sonic has one or two...)
    Dr. Eggman is to Sonic as the Rocket Gang are to Satoshi-tachi. o_O

Nine

Kirby + Pineapples = Love
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Jun 11, 2007
    Stop making stupid filler episodes that do nothing but make people lose brain cells.

Years
    If i could say anything to the writers it would be the following things

* Bring back Misty and get rid of Max
    * Create All Grown Up seasons of pokemon
    * Have Ash win a major pokemon competition

I suppose all of you other thread repliers are wondering why im no longer saying get rid of May well i'll tell you why.. it's because im getting used to her not knowing what to do in crisis and plus her Skitty is the other reason because it reminds me of Misty's Psyduck

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2006
    Robert0427 said:
    If i could say anything to the writers it would be the following things

* Bring back Misty and get rid of Max
    * Create All Grown Up seasons of pokemon
    * Have Ash win a major pokemon competition

I suppose all of you other thread repliers are wondering why im no longer saying get rid of May well i'll tell you why.. it's because im getting used to her not knowing what to do in crisis and plus her Skitty is the other reason because it reminds me of Misty's Psyduck
    I laughed at this post.All grown UP?You want all grown up?Thats just hilarious.Sir you've been watching to much Nicklodeon.

Anyway I'd like to see the writers and tell them they are bad and shuold hire profesionels.And give ash that same old aditude.Now hes all talk.

Jesse GS the II

Can't find a good avatar
    Years
    RandomCharizard said:
    I laughed at this post.All grown UP?You want all grown up?Thats just hilarious.Sir you've been watching to much Nicklodeon.

I think that premise could work if it's done right. If you read my "Pok?mon: Intensity" fanfics, you'll see how I envision a version of the anime set in the future with older characters. If, like my fanfics, it were geared towards a more mature audience and given more edge and sophistication, then I think they could pull it off.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Elite Trainer Raven said:
    Dr. Eggman is to Sonic as the Rocket Gang are to Satoshi-tachi. o_O

Exactly! The 'true villains' would be Metal Sonic and Chaos (not going by the X Series, which screwed up Chaos and seems to have forgotten about M. Sonic).

As for Pokemon, the 'true villain' could be a wizard of sorts (I think I recall seeing one in the show already), or it could be a ridiculously powerful Pokemon, or a combination of the two. That would be part of what I'd say to them as well.

Cybex Mewtwo

Someone's angry. :/
    Years
    What kills me is that Ash is always in the spotlight even i he's 100% oblivious to the fact. I'd have it so that other people can be the hero as much as ash. Sounds like the idea of giving older characters or neglected characters their own episode. Kinda is. But what my point is more geared towards is the movies. Like with Pokemon 2000. Ash was to save the world, yet he was a complete idiot to the idea. He figured this was some kind of game. What an idiot...and sure, misty was a hero, but for only five or so minutes...annoys the tar out of me...

Back