• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Importing custom tilesets/palettes. It's so difficult and I can't get my head round it!

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2014
    Hey everyone,

I keep trying to insert custom tilesets. Nothing works. Where is the most down-to-earth and easy to follow tutorial? Anyone got any tips?

Thank you.

That, or does anyone have any pre-made tile sets I could pinch (Not the images but the palette and blocks etc)

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
    Hey everyone,

I keep trying to insert custom tilesets. Nothing works. Where is the most down-to-earth and easy to follow tutorial? Anyone got any tips?

Thank you.

That, or does anyone have any pre-made tile sets I could pinch (Not the images but the palette and blocks etc)

How far are you getting in these tutorials? Sometimes you just need a little push and it all clicks. The tutorials for tileset editing are rather simple because it is kinda easy to edit tiles :o

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2014
    How far are you getting in these tutorials? Sometimes you just need a little push and it all clicks. The tutorials for tileset editing are rather simple because it is kinda easy to edit tiles :o

The furthest I've ever got was I managed to get a custom block into the tileset (A house) But it was the wrong palette. I then messed up my map by overwriting it, and had to re-install AdvanceMap.

Thanks for your reply.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I've watched his stuff, specifically one with Tile Helper Advance but I still can't do it..any thoughts?

Well, you're being extremely vague (in this post) and not telling me your problem, so all I can say is that, I don't know what, but you're doing something wrong.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2014
    Well, you're being extremely vague (in this post) and not telling me your problem, so all I can say is that, I don't know what, but you're doing something wrong.

Sorry.

Okay, so I manage to get the blocks in, but instead of the blocks I've added, they're blank spaces in a completely random colour. Any ideas?

Sorry for me being so unhelpful :D

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Sorry.

Okay, so I manage to get the blocks in, but instead of the blocks I've added, they're blank spaces in a completely random colour. Any ideas?

No need to apoligize.
    Mind showing a picture?

DarkenedEclipse

Project Oak
    Years
    Sorry.

The tileset's palette and the palette in advance map don't line up exactly. In other words, your palettes don't "agree" with each other. Make sure the image palette and advance map palette are the same.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Yeah, what the guy above me said. If you're using THA, make sure to save the pallet as the format of the a map version you're using.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2014
    The tileset's palette and the palette in advance map don't line up exactly. In other words, your palettes don't "agree" with each other. Make sure the image palette and advance map palette are the same.

Okay mate, thank you a lot. Will look into it. Cheers.

Okay everyone, once again thank you for your help. We've made progress. :)

I've imported a block, and I noticed I have to edit the image first THEN load a palette from 6-11 :)

Thank you guys..I'll play around with it for a bit and if i get stuck again, I'll come back here.

THANK YOU ALL! <3

Okay. So I import my blocks but I don't get how to make the colours right. I know I'm loading a palette, but what palette is it coming from? I understand I need to load it, but how do I make this palette?

Once this question is answered, I think we're done.

Thanks again guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DarkenedEclipse

Project Oak
    Years
    Okay. So I import my blocks but I don't get how to make the colours right. I know I'm loading a palette, but what palette is it coming from? I understand I need to load it, but how do I make this palette?

Once this question is answered, I think we're done.

Thanks again guys :)

It's coming from tile helper advance, it's simple really. Load the tile helper palette into pal #. Save tileset 2, import your blocks from tile helper png you saved earlier into the .dib tileset 2. Save, load into a map.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2014
    It's coming from tile helper advance, it's simple really. Load the tile helper palette into pal #. Save tileset 2, import your blocks from tile helper png you saved earlier into the .dib tileset 2. Save, load into a map.

Will try that now.

I saved tileset 2 and it won't give me the right resolution to save it in! :/

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2014
    ? What doesn't? Yu have to copy and paste the tiles in paint

Which I can't do because It doesn't save in the right resolution.

EDIT : nevermind.

Everything seems to be working OK now but I can't see my tiles again, even though I loaded the tileset. This is rediculous, I seem to keep going one step forward and two back.

Last edited:

DarkenedEclipse

Project Oak
    Years
    Which I can't do because It doesn't save in the right resolution.

EDIT : nevermind.

Everything seems to be working OK now but I can't see my tiles again, even though I loaded the tileset. This is rediculous, I seem to keep going one step forward and two back.

Oy vey... Just read this tutorial, or even watch the videos, it should work. Here's the link:
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=314480

Back