• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

immigration topic

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Also we should all be aware when reading crime stats from other countries that they have different definitions for crime than the U.S. (Norway, for example, has a broader definition of ?rape?). Take crime stats with a grain of salt.

People always try to compare every country to the U.S. Lots of these same people know little about the U.S. Most of Americas crime is assault, robbery, and drug possession, etc. Murder and rape or other capital crimes are a fraction of these other crimes. Crimes like extortion, sex trades, prostitution, etc are controlled by criminal organizations. Drug possession is one of the highest crimes and with the war on drugs this leads to illegal immigration trades. Middle East and the heroin trade from Afghanistan, cocaine from South America, which then puts crack in America (Cocaine balls turns into rock with chemicals and boiling water I'm not going into details lol), Mexico transports marijuana, the list goes on really and this leads to murder and war in the streets over profit and turf. It's a very vicious cycle. This is just the criminal part of the immigration I'm touching upon tho.

Last edited:

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
People always try to compare every country to the U.S. Lots of these same people know little about the U.S. Most of Americas crime is assault, robbery, and drug possession, etc. Murder and rape or other capital crimes are a fraction of these other crimes. Crimes like extortion, sex trades, prostitution, etc are controlled by criminal organizations. Drug possession is one of the highest crimes and with the war on drugs this leads to illegal immigration trades. Middle East and the heroin trade from Afghanistan, cocaine from South America, which then puts crack in America (Cocaine balls turns into rock with chemicals and boiling water I'm not going into details lol), Mexico transports marijuana, the list goes on really and this leads to murder and war in the streets over profit and turf. It's a very vicious cycle. This is just the criminal part of the immigration I'm touching upon tho.

I'm aware, I've lived in the U.S. for all of my 21 years. Everything you just said has zero bearing on anything I said since we're talking about crime in other countries. Since I know the majority of people on this site are coming from a U.S. perspective, I wrote that snippet to inform everyone of the differences between criminal definitions in the U.S. and in Norway and how that affects crime statistics.

Immigration is great for the people immigrating, for the people already there there's not much to benefit from. Some business owners can find cheap labor, but for the most part it's not great to ruin an economy because ___ country can't get their sh*t together. Just my opinion..

Actually, the U.S. would be severely impacted if immigrants stopped working their underpaid farming jobs. The majority of our food comes from immigrant farmers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 11, 2018
As a person whose ancestors were European immigrants, I don't have a problem with people coming into the USA. I'm personally for loose standards. At bare minimum, I support keeping a record of who's coming and going. Personally, I think the USA should adopt the Schengen Area that the European Union uses. I don't care if people who come into the USA can't speak English, they will learn it while they are here. Why should I care if someone doesn't assimilate into the USA? USA is a nation that values individualism, so why would I want someone to confirm? Immigrants also get blamed for everything, so it is hard for me to take seriously any arguments against immigrants. At the end of the day, we are all part of the human race. In the grand scheme of things, the differences between use are pretty minor.

Last edited:
Back