• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm New and Looking for a Big Favor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2016
    Hello to anyone willing to take a peek at this thread.

I apologize if i am posting where i shouldn't.

As i said i'm new and haven't a clue how to get around yet.

So, to get down to business...

I have a pokemon game i want to turn into my own. I want to completely rebuild my Fire Red ROM from the ground up. (Haven't heard this before right?)

I'm sure many people are asking for something similar...

Anyway, I can make the new Pokemon, and have an entire generation finished. I can't seem to grasp the concept of scripting, however. Is there anyone willing to assist me in completely understanding scripting from the ground up.

I can at the moment script people to say things with PKSV no problem. Finding empty space is easy thanks to that program. Offsets and how they're used seems easy enough to understand. After that, i'm confused.

For example of my troubles, I began to rebuild Pallet Town. I deleted all the map scripts (all events in general) from that particular map. Then, went through and added warp points, people, and of course a sign or 2. However, when i went to test what i had built so far, the screen flashed white and wouldn't play.

I want the player of this game to go through a customized version of the FR intro (may need help there too) and begin with a story event i made. Sadly, i don't know how.

Long story short, will someone be willing to take the time to teach me how to script anything I want into the game. I hear it's easy to learn, but it take time. I have time. I don't have anyone to teach me though!

That's that.

OH! And thank you in advance.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Wrong section to ask, bro. :(

If you're looking for script help, as well as have any questions about ROM Hacking, then the best place for you to do so is the Emulation section of the forums. There are a few threads such as the Script Help Thread, and the Simple Questions thread for the most quick questions there. Over there, you'll find some members who are willing to answer your questions as well as help you out on what you need. :)

Anyways, this is more of a request for help on ROM Hacking rather than an introduction, so Imma have to close this. Feel free to try again if you like. If you have any questions regarding the forums, you are more than welcome to PM me or Snivy.

brb closing dis.

Locked.~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back