• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm new to ROM hacking and I need a little help with my first ROM hack.

JungleOracle

DelphoxOracle
Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2021
    Hi everyone! If you've read the title then you know why I'm posting this thread. I really just want to add some Fakemon to my Black 2 game (and maybe edit some existing Pokémon). I've looked around a bit and found a few beginner's threads to ROM hacks, but none of them have a lot for BW2 (mostly Firered, Emerald, Ruby, etc.) I get that the older games are easier to hack, but I very much prefer BW2. As for what I need help with specifically, I mostly just need some step-by-step instructions and resources for putting new Pokémon into my BW2 game. I need some tools for creating custom sprites, movesets, forms, etc. (basically everything that makes a Pokémon a Pokémon). Any help is greatly appreciated! (remember, this is for BW2, not BW or any older game!)

Years
  • Any specific reason you want BW2 so bad?

You can always use Fire Red and Emerald and with things like the CFRU or Battle Engine Upgrade to upgrade your ROM to Gen 7/8 standards and can whip up a quick Sideshow Fakemon Hack and post it to see everyone's feedback and work on bigger hacks from there.

BW2 has almost no support from the community (as far as I know) and you can ask the Creator of Blaze Black/Volt White or Moon Black, how hard it is to work on a Game like that.

JungleOracle

DelphoxOracle
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2021
    I was under the impression that you couldn't really upgrade older games like that. If one can bring Emerald (which I have) up to Gen 5 standards (animated sprites, graphical updates, etc.) then I'd be happy to use it. But I'm going to want to expand the Pokedex to include all Gen 1-7 (8 if possible) Pokémon so I can have all of them in my game. I'll still need those tools for editing and creating new Pokémon. I'll also need tools for expanding the Pokedex and for upgrading the game to Gen 5-level graphics and gameplay,

Last edited:

JungleOracle

DelphoxOracle
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2021
    Is there a version of CFRU or something else that does the same thing and works with Emerald? It's not that I have anything against FireRed; I just really prefer Emerald for the purposes of what I plan to do with my ROM hack.

Back