• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Im thinking of collecting Pokemon cards again....

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    So I am thinking of collecting Pokemon cards again and I would like to know what to do, when I first collected them there was only 1 pack to get, now there are a lot of packs, does it matter which packs I buy? or should I stick with one collection?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    It really depends on what you're looking for.

If you just want to open packs and see what you get, buy whatever set you'd like. If there's a set with a lot of cards that interest you, go with that set. If you want a little bit of nostalgia, go with the Mythical Pokemon collection.

You really can't go wrong getting whatever pack you'd like if you're just collecting. That's all that I do with the TCG these days is just collect the cards. All that I buy is just whatever package I'd like to get at the time. Though I also keep my eye out for any packs with special pins of Pokemon that I like in them, since I like collecting those.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2016
    I just got back into Pokemon collecting as well. I found a ton of old stuff and decided to start making sets. I collected back in my early teens with my cousins.

I never knew Pokemon after #151 ( so basically the 1st 5 sets released ) and thats what im sticking to.

I am working on these 3 sets right now:

- Original Base Set xxx/102
    - Jungle Set xx/64
    - Fossil Set xx/62

I got a huge head start as I have 39 of the 46 Holos I need, including the "Big 3" from our day and entire 1st release. I might also do the Gym Heroes and Team Rocket sets, and I believe that would round out the sets with only the Pokemon I know.

If you are looking for some help with similar sets, feel free to shoot me a PM. I do have about 20ish doubles from the 1st three sets I could help you out with.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I just got back into collecting also. Went out and bought 6 of the break packs and have decided im going to try and finish off that collection. Some cards look really nice now compared to the first gen cards.

Back