• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

i'm no superman

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • "Where there is love, there is life"
    It's been quite awhile since my last gallery, and even that didn't survive for too long. For most of this year, my interest and inspiration in graphics had taken quite a toll on itself; not in a positive way might I add. About a month or so though, my enthusiasm for it has returned. I wouldn't say I'm fully recovered from my hiatus, but with a new gallery and a fresh new style, I'm hoping this will keep me going. Right now, it'll only be icons I'm showing off, but with tags and large pieces to follow in the future. As an artist, I'm looking forward to your critique and guidance to help me grow as a graphic designer. So please, feel free to leave C&C as it's greatly appreciated.

[jq]Rules
    → All PokéCommunity and G&P Rules apply
    → No stealing, or I'll eat you!
    → If you wish to use any of my work, then I'd appreciate you letting me know & giving credit

Requests
    There will be times that I'm open for requests. I'll usually let you all know when that is.
    But for the sake of things, when and if I do open up for requests, then please follow the format below.

Image:
    Size: [100 x 100 - 150 x 150]
    Other:
    [/jq]

pokémon

i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

celebrities

i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

Tales of the Abyss

i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

Miscellaneous

i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

A special thanks to Abnegation for the CSS.

Trish

He was dead the whole time!
    Years
  • i'm no superman

Chace Crawford and his smexy-self. xD Love it.

I don't think I can help you through just your icons though, mainly because it's such a small canvas and to me, I don't see many changes from the original stock. Post up your tags and I'll see what I can do to help. :D

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • For the moment, this is just an icon gallery which I mentioned earlier in my original post. I've been on hiatus for most of the year, so my skill with tags is on serious low at the moment. :\ I'm hoping as I continue working with icons, my creativity will be replenished and I can get back at work on tags and large pieces.

Seeing as you mentioned Chace there, I'll note that that wasn't my first try with that stock.

I made the first 150 x 150 avatar of him back when I was put as a mod in February this year. Just a few days ago, I decided to try my hands at it again and see how much my style has grown. So, you compare:

i'm no superman
    --->
    i'm no superman

Ashe~

Butterflies
    Years
  • I just love your icons.

The colors are perfect, great images used, and the placements are awesome. :3

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
  • Oh wow, I love that Shimama icon and those N icons. <3 I love how everything is so... expert looking. I think that's the correct term. XDD; Anyway, great work, I look forward to seeing more icons from you in the future Shivivivi. :3

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Shimama is the best icon I've seen from you to be honest! ToA icons are pretty good too. In the spider Pokemon icon, I think it would look better if you didn't make the cyan so "strong"? Katy Perry could have some lighting (or a gradient) where her eyes are looking in my opinion. Oh, and did you put a dot in this icon by accident lol?

Years
  • Nice icons Shivi! I especially love the Pokemon and Tales of the Abyss ones, can't wait to see more :)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Thanks for the comments guys! It's appreciated. :]

Oh, and did you put a dot in this icon by accident lol?
    No, lol. That's her nose hole. >_>;

Just a small update, and surprisingly enough, a tag is included featuring, Chace Crawford. To tell you the truth, I didn't have much direction on where I was going with this. I spent about three hours working on it last night though, and for not making a serious tag like this in about eight or so months, I don't know how I see it.

I know it's a bit dark though. :\

i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

i'm no superman

Years
  • ^ Icons are awesome as usual :3

Yeah, your tag there seems to be a little too dark, besides that it looks good.

Years
  • moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Your tag is not too dark, it just is too flat on the top in terms of lighting. The tag seems to have a gradient of darkest on top progressively getting lighter as we go down, but the light source in the stocks suggest it should be lighter on the left side getting darker. If you throw some lighting to the left, that will make it more accurate, but also will brighten it up a bit if you worry about it being too dark.
    Also, it appears guy on the right had his arm cut off? xP
    Love the bokeh and the text, great subtle tag. Did you make the bokeh yourself, or from a pack?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Thank you for the remarks everyone! As you can tell, I'm terrible at updating. ;o; Hopefully, I'll have some more icons up by the end of the week.
    Your tag is not too dark, it just is too flat on the top in terms of lighting. The tag seems to have a gradient of darkest on top progressively getting lighter as we go down, but the light source in the stocks suggest it should be lighter on the left side getting darker. If you throw some lighting to the left, that will make it more accurate, but also will brighten it up a bit if you worry about it being too dark.
    Also, it appears guy on the right had his arm cut off? xP
    Love the bokeh and the text, great subtle tag. Did you make the bokeh yourself, or from a pack?
    I actually got it from a pack, but I'd love to start learning to make my own. The criticism was on the dot by the way. All of which I agree with, and will keep in mind for when I'm working on something similar to this again. Thank you!

As for his arm, well...Let's just say it was an accident. XD;

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • A little late, but I got here. A few icons, and my profile background I worked on yesterday. I got to say, the icons aren't my very best in my opinion. :\

i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

i'm no superman

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Sorry for the double post, I am certain of what I would like now. XD;

Anyway~ Would I be able to use these four icons for my signature and avatar? I'd be so much appreciative. Also, I will definately give credit where it's due.

i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • @ Curious

I was wondering when someone would request to use one of my pieces

Haha, sure thing, buddy. I don't mind you using the Bachura set. :]

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • @ Miss Doronjo, you had my permission to use it awhile back. I'm just late replying to my own thread. D:

Anyway, just another update with some icons. I did a bit of playing around with the silk flower icon, so that's why there's three different ones. Comments & criticism is appreciated guys.

i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman
    i'm no superman

Years
  • Ahh I didn't know you made the Teen Titans one that you have on msn.

Awesome stuff as usual (:

Back