• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: Name Change Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    i never changed my username..
    im not the troublemaker :P

Edin

NNNGOOOHHH!
    Years
  • Out of curiosity, are you going to delete all the banned/post count < 0 accounts? Because the name change feature is being done away with, I imagine there might be an influx of alt. accounts created. Freeing up some of the inactive accounts will give the indecisive a better selection of names to choose from if they get tired of the one they have now, or if they didn't post their final name change request in time. (Haha... I hope that actually made sense.)

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • Recently I Was Gonna Change My Name But, I'm Happy To Kep It To Graceful. Since Most People know me under the name.
    Anyway, Maybe Another Idea? When PC Hurrys Up And Stops The Crashing Maybe You Can Bring Back It Back With Limited Numbers? Like Once A Year, 10 WORTHY people get the name changed?
    Oh Well, But Everything Has It's Pro's and It's Con's.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Out of curiosity, are you going to delete all the banned/post count < 0 accounts? Because the name change feature is being done away with, I imagine there might be an influx of alt. accounts created. Freeing up some of the inactive accounts will give the indecisive a better selection of names to choose from if they get tired of the one they have now, or if they didn't post their final name change request in time. (Haha... I hope that actually made sense.)

They won't delete the banned accounts. And for 0 post count? They still won't do that because people could come back to their accounts. And still, how would you define which ones to delete though? If they joined in 08 and have 0 posts, does that mean the accounts with 0 posts created in 10 should also be deleted since you're implying that all users with 0 post counts of zero should be deleted. Pretty sure that isn't a good idea.

Any set idea on what date you're going to be changing them? It doesn't seem like you've changed any yet x:

A week from now, on February 10th, we'll start changing the ones that have been posted thus far, but on February 17th, the two week point, we will be completely shutting down PC to deal with the bulk of the name changes, considering the stress it puts on the server.

If they aren't done by now, then either the staff are waiting to do it all at once from the 17th onwards or will do the ones that have been posted so far now - although this is pretty unlikely, as a lot of changes have been requested, and if it were to be done now, then surely the database would have issues handling it. I guess when that was originally posted it was assumed that there would be less name change requests on the 10th than there actually was. So I'm going along with the 17th.

Recently I Was Gonna Change My Name But, I'm Happy To Kep It To Graceful. Since Most People know me under the name.
    Anyway, Maybe Another Idea? When PC Hurrys Up And Stops The Crashing Maybe You Can Bring Back It Back With Limited Numbers? Like Once A Year, 10 WORTHY people get the name changed?
    Oh Well, But Everything Has It's Pro's and It's Con's.

How would they define who is worthy though? Favouritism could come into it and... yeah, it wouldn't work it, too many arguments would occur as to why someone didn't get picked, etc.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    I'm a little confused... if changing the user name EVERYWHERE is too server intensive, why not have some kind of client sided script that loads user names from a list of member IDs and their Names? Changing user #a's name from Steve to Gregory would only require one edit.... Would that not be lighter on the server?
    :x

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
  • Um.. Doesnt it say you guys were gonna start doing the name changes on the 10th of February? Because it is the 17th now, and my name is still Paranoid.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Um.. Doesnt it say you guys were gonna start doing the name changes on the 10th of February? Because it is the 17th now, and my name is still Paranoid.
    They said they would only do some. But today, they were supposed to shut down all of PC for it.

Glad that happened.

Maybe they're waiting until it gets later in the day.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Guys, just wait. They'll do it as soon as they can. I'm sure there is a good reason for the delay.

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    I dont understand name changes. If you not happy with your name then why did you pick it in the first place? :)

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • I dont understand name changes. If you not happy with your name then why did you pick it in the first place? :)

Because we were happy with it at the time we chose it XD

People change all the time, and so do their tastes in such. Then there are some people who never grow tired of their name and decide to stick with it forever.

The staff could've been mean and not allow name changes ever, so we're lucky they even let us change our names once in a blue moon.

And I guess because of these final name changes we choose something we think we'll like sticking with for good. And if not, what are alts. for?

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • Because Arcanine was a hero and spent like all day yesterday weeding out the thread, and telling members that had names taken that they were already taken, we're just extending it for a day or so, so that those members get a chance to find a name that isn't taken.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Oh right. So if your post's still there in that thread, the username was ok?

That makes sense,

and Jm20, i doubt your name'll get changed if you don't post it in the right place.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back