• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i'm no superman

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • You know I've always been a fan of your icons, right Shivi? These new ones aren't exceptions. They're pretty awesome. Both the TT and the silk flower icons look 00ber cool. <333

And that profile background looks pretty sick. Maybe a little empty for my tastes but yeah, still a nice one.

https://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv353/Quick_Kid/Revamp 2010/LenandRin2.png
    The small text thingy in this ^ one bugs me, though. But that's probably just me. I don't really know much as far as icons go, after all.

Overall, I'd say you've got some sick works here. You're really much ahead of me in terms of gfx, shivi. ;_;

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2023
    Youre talented. The graphics look great.
    Cool presentation.
    (I like the t-tower xD)

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2016
    Impressive work I must say. I love finding icons on places like LiveJournal that are up to this kind of standard. Keep it up!

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • TeenTitanSilhouette.png
    Silk1.png

These are amazing! I must say I am rather jealous of your skills with using composition and different layouts and styles in your icons, I generally just put down a stock and go adjustments, which rarely ever works that well...

Your knack for both placement and colouring is incredible, and I think would pay off to do more tags or LPs or things other than icons.

Anyways, there isn't much I can really add to that because I'm not really an icon person, so constructive criticism is beyond me. xP But seriously, keep experimenting and doing different things with the icons, it's refreshing to see icons that are actually different to most of the other ones.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Replies:
    Spoiler:

After browsing LJ for some inspiration on what to make, I came across a lot of great Kingdom Heart icons. Got me in the ropes to try some myself, so I went hunting for some new textures and cut scenes from Kingdom Hearts, and I went to work! This is what I did today:

i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

Years
  • Oh Gawd. I totally envy your icon making skills. I need to take tutorials from you. :>

These two being my favourites of the lot:
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

The icons under the miscellaneous category are simply awe inspiring. :shocked:

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

Just going to comment on these. Stuck some numbers beside them so that I could refer to certain ones.

1: The icon itself, is too dark, nice to see you brought out the blues, but you brought them out way too much, the cyans and blues have little contrast with the rest of the icon and it just looks too crowded. It lacks depth in this sense and you need to work on what colours you're going to bring out. Also sharpening and blurring would be nice. You don't always need to go with the obvious when making icons, don't be afraid to go wild with colours and change it completely.

2: The idea is nice, as is the position, to a degree. I think you could have made the stock smaller to make this one stand out more. Again though, overkill on the blues, there's too much navy on the top left and it really kills it. The texture is kind of meh, to be honest. It doesn't suit the icon, you might have been better with some lightning type textures of the same colour.

3 & 4: The colours feel a little washed out, as they do in most of the icons. I also think that it lowers the quality a little bit. Not sure what you're doing to make it happen, but you can show me on MSN. The text looks a little blurry too which is a big no no.

5: I like it, but again, it feels a little dark and the quality could have been improved here.

6: Probably my favourite of the lot, only thing I'd change would be the background, if it was creamy or lighter colour, it would be much better.

7 - 11: These are nice, I like the style. However, like I said, don't be afraid to go all out with colour, try going with what's not obvious and change the colours completely. But, lacking a little depth and contrast here. So look back on previous crit to see what I mean.

12 - 14: Not loving the monotone of the gray borders. You should really think about going with some other border texture, but the text is boring to be honest, especially since you used lorem ipsum. I'll give you some textures, if you're looking to go with this style.

Back