• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen I'm Disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    Now mind you I will still buy this game, it will be good and fun, I'll be the first in line for it. Now lets get past that, k? We've established its going to be a good game? Ok now on with the BS factors.

First of all, the new tiles ruin it ALL for me. The charm of Gold and Silver is that mellow autumn colour style with olive green and soft sand coloured roads. I hated the puke green coloured grass in D/P/P. Now they're bringing it over to the remakes? There's one whole nostalgic charm they've ruined.

The new evolutions like Electivire, Magmortar, Gliscor, Yanmega etc. are going to wreck it. The experience won't be as nostalgic and awesome with our old 251 pokemon now evolving into these new evolutions. Also in G/S/C Electabuzz and Magmar were both male and female genders, now they ONLY COME IN MALE in D/P/P. Ah hah. Thats a two-in-one nostalgia charm ruined! Not to mention the new movesets aren't going to be like the original games! Now we have Typhlosion learning FOCUS BLAST? Ho-Oh with EXTRASENSORY??? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. I don't know about you guys, but I'm playing this so I can feel the way I felt when I played Gold long before I hit puberty.

And once again, they favour silver in almost every way. The name "Heart Gold"? I don't care if it means heart of gold, it's still a weird name compared to the awesomeness of Soul Silver. I know you're going to say "names don't matter much be happy you're getting t3h remake at least!!!11" but if its such a tiny thing, then why couldn't they give it a better name? Heart Gold doesn't even roll off the tongue. It sounds like a name a little girl with a cute little cooking apron on would choose.

They better not change anything. Like some people are asking for the Poketch to replace PokeGear and the Pokemon Crystal Dragon's Den to replace the classic nostalgic G/S Dragon's Den. They also want some Crystal features in like Eusine and stuff. NO. Simply NO. Crystal is a game for female toddlers who want to play as a girl character and run around chasing Suicune to give him a cute cuddly kissy. People asking to "replace the Bug Catching Contest", NO thats a nostalgic dreamlike thing the new games can't touch. "Reopen t3h Safari Zone keke!!". No. It being closed is a nostalgic thing. Frustrating maybe a little bit, but a nostalgically frustrating thing it is, you can't deny that.

SORRY FOR THE LONG AS HELL POST.
    I'm not hating on this game, I'm just posting things that ticking me off and are going to crush the experience for me. Still gonna buy Heart (grr..) Gold!

Years
    Now mind you I will still buy this game, it will be good and fun, I'll be the first in line for it. Now lets get past that, k? We've established its going to be a good game? Ok now on with the BS factors.

First of all, the new tiles ruin it ALL for me. The charm of Gold and Silver is that mellow autumn colour style with olive green and soft sand coloured roads. I hated the puke green coloured grass in D/P/P. Now they're bringing it over to the remakes? There's one whole nostalgic charm they've ruined. I did like the autumness of GSC....

The new evolutions like Electivire, Magmortar, Gliscor, Yanmega etc. are going to wreck it. The experience won't be as nostalgic and awesome with our old 251 pokemon now evolving into these new evolutions. Also in G/S/C Electabuzz and Magmar were both male and female genders, now they ONLY COME IN MALE in D/P/P. Ah hah. Thats a two-in-one nostalgia charm ruined! Not to mention the new movesets aren't going to be like the original games! Now we have Typhlosion learning FOCUS BLAST? Ho-Oh with EXTRASENSORY??? WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. I don't know about you guys, but I'm playing this so I can feel the way I felt when I played Gold long before I hit puberty. No comment.

And once again, they favour silver in almost every way. The name "Heart Gold"? I don't care if it means heart of gold, it's still a weird name compared to the awesomeness of Soul Silver. I know you're going to say "names don't matter much be happy you're getting t3h remake at least!!!11" but if its such a tiny thing, then why couldn't they give it a better name? Heart Gold doesn't even roll off the tongue. It sounds like a name a little girl with a cute little cooking apron on would choose. LOL That was a funny comment. I like the names, though.

They better not change anything. Like some people are asking for the Poketch to replace PokeGear and the Pokemon Crystal Dragon's Den to replace the classic nostalgic G/S Dragon's Den. They also want some Crystal features in like Eusine and stuff. NO. Simply NO. Crystal is a game for female toddlers who want to play as a girl character and run around chasing Suicune to give him a cute cuddly kissy. People asking to "replace the Bug Catching Contest", NO thats a nostalgic dreamlike thing the new games can't touch. "Reopen t3h Safari Zone keke!!". No. It being closed is a nostalgic thing. Frustrating maybe a little bit, but a nostalgically frustrating thing it is, you can't deny that. LOL Again. You're funny. I agree; I don't want Poketch or the safari zone opened. lol But then again, when I first played I was upset about the Safari zone. I don't care what they do with it.

I'm not hating on this game, I'm just posting things that ticking me off and are going to crush the experience for me. Still gonna buy Heart (grr..) Gold!

I understand how you feel about this, but if you really want a nostalgic game, just play the originals.

Last edited:

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
    Years
    dude, about the evolutions, that's what the B button is for. i'm gonna be mashing it when my pokémon evolve. don't get your pants in a knot over the small stuff

Years
    Interesting points.

I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Mine is that I honestly don't care that much about the games to get worked up about it.
    Sure, I don't like the names much, that's why I started a thread about it.
    I am still going to buy them, but for them to actually annoy me?

Whole new level...

"Shadow Lugia"

Haven't used this in a while
    Years
    It seems like hating on it is exactly what you're doing. You're basing an entire game on the titles and a few screenshots. You're also ranting about things we don't know even about yet.

Give the games a bit more time before giving it such final judgement.

Last edited:

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    First of all, the new tiles ruin it ALL for me. The charm of Gold and Silver is that mellow autumn colour style with olive green and soft sand coloured roads. I hated the puke green coloured grass in D/P/P. Now they're bringing it over to the remakes? There's one whole nostalgic charm they've ruined.

Wait, what? Grass colour is not revealed to us through the game titles.

The new evolutions like Electivire, Magmortar, Gliscor, Yanmega etc. are going to wreck it.

They probably won't be in it. At least not until you receive the National Dex.

The experience won't be as nostalgic and awesome with our old 251 pokemon now evolving into these new evolutions.

And if I'm wrong, there's such thing as the magic B button!

Also in G/S/C Electabuzz and Magmar were both male and female genders, now they ONLY COME IN MALE in D/P/P. Ah hah. Thats a two-in-one nostalgia charm ruined! Not to mention the new movesets aren't going to be like the original games! Now we have Typhlosion learning FOCUS BLAST? Ho-Oh with EXTRASENSORY???

What's wrong with that? Looks like you're completely against any sorta change at all. I'm guessing you're not a fan of Obama.

WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. I don't know about you guys, but I'm playing this so I can feel the way I felt when I played Gold long before I hit puberty.

...?

That's pretty much why all of us are playing too, but we're not the ones making accusations that don't hold much ground.

And once again, they favour silver in almost every way. The name "Heart Gold"? I don't care if it means heart of gold, it's still a weird name compared to the awesomeness of Soul Silver. I know you're going to say "names don't matter much be happy you're getting t3h remake at least!!!11" but if its such a tiny thing, then why couldn't they give it a better name? Heart Gold doesn't even roll off the tongue. It sounds like a name a little girl with a cute little cooking apron on would choose.

If a scientist by the name of Jar Head found a planet other than earth that had life on it, are you going to disown it because the person who found it has a bad name? Maybe you'll try and convince them to pretend his name is really Mike Steel and rewrite the history books.

They better not change anything. Like some people are asking for the Poketch to replace PokeGear and the Pokemon Crystal Dragon's Den to replace the classic nostalgic G/S Dragon's Den. They also want some Crystal features in like Eusine and stuff. NO. Simply NO. Crystal is a game for female toddlers who want to play as a girl character and run around chasing Suicune to give him a cute cuddly kissy. People asking to "replace the Bug Catching Contest", NO thats a nostalgic dreamlike thing the new games can't touch. "Reopen t3h Safari Zone keke!!". No. It being closed is a nostalgic thing. Frustrating maybe a little bit, but a nostalgically frustrating thing it is, you can't deny that.

I think you're taking the whole nostalgia factor a bit too seriously, kid.

Finnel

Years
    Why don't you just go play Gold/Silver again, if you want the remakes to be exactly the same? That's not the point of a remake, that would be a rerelease.

Crystal is a game for female toddlers who want to play as a girl character and run around chasing Suicune to give him a cute cuddly kissy.
    Yeah you're welcome.

OK, what else do you want, an "8-bit based remake"
    All what you're saying, destroying full moveset and variety of the moves the actual pokemon have woulsd DESTROY the metagame. There are new moves. For god's sake, we're 10 years after the release of G/S/C and now we have do adecuate to this changes. And you exagerated with Crystal being for stupid and dumb people.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Now mind you I will still buy this game, it will be good and fun, I'll be the first in line for it.
    LOL, thats alittle hard to believe considering all the bashing your throwing at the game while at the same time non of us including you don't know anything about the game yet except for the name, lol

Also, come off the nostalgia van wagon already, Almost all of us are going to play the game for nostalgia too, but thats not the ONLY reason >>

Years
    I think there will be plenty of nostalgia factor even if they tweak it a bit...I still had the nostalgia factor in FRLG, and I doubt they're gonna change HGSS any more than that. It doesn't have to be exactly the same for it to be similar enough that the difference in nostalgia is negligible (by the way, for most of us playing Crystal would be just as much of a trip down memory lane as playing G/S). At the same time, I don't want a game that's exactly the same as the games that I've played through dozens of times. That's the whole point of the remakes--to have all of the new moves and items be playable in an entirely new context.

That being said, I really don't like the fact that they've chosen to do the whole pseudo-3D thing that they did in DPPt in HGSS...it just makes the game look completely different. At least FRLG still looked pretty much the same as the original RBY, but I much prefer the 2D to the 3D--I actually think it looks better. But, well, I suppose I will get used to it. I should probably purchase a G4 game to get used to the new look before HGSS come out around here.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    It is a remake, it will always have some changes. Play G/S/C if you don't like any changes to it at all. Besides, we haven't even seen much info on the game yet. ._.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Yeah the only thing i agree with you on is the names they bother me to but im not going to cry about it im just going to call them gold 2 and silver 2 that is it.

Also in G/S/C Electabuzz and Magmar were both male and female genders, now they ONLY COME IN MALE

Your statement above is wrong im pretty shore they come in both cause i have like 1 billlion Female MAgbys

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Wait, what? Crystal is a game for female toddlers? I'm sure many Pokemon fans, including me, would disagree with you. |:< I find Yellow more female-toddler orientated than crystal. Just because you disagree with something does not mean you can bash Crystal. :( /end rant.

Anyway, I actually disagree. I want the Safari Zone open. I agree that Eusine shouldn't be in it. They are gold/silver remakes, after all. :\ Though I'd love the Crystal Dragons Den, just because the original was pretty bland (no offence.) Yeah, I'll just shut up now. XD

OtherAlias

Just another alias.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    The Female toddler part, kind of sexist. Male toddlers like chasing things around too... Some female toddlers like smashing things..

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Not Another complaining thread ...

I'm responding to say this:

You can still get Female Electabuzz and Magmar. I just hatched a Female Elekid yesterday :/ And my Magmotar on Pearl is Female.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
    Umm... Ok, I have something to say:
    First of all, old Johto did have a different feeling. It's just not the same with the new colors. Buiding style looks great overall, but they missed epically with the colors. I agree 100%, more autumn-like colors are needed.

New evolutions, new moves, this kind of stuff are always getting pumped. They are "updating" Gold and Silver, so it haves to apply to the new rules. Also, don't forget that many new evolutions require Sinnoh-only methods, like the stones for Leafeon/Glaceon, magnetic evolutions at Mt. Coronet, etc. It's the Espeon/Umbreon case in FR/LG.

About the names: I don't remembered to have played a US game with the name Pokémon Platina, it was Platinum. Golden Heart and Silver Soul are my bets on US names.

Also, even if this is a Gold and Silver remake, I think they _need_ to put Crystal elements into. Since it was a improvement to the other versions I don't see the sense of taking even more outdated versions to revamp, they should do over the most updated one. UNLESS they are preparing a third remake.

And, my two cents:
    Safari Zone needs to be opened. There were plans for that in the beta. They just made the Warden go in a trip because the ROM was full. I'm not surprised by this. Gold and Silver were HUGE games.

mystery913

some guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2009
    Umm... thats the point of the remakes you cant expect the REMAKES the be exactly like the originals. and regarding to the female toddler chasing suicune around... This is supposed to be a childrens game i mean really complaining about how this game is not good just because its not like the old ones. I for one am in favor of the crystal stuff in this remake i think it will make the game better. and for the record magmar and electabuzz are not always male and what does the color of the grass have to do with anything... oh well thats enough from me

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back