• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen I'm this town's gym leader and I'm also a model

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
Years
  • Ah! The guy in Marvelous Bridges lobby! By the fountain thing. He looks like a scientest and says " Why do people drink from vending machines?TO keep checking that..Is my dream" XD totally random dude staring intently at a vending machine? Win.

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • "What?! I created Team Plasma with my own hands. I'm absolutely perfect! I AM PERFECTION! I am the perfect ruler of a perfect new world!" Ghetsis' speeches were so moving, I felt the storyline was made by him and N. The storyline of these two characters was truly Magnificent.

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    I battled this veteran in the Nimbasa stadium. When I beat her, she said, "No matter how much we grow up, we'll always be trainers!"

:'D

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • "My team is always DYNAMIC"

"I... I am a Policeman!
    Why has justice failed?"

"Bad for Team Plasma! Or Plasbad for short!"

"I'm a heart breaker....my name...Charles"

"NOOO! I LOOOOOOOST! PLASSSSSSMAAAAAAAAA!!"

Cynthia is so dirty:
    "Ha ha. You prefer to take things slowly and rationally, am I right? When you're ready, come talk to me. I'll be happy to see you."

These are all great xD I laughed every time a Team Plasma member went PLASSSSMA!!! It just cracks me up.

Charles was also hilarious.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I battled this veteran in the Nimbasa stadium. When I beat her, she said, "No matter how much we grow up, we'll always be trainers!"

:'D

Oh wow, I hadn't seen it (and don't recall it being mentioned here). I think it's a really nice quote, because it seems as if it's aimed at older players (which the game is trying to attract -back- to Pokemon, by making the protagonists older etc), who may have played Pokemon as a kid and then grew up and now are returning to playing. It's so adorable ;___;

(Yeah I said it. A quote from B/W is adorable).

Sir Skids Nickelton

Are You SERIOUS!?
    Years
  • ...allegedly? One of the NPCs in Lavender says they even saw the Rockets kill Marowak. Who else would have done it, the rival? ...OK, he might have done it...

I don't know why, but I have a feeling he's going to be a breakout character in the fandom from here on out. He's gonna be like Bruce Ironstaunch or Strong Bad.

Somehow, this needs to end up in the third version.

I had a sudden "No More Heroes" moment there. I was like... does that make my Excadrill a beam katana? And then I thought that that was pretty cool.

Hey, you don't want her, I'll take her.

I agree that the dialogue seems a bit clunky at times- I heard that this is a new translation team, so that might explain it. It's often difficult to write dialogue that sounds natural without constantly thinking it. Despite that, I think this game has an excellent script, and all the characters have distinct voices when I read their lines. Bianca sounds like a teenage girl, Clay's accent is great, and N does genuinely make me believe he's an intelligent, well-meaning guy that just isn't good with people (makes sense given how little human contact he had growing up). I've also noticed lots of NPCs talking about how much they love their Pokemon, and discussing ways that humans and Pokemon benefit each other. It's a good way of showing how Team Plasma's got the wrong idea.

I'm greatly looking foward to the E4 and final battles, since I'm only now at Opelucid in Black. I can't wait to see the endgame conflicts and actually be able to read some text along with it...

Homestar Runner Reference!!

Back On Topic, I Always Find It Sort Of Weird That If You Beat A Trainer, Leave That Route/Cave/Mountain/Building/Etc And Come Back, Talk To Them, And Repeat, They Always Say The Same Thing. I Know They're Pixels, But Still.

Years
  • Something I came across today. When you battle Bianca on the bridge between the 7th and 8th gym towns, and you get to her last Pokémon, she says something like "Every time I watch my pokémon battle, it ends up like this!" And it kind of touched me. I was actually overwhelmed by the fact that it touched me xD

I've also gotten kind of bored, I guess, by the dialogues of Cheren and Bianca. They say the same thing OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Cheren will always say something in the sense of "What does it mean to be strong?" and Bianca will say "I've been thinking about what I want to do in life". Really Bianca, I know that by now!

Other than that, Bianca is really sweet.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Also, the Daycare Man says "I don't know how it got there". No, you know exactly how the egg got here. What a liar.

Day care man " They don't seem to like each other at all"
    Player " In other words it will take about 2 more minutes for them to have a child together "

Last edited:

big NATE alpha

Patriotic Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2011
    "There are bad ways to win-- and good ways to lose. What's interesting and troubling is that it's not always clear which is which. A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..."
    I always make sure I hit Grimsley before the last one during my E4 runs, just so I can hear that line again. I love it :D.

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • Female swimmer in Undella Bay: "Did you come here to see Cynthia in a bathing suit?"

My response: HELL YES.

Hahaha, I lol'd when I saw that one xD

I can't remember the exact quote, but Grimsley says something like:
    "Contests like this are proof we are really living..."
    That's just...weird :\

And a few of the Roughneck's in the Battle Subway who call themselves losers and stuff :(

Back