• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm over 18 and love Pokemon?

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
    Hello there!

I was wondering how many people out there on the PC are over 18 and still enjoy playing the games, watching the anime or maybe even playing the card game! I have seen many over 18s hanging around PC and just wanted you to share your thoughts...

Do you enjoy the franchise cos you grew up with it or cos you feel it's a masterpiece of gaming? For me I believe both, but I would like to hear your views!

Preferably over 18s only...unless you want to discuss wether you'll still like the franchise when you're over 18!

Also I apologise if this thread already exists or if there is a similar one on PC!

Kirakishou

*~Snowdrop Crystal~*
    Years
    I'll be over 18 next Friday, and can confidently say that I'm not about to stop enjoying Pokemon.
    My mother is 42, and she plays the games probably more than I do, as well.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Well I used to love the anime so much and I was 18 when I first started it. Watched it for about 7 years. So I was 25 after that. Now I am not into Pokemon anymore. But I will still watch the anime. Just the classic one. Not the newest season.

KJ

Focus!
    Years
    im 19, i love playing the video games and if i had a tv i would watch the anime as well. its still all great to me

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    I wouldn't say I enjoy playing pokémon. But I still play it out of habit.
    I tried watching the anime a while ago… but after two minutes it got so annoying. .o.'

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    *Raises hand*

18 and still a proud pokemon fan ^_^

Just competitive battling for me, but I enjoy discussing anything else about pokemon as well =P

Pharue

Breeder, EV'er... and more?
    Years
    I'm 19, and I still love playing... Maybe not the competitive battling, but I do like non-competitive battles, as well as.... just the whole concept behind the game.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Im going to be 20 in about 5-6 weeks and i still love Pokemon, infact i think i like it more now that im older and im not shifting from craze to craze all the time, i feel im now able to apprecate it more.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2009
    i'm 16...but i grew up with pokemon. i remember in the first grade, the last day of school. i got my report card and i got straight a's and my dad buys me a game boy color with pokemon red & blue...the addiction began

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Yep... back in 1998. When everyone and their dog had a Gameboy/Gameboy Colour and Red or Blue.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    Around 2004, I just gave up on Pokemon. It was "good when it lasted, but is now boring".

I got back into it this summer, after my 18th birthday, and since then have played the video games and have been a huge follower of the anime after my favorite Pokemon showed up in not one, but TWO TEAMS :D

The card game, I just look at for the lulz, really. Pojo has a list of the top 10 best cards of 2007, and looking at the combo of Gallade and Gardevoir...I lol'd. :#

I don't know if I'll still be a fan or not in the future, but when I'm bored, I always have Pokemon to fall back on...XD

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I'm 16 and still love Pokemon, and in all likelihood, will still love it when I'm 18. Pokemon has essentially become a part of me, or at least a part of my childhood, so I'll probably never forget about it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2009
    yeah i was a huge fan of pokemon in the good old days with the 1st series of pokemon....where u would come home from school switch on the tv and there would be ur favourites ash and pikachu lol

eventually grew out of
    now im 15 and just recently iv gotten back in2 pokemon
    reading the manga that is and i watched the 1st few episodes agen
    *sighs and remembers the good old days*

watched pokemon last sunday actually
    yep got up at 7:45 to watch it
    there was ash and brock lol

but i dont think im much in2 the anime anymore
    im happy with the manga

and just recently brought i nintendo DS just so i could go out n buy diamond and play it

:D

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
    Years
    I'll probably still like it when I'm eighteen, just not as much. I'll probably still stick around PC, though.

Man... that's kind of sad. ;_;

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2008
    Pokemon has the unique ability to appeal to anyone at any age. I'm 24, ex-military, and own and operate a coffee shop. Not exactly someone people would consider to be a pokemon fan still. I love the games, personally. I enjoy how they can be picked up and played if you just have a few minutes to kill or played for hours if you really get into it. Never got into the card games, and the anime has a nostalgia to it though I've never been too big into it. The games themselves carry nostalgia. Every once in a while I bust out my old game boy (the original huge one) and play yellow or gold.

Silverwings-Lumina

Ravenbound Evolution
    Years
    I don't think it's wrong to like it, cos' I doubt I'll be able to forget it when I'm 18 or so ;)
    I'm not really interested in the anime anymore due to the poor dubs sadly :( , but I'm still into the game!

wobbadude1

Everybody Polkamon!
    Years
    Well, I started this thread cos I recently turned 21 and I still enjoy the franchise partly cos I grew up with it and party cos it's a great game! I wanted to see if anyone else over 18 agreed with me! Last night one of my housemates found out that I like Pokemon and she was like "I always live with the Pokemon fans!", which proves there are many fans out there...but some won't admit it! ;)

*Raises hand*

18 and still a proud pokemon fan ^_^

Just competitive battling for me, but I enjoy discussing anything else about pokemon as well =P

That's the confidence I like to see! :)

The games themselves carry nostalgia. Every once in a while I bust out my old game boy (the original huge one) and play yellow or gold.

There's nothing better than a bit of playing the ol' classics! :D

Last edited:
    Back