• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm back, with a fangame to offer

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 10, 2012
    Hey! I'm Amekage (as in, "rain shadow" ). You can also call me by Rainshade (my deviantART username), or Melodie, my real name, if you'd like. It's your call~

I remember joining PC quite a while ago to post a question about the Pokemon Essentials starter kit, and subsequently left because I gave up on the project I was working.

Well, now I'm back on similar grounds - I've managed to complete a relatively small-scale game, and I'm very much anxious to post it here.

I'm still very much new on the forums and I'd be happy to make some friends! Let me know who you are.

Me - I lovelovelove music. I first performed onstage when I was three, and I've loved singing ever since. I also play guitar, piano, and write my own songs. In the way of art, I love drawing and have a bit of experience spriting.

As for my little game, I'm still in the process of having a few friends test it out first and see if works before releasing it on the forums. Stay tuned. (:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • That's quite an arsenal of names you've got there, sir. Welcome back.

I'm sure you know your way around already, but here's two links you might be interested in. You should definitely share some of your drawings in the former, while the latter might not be as active as it could be--I'm also sure you'd have something good to discuss, about music perhaps.

Art Gallery: https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21
    Culture & Media: https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

How's your game going? If you've got enough progress, you can show the prerelease in the ROM Hacking forums.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 10, 2012
    Thank you~

No, I really don't know my way around. xD When I joined I was all focused on my game and such and just wanted my questions answered, and didn't really have time to get to know PC as a community. However, I'd like that to change.

My game is pretty much complete actually. (: And it's not a hack, rather it was done with the starter kit again.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Since it's more of a fangame made by PokeEssentials, them Game Development shall do! You should totally show it off sometime once you reach 15 posts or more (that is, if you want to include pictures, links, or videos).

You can always send me either a Visitor Message or a Private Message if you still need any help, have any questions, or need someone to guide you around the forums. I can do all three. :D There's so much to do here, more than just GD & stuff.

Welcome aboard, and I'll look forward to seeing you around! :3

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jan 10, 2012
    I'm aware of the mighty 15 posts rule thing... trying to surpass it so I can get my game up soon. @__@;

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    It seems you finally made 15 posts, congratulations! And of course, welcome aboard, Melodie! Yup, I just called you by your real name! Your username is certainly interesting, but I prefer calling people by their name rather than their username. That's just me though. ^^:;

Developing a game and a project seems to be pretty tough so I can understand why you gave up. It takes a lot of time to do it, and takes a lot of patience too. So, I'm glad that you finally let out and did what you wanted to do! We're definitely looking forward to see what you put up in the Game Development section, and of course there's a lot of people there who'd be really willing to help you out in your project and help you improve as well.

I'm also a huge music fan. I collect lots of CDs as well as singles, and so far I believe I have collected over 100, even the old ones from the 1980's and 1990's. I got some of them from my aunts and uncles as they really love to listen to music too. It's actually awesome that you can sing, even though I really love music and would really want to make my own record. I couldn't because I don't sing that well. I do play the violin and piano though. I think most of this kind of discussions goes to the Culture & Media section! :)

We do have an Art Gallery here if your interested to post some of your works. What do you usually draw? And are you more of a traditional artist than a digital one? Well, with whatever you may be. Still, your an artist! The Art Gallery is divided into sub-forums too, the Pixel Art for sprites, Graphics and Photography, and the Competitions for obviously, art competitions!

PC is pretty huge, and there's still a lot for you to explore so take your time and you'll eventually get used here, and so if you ever get confused with something, don't hesitate to ask any of the staff members around. they're really nice and approachable and all, so there's no reason for you not to contact them, don't be shy. ^^;;

I'm sure your gonna make lots of friends here, there's a lot of awesome members to talk to, and everyone is really nice! If you still haven't given the rules a look yet, make sure to do so now. You don't want to get into any trouble, no?

Have a great time and see you around the board~

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Hey! I'm Amekage (as in, "rain shadow" ). You can also call me by Rainshade (my deviantART username), or Melodie, my real name, if you'd like. It's your call~

I remember joining PC quite a while ago to post a question about the Pokemon Essentials starter kit, and subsequently left because I gave up on the project I was working.

Well, now I'm back on similar grounds - I've managed to complete a relatively small-scale game, and I'm very much anxious to post it here.

I'm still very much new on the forums and I'd be happy to make some friends! Let me know who you are.

Me - I lovelovelove music. I first performed onstage when I was three, and I've loved singing ever since. I also play guitar, piano, and write my own songs. In the way of art, I love drawing and have a bit of experience spriting.

As for my little game, I'm still in the process of having a few friends test it out first and see if works before releasing it on the forums. Stay tuned. (:

Welcome to the forums! I'm not much of a fan of fan projects and created-from-scratch games, but maybe that's just me or something - I probably have never ever tried most of them, so I can't really say much about them, huh?

I think I love music, but what kind of music, well, I don't really mind, as long as it's good and not ear-grating.

Besides your little game, you definitely should also check out other parts of PC, since it's pretty large. Maybe you'll find some gems or something? XD

I hope to see you again!

Back