• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm Back for a second try

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Well since last time i have broken my wrist, been on a cruise the norm. but anyway. i feel that my last team doesnt have enough support so im back too try agian.

Swampert@leftovers
    relaxed

240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD

stealth rock
    earthquake
    ice beam
    roar/surf (i might take surf over roar since skarmory has whirlwind)

Jirachi@leftovers
    impish

240 HP / 160 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spe

wish
    u-turn
    t-wave
    iron head

Skarmory@leftovers
    careful

252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe

spikes
    whirlwind
    roost
    brave bird

Weavile@life orb
    jolly

40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe

pursuit
    ice shard
    low kick
    ice punch

Infernape@life orb
    hasty

252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe

close combat
    grass knot
    mach punch
    overheat

Flygon@life orb
    jolly

252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

earthquake
    roost
    dragon claw
    fire blast

Hopefully you guys can help me out.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Well since last time i have broken my wrist, been on a cruise the norm. but anyway. i feel that my last team doesnt have enough support so im back too try agian.

Swampert@leftovers
    relaxed

240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD

stealth rock
    earthquake
    ice beam
    roar/surf (i might take surf over roar since skarmory has whirlwind)
    I'd run Roar because it gives Swampert a source of phazing.
    Jirachi@leftovers
    impish

240 HP / 160 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spe

wish
    u-turn
    t-wave
    iron head
    Looks good.
    Skarmory@leftovers
    careful

252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe

spikes
    whirlwind
    roost
    brave bird
    Skarmory is weak on the special side, so maybe it could go with Impish? Your EV spread is fine.
    Weavile@life orb
    jolly

40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe

pursuit
    ice shard
    low kick
    ice punch
    Looks good.
    Infernape@life orb
    hasty

252 Atk / 64 SpA / 192 Spe

close combat
    grass knot
    mach punch
    overheat

Flygon@Choice Scarf
    jolly

252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

earthquake
    roost
    Outrage
    fire blast

Hopefully you guys can help me out.
    Comments/suggestions in bold.

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    Don't use weavile as a physical sweeper/ revenge killer. 1, it sucks. 2, there are so many better pokemon you can use. Replace it with a LO starmie. You need some special coverage considering you have just about NONE.

Starmie@Life Orb
    timid
    natural cure
    252 spA/ 252 spe/4 HP
    Rapid spin
    Hydro pump/ surf ( all about preference)
    ice beam
    thunderbolt

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    Overheat is actually better because it's accuracy is more reliable and the spA drop dosen't even make a difference because it's not like after you kill with overheat they are going to send in a pokemon that is weak to the same fire attack. You will either use a physical attack or switch out, so keep overheat

scizor007

Vengeance
    Years
  • Overheat is actually better because it's accuracy is more reliable and the spA drop dosen't even make a difference because it's not like after you kill with overheat they are going to send in a pokemon that is weak to the same fire attack. You will either use a physical attack or switch out, so keep overheat

So your opponent sends out a Swampert and you're forced to switch out,coz you can't OHKO it,inspite of a 320 power grass knot(and SR + spikes damage)!!

Seriously,Overheat is only good on scarfs,leads and physically based Apes,where you can afford the drop.To keep Overheat,Grass knot has to be replaced by Thunderpunch.This allows you to kill gyrados, but you can't touch Pert that way.Moreover,since Starmie is a good Gyrados counter,Fire blast + Grass Knot is a better choice.

Moreover,I think you can keep Nasty plot>Mach punch,as you already have an excellent revenge killer in Flygon,although you'll miss the priority.Depends on the user's choice.

Overheat is actually better because it's accuracy is more reliable

So 90 sccuracy's reliable and 85 is not??

Last edited:

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2011
    First of all, Overheat IS more reliable because after stab it's base power is 210 where as fire blasts is 180, also overheat has 5 more accuracy which does not seem like much, but it really makes a difference. More bang for your buck if you know what i'm saying.

Second of all, after the -2 spA drop from overheat a 112 EV +nature LO infernapes grass knot will do just over half on a max HP swampert, 212-252 damage to be exact. Nobody in the right mind would send in swampert to take more than half damage just to kill a infernape, you have much better choices like your scarfgon.

Finally, keep mach punch on ape becuase mach punch will OHKO ttar 100% of the time, it is the best counter to rock polish/ dragon dance ttar, which your team is somewhat weak to.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    ok guys thanks for all the help... but uh im going too do a couple battles with it then see if it needs so changes. thanks for all the helped like i asked for ;D...

Back