• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Imagining Character Voices

Years
    How do you imagine the character's voices? How do the lines spoken in the game sound in your head?

When I read the speech of characters, I hear it rediculously acted out, in British accents of course. I sometimes even read it aloud for fun. Some highlights include:

I read Hop in an English boarding school movie accent (think Ron Weasley, the one in which young boys in school uniforms say "sir") and Leon with a comically overly heroic and epic tone.

Marnie sounds like Del or especially Rodney Trotter from "Only Fools and Horses" (that show is adored in Croatia): expressions like "Oi, 'e nicked me telly, innit" come to mind.

Bede totally speaks with the voice of Alan Rickman, Chairman Rose talks like a commercial narrator and Oleana has a perfectly standard accent with a deep voice and a strict, no-nonsense delivery.

Those are all I can think of as very memorably funny so far, and I've just started (passed the 2nd gym). Professor Magnolia and Sonia do have voices, but they haven't quite materialised enough yet so that I can describe them well.

Last edited:

Couples-Consoling

Husband and Wife Nuzlocke Let's Players!
    Years
    Uh, well, not to self promote too much, but... if you click the link in my signature, you'll have a VERY vivid explanation of how we imagined character voices, and how we TRIED to... accentuate... them.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I can picture Kyle Hebert as Raihan. I'm not really sure why. I'm probably really bad at this. ;w; Also, Bede should have a girly sounding voice because he is such an ass... plus, he wears pink. XD

Last edited:

pkmin3033

Hop is voiced by Yuri Lowenthal and nobody will convince me otherwise.

Back