• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen I'm this town's gym leader and I'm also a model

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...or something like that.

The games feature interesting dialogue from many different characters. Ranging from N's "let me hear the voices of your Pokemon" to Elesa's very inspiring line about being a model.

Has any of it proven to be amusing to you or stood out in general? Inspiring even? Share your favourite pieces of dialogue within the games. :) And do you think certain parts of dialogue weren't needed? If so, discuss!

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • The model line is gold. PURE GOLD. Seriously, favorite line in the games ever.

Though in all seriousness, some of the translations is pretty poor. A lot of phrasing and word choices are very awkward sounding.

Zurenriri

Has What Grass-Types Crave
    Years
  • I had to read every one of Clay's lines aloud in the voice of the Rich Texan. Does that count?

Hahaha... I used to read Professor Birch's lines (sometimes out loud) in Professor Farnsworth's voice! xD

Anyway, back on B/W topic... Cheren has some weird lines sometimes. "My goal is to defeat all of the Gym Leaders and then the Champion... then maybe people will admit that I am a strong trainer."

He's only in it for the fame. :/

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • Over by the Marvelous Bridge there is a sign that (if I remember correctly) reads:
    "Truly marvelous, and also a bridge."
    This isn't really a character, but it was one of the few lines in the entire series that made me laugh.

Years
  • There's a socialite trainer I faced on the battle subway who said, in the Japanese version: "年上のレディはいかが、とってもジューシー熟れ熟れよ". Which means: "How would you like an older lady? I'm very juicy and ripe." Or something along those lines. I haven't played the English version so I don't know if they decided to keep this line in, but I doubt it.

Years
  • I remember someone when I first met N, and he said "More! Let me hear more of your Pokemon words(or something along those lines)!" And I was pretty creeped out.

Actually, most of what N says is really strange.

Years
  • There are some cool and strange things said in the game. I like how Clay talks, he is very funny. When N says stuff it is usually pretty weird, I am like, okay......

Years
  • I found Clay pretty amusing, it's the first time I've noticed in a Pokemon game where someone has been given a specific accent which has been tried to be portrayed through the dialogue.

I also liked how they made N look as though he spoke quicker than other characters, it gave the NPC a bit more character.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Definitely the male toddler that screamed "RAH HYPER BEAM!" You just can't beat that even though the Model one was damn good.

CrowSama

Too. Much. Caffine.
    Years
  • When you are on the ferris wheel, and you picked the male character, you would go on the ride with a hiker. "It's getting kinda hot in here isn't it? I'm all sweaty." Kinda creepy. Also on that note, the female character rides up the ferris wheel with a maid. "Yes... Oh? Oh... wow!" Things along those lines. I like the ferris wheel :3

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    When you are on the ferris wheel, and you picked the male character, you would go on the ride with a hiker. "It's getting kinda hot in here isn't it? I'm all sweaty." Kinda creepy. Also on that note, the female character rides up the ferris wheel with a maid. "Yes... Oh? Oh... wow!" Things along those lines. I like the ferris wheel :3

HAHAHAHA, I've had the Maid one happen to me. I was totally caught off-guard. XD

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • OMG She actually says she's a model! I love her even more now =3

Platinum's text is pretty funny, but it seems like Black and White will be just as funny if not funnier. I've learned to read all text slowly so when I see coz gems, I'll post it. And lol Scarf xD

Wait, Nimbassa's a city not a town. Is that the funny? Dumb model? xD

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
  • i feel'd strange when Cheren said to Bianca that she is late for ten years. :D

DayDreamer

Pokemon Gamer
    Years
  • ...or something like that.

The games feature interesting dialogue from many different characters. Ranging from N's "let me hear the voices of your Pokemon" to Elesa's very inspiring line about being a model.
    Yeah I also thought it was amusing. I was getting high hopes on her character before the game but then she came and said that...

Another thing I found amusing was how quickly Bianca's dad changed his mind after Elesa talked to him lol.

When you are on the ferris wheel, and you picked the male character, you would go on the ride with a hiker. "It's getting kinda hot in here isn't it? I'm all sweaty." Kinda creepy. Also on that note, the female character rides up the ferris wheel with a maid. "Yes... Oh? Oh... wow!" Things along those lines. I like the ferris wheel :3
    Same. There's quite a lot of lines that can be interpreted in a ecchi way in this game xD.

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years
  • Anything N says is worded... Oddly. I spent most of the story parts with him literally shouting to my DS "WHAT ARE YOU ACTUALLY EVEN SAYING?"

And then there's that maid on the battle subway. Something along the lines of how people like her for her outfit. I took this in a pervymenlikedirtymaids kinda way. o_o

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Anything N says is worded... Oddly. I spent most of the story parts with him literally shouting to my DS "WHAT ARE YOU ACTUALLY EVEN SAYING?"
    LOL. XD
    I loved the model line, but one thing that cracked me up was on the way to the top of the Dragonspiral Tower, you would hear Reshirams voice (only in white) followed by this:
    "Burn, baby, burn!"
    o_O I thought that I might've gotten a fake game or something. XD

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • ...or something like that.

Has any of it proven to be amusing to you or stood out in general? Inspiring even? Share your favourite pieces of dialogue within the games. :) And do you think certain parts of dialogue weren't needed? If so, discuss!
    I face palmed at that line. I mean, seriously? Does she need to announce to random people that her side job's a model?

Actually, I don't like the dialogues in this game much. It's much too short, unless it's N, which is much too long. :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Over by the Marvelous Bridge there is a sign that (if I remember correctly) reads:
    "Truly marvelous, and also a bridge."
    This isn't really a character, but it was one of the few lines in the entire series that made me laugh.
    I laughed at that too, In my mind I was "no duh it's also a bridge why would it be called that xD"

Back