• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Improve your Battling: Replay Critique

Years
Losing Heatran was the big thing to me. It straight up counters half of his team and losing it means you lost a valuable defensive tool, and outside of Heatran you had little to stop his Clefable+Venusaur pair with. I don't really get why you kept it in on his Gliscor when it outspeeds (defensive) Tran, always carries Earthquake, and can comfortably take any attack defensive Heatran can dish out.

Clefable is also not a terribly good answer to Venusaur when it carries STAB Sludge Bomb and outspeeds it and he has a Heatran sitting in the back. He didn't even have to keep Venusaur in since he could've switched Heatran in for basically a free Flash Fire boost. I think that you also should've gone for Scald on turn 14 instead of Thunder Wave. His team isn't terribly concerned about paralysis (Scizor included), and a burn would've been much more crippling to it.

As for team composition, you could probably use some sort of hazard removal, and if you need a cleric Clefable fills that role nicely.

Someone else may come along and have more (and better) advice.

Yeah I wasn't thinking when I left Heatran in. Thanks for the advice and if anyone else has any more insight please share.

Back