• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Illustrations

JoeCrux

Illustrator
Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    Hey guys, welcome to my gallery !

This one I made for the PSOUL poketibia game. I used the name JHOWLOKO on that forum, but it was ages ago, don't even know if they still use it. (photoshop)
    Spoiler:

(anime)
    Spoiler:

(Traditional)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    These are absolutely delightful and I'm mad at myself for not posting in this thread sooner. You have such an unbelievably dynamic style, seemingly capable of everything from subject drawing to backgrounds alike. Please fill us in on how long you've been drawing for! Tell us a little about yourself as an artist! I think a lot of member here would love to pick your brain.

Your traditional coloring is tight and clean, and it's clear you're skilled with both pencil and stylus. Incredible work here, man, you've got a lot to be proud of. :)

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
  • These are amazing! O.O I especially love the traditional wolves and dragons; I've always pen a fan of dry media, as well as wolves in particular. xD I also really like the texture on some of the ones you did in Photoshop, like in the first Pokemon pic. Out of curiousity, was that an overlay texture, or a custom brush used?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Wow I seriously love your work here! Your pokemon illustrations are brilliant, but my favourite here would have to be all your dragon related drawings.
    Really intrigued by your traditional illustrations and love the pen work you did to the two dragon ones in the middle. They have an amazing amount of detail, you really inspire me!
    Do you have any particular pens/ sizes you prefer to use?
    Also your colouring and shading techniques are incredible!

Man please post work in the future! I'd love to see even more work from you!

JoeCrux

Illustrator
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    Thanks guys !

@Fairy I've been drawing since I was 8 years old, I'm 24 by now... I am a stainedglass artist, dont know If I should post religious art here though.

@Neko64 That's an overlay called "noise". In the original super high resolution image, the effect was more smooth. I actually dont like the way it looks in smaller res =(

@zappyspiker Its done with a nankin pen. The trick is to not think too much, just go adding details in the areas that would make it look good. We all know dragons are full os scales, so you dont have to draw it all ! This kind of technique aims to a more smooth, practical goal.

@The '???' thanks dude, It was the first digital work I'v done.

Back