• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm more of a genius than you!

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    Welcome, I'm more of a genius than you!

Well, this is my Gallery, with what has become my proffesion. Icons. I haven't as of yet done any multi icons (those ones with three) but I will when i do some more icons. I use Photoshop CS2, but as of yet, I have no good effects, so if anyone could recomend some good effects, I would be grateful.
    Rules:
    All PC rules Apply
    No Critisism unless it is backed up with an improvement
    No downright insulting my work

C&C is very welcome, but anyways, lets see some Graphics.

Spoiler:

Yep, these are my Icons. Whenever I have at least three new, I will update.
    Enjoy!

Last edited:

DialgaPalkiaGiratina

Kudos to zappyspiker
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2010
    I like them, but they seem a bit too simple. It looks like you added just text, with no effects at all, which isn't genius. Also, on most of them, the text colourdoesn't look good with the icon.

Circuit

Years
    Well, I can assure you there quite a lot of effects gone into those, but I will try to vary the text and find something better for each stock.

@Cycle, if you don't have an improvement to back up your critisism, don't say anything at all. It is terribly downhartening to see someone say 'oh that's just a load rubbish' and not tell the person what they can do to improve. So in future, give the person an improvement with your critisism.

@DialgaPalkiaGiratina, do you know any good brushes/fractal effects? It would be quite nice to have something other than my low opacity brushes.

Circuit

Years
    - I've Added Graphics for today.
    I'm hopefully getting better, and could someone please tell me where a good source of brushes is for photoshop? It would be greatly appreciated.

Circuit

Years
    Well, I shall update this place, but not much happens here. I could try tags, but they wouldn't that great I don't think.

Years
    try punching into your search engine "photoshop brushes" depending on what set you get means you can apply different graphics/patterns. i can see what effects you are using and they suit it well just try add a few layers to them i.e. add make the background fade to emphesis the main object of your art.

another minor thing i feel improves avatars/banners/signiture is just a simple black border. there are many ways to do this, if you get stuck pm me.

good work though :)

Bune

Circuit

Years
    Ok thanks.
    I did that, but most brushes I got were useless. I'll try again.

EDIT: I actually turned out something good this time. I'll try adding them for the next set.

Last edited:
    Back