• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Imminent PS3 purchase. Should I?

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
  • My brother-in-law bought a PS4 and is selling his PS3 for very cheap price, plus 7 games. I'm thinking about getting it. Should I? It would be a replacement for my BD player, with the bonus of playing games. On the other hand, the PS4 is out there, but it's too expensive.

I'm almost convinced, but I need the extra push to go for it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Extra push you say...
    How about saying this to your brother-in-law?

Imminent PS3 purchase. Should I?

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
    Years
  • 7 games and a good console? I would definitely take it.

The best plan of action would indeed be telling your brother-in-law to take your money. :P

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    What games is he offering?

But I'd take it. It's cheap, so its not like you're eating up a ton of money by buying it. It's not like there's a whole lot of good stuff for the PS4 out right now either, as far as I know.

Years
  • Depends on the games and the price, but if the games are good and the prices is right go for it PS3 is an great system and you can get some cross gen ports like Watch Dogs and AC4 and last gen gems like Infamous, Uncharted and The Last of Us.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • I *think* there's Mortal Kombat and Max Payne 3 among the games. My brother-in-law doesn't like JRPG so these are out and I'd complement the collection later.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Yeah if you're into JRPG's go for it. So many games on it that are worth buying it at any price. Yeah don't listen to me, I bought one at 200 just for KH 1.5/2.5

Back