• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Improvements in the anime?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Its not like there are no shows already who dont have older characters, like Naruto, and also it would also be a more diverse audience. Its already apparent that the games are meant to appeal to different ages with the deepnes of the content in them and have hardened over time. Dragonball Z is also a kids show that had older characters and that audience was ranged from 5 to 20 basically.

I don't really care about this thread. It obviously isn't going to happen. I just wanted to say 'Ben10' to the post I quoted. Later.

Good call, Alien Swarm really showed another side of the characters and it was really nice to see them in a completely different light, though it did replace the original series.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Its not like there are no shows already who dont have older characters, like Naruto,

Then watch Naruto.

and also it would also be a more diverse audience.

Pokemon isn't meant to nor does it need to appeal to a diverse audience.

Its already apparent that the games are meant to appeal to different ages with the deepnes of the content in them and have hardened over time.

The games!=anime. Also, the games are still meant to appeal to children. Why do you think events are held at Toys R Us, or the marketing with a children's anime show, or the selling of merchandise in toy isles frequented by children?

I'm an older fan, but there is no indication that there are massive amounts of college aged people playing Pokemon. It's children 10 years ago, and it's children now.

Dragonball Z is also a kids show that had older characters and that audience was ranged from 5 to 20 basically.

Once again, someone names a manga series that inspired an anime. Pokemon didn't start from a manga, it started with video games meant to appeal to children (in a manner that isn't controversial. Remember how Satoshi Tajiri specifically said he wanted Pokemon to "faint" rather than "die" or "lose a life.")

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Arishoz said:
    I don't really care about this thread. It obviously isn't going to happen. I just wanted to say 'Ben10' to the post I quoted. Later.

Try again. The Ben 10 series isn't based on games targeted to 6-year olds and is originally a cartoon series. It can get away with aging their characters because of that.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    You know, you people can formulate all the reasons in the world why having a more mature/censor-stained Pokémon series would be the greatest thing since manga came Pokémonified (because there is only one manga series in the entire franchise, durr), but the fact of the matter remains.

This is a kids' show.

It will not change because a couple of people who are - let's be honest here - too old for Pokémon's target demographic are finally looking for something people their age could enjoy and are turning to Pokémon for it. It will not make a 'more adult' series because making an anime series takes a lot of time, and making two Pokémon series running on seperate plotlines with seperate characters and seperate age demographics is just too much Mewing work just to please a couple of people who aren't satisfied with the childish fun of the current Pokémon. In the unlikely event it does happen, I certainly hope you guys like badly-subbed YouTube videos, because there's no way Pokémon USA would let something so profane poison the minds of the legions of kiddy-geeks who automatically assume that all Pokémon stuff is child-friendly. My advice? Suck it up and go back to worshiping the manga because it's marginally more mature than the anime is.

WonderGirl

Bye bye :(
    Years
    Okay, so it's true that Pokémon doesn't need blood, that was just an example, but what could make it more "mature", as most people stated?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    wonder_girl said:
    Okay, so it's true that Pokémon doesn't need blood, that was just an example, but what could make it more "mature", as most people stated?

Nothing until the games mature. Which they won't by the way.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I think a spin-off series would be good. The shows are aimed at the younger kids, so leave ash to do his adventuring around the pokemon world. Have a bit of a different plot and different people for an older version of pokemon. Though they probably won't. It'd be better if team rocket wasn't in every single show, and seemed more dangerous. Maybe one day catch pikachu and ash doesn't get him back until a few episodes later. And people like dawn, who join him, to be more clueless about pokemon. Starting off as terrible trainers/co-ordinators. When Ash had no idea what he was doing, it was funny.

And also maybe some more disobedience with the pokemon they catch. Things to make it it a bit funnier. And of course, people having crushes. Dawn has no romantic interest, and I don't see how it would be bad for younger kids anyway. a lot of kids get crushes.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2010
    Losing half of every episode to Team Rocket trying to steal pokemon in a plan that will obviously fail in an obvious way has always annoyed me. I usually fast forward through it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    The games!=anime. Also, the games are still meant to appeal to children. Why do you think events are held at Toys R Us, or the marketing with a children's anime show, or the selling of merchandise in toy isles frequented by children?

Need I remind you that Toys R Us also sells items that are clearly not meant for kids? I know that they sold Simpsons products at Toys R Us, which, btw, the franchise is geared towards people who are Teenagers, not kids. Besides which, the events for Pokemon are actually held in the K-zone area, which, BTW, also sells games up to the "M" rating. In short, just because events relating to Pokemon are at Toys R Us doesn't mean they must be kids games.

I'm an older fan, but there is no indication that there are massive amounts of college aged people playing Pokemon. It's children 10 years ago, and it's children now.

I actually know a friend who is married now and he stated that several people at Duke University were actually getting into Pokemon.

Once again, someone names a manga series that inspired an anime. Pokemon didn't start from a manga, it started with video games meant to appeal to children (in a manner that isn't controversial. Remember how Satoshi Tajiri specifically said he wanted Pokemon to "faint" rather than "die" or "lose a life.")

Hey, I don't want Pokemon to die, but it's not like they have completely eliminated death from the franchise (there is the Pokemon Tower, which was quite literally a mausileum, and it was implied that Team Rocket and Team Galactic had killed at least one Pokemon in their respective beginning games. Heck, it's even argued that J and Cyrus died during the Pixie arc. That's also not even getting into the issues about how Mewtwo massacred the people on New Island, how Lucario and Latios died, and all that.).

And I'm pretty sure that the issues about how the anime writers are currently running things are controversial, seeing how they replace girls merely for eyecandy/sexual fanservice purposes, which is inappropriate (yes, the writers, or at least Masamitsu Hidaka, actually did say that.).

And anyways, just because something is a kids show doesn't mean that the writers should try and dumb it down or basically half-*** their writing. I mean, look at Gargoyles. That show was a kids show, yet that actually had superb writing that dealt with mature themes. Beast Wars Transformers is also another example, as is the animated Batman series (the one with Mark Hamill as The Joker.). Heck, even many of the Disney movies had some superb writing in it as well as character interactions. If even they can do those with their kids movies, the guys on Pokemon can do so as well.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Need I remind you that Toys R Us also sells items that are clearly not meant for kids?

Congratulations on knowing nothing about merchandising. People shopping at Toys R Us are shopping for their young children. The Simpsons has ridiculous broad appeal because it can be enjoyed on multiple levels, something that kid franchises like Pokemon can't.

Toys are going to be wanted by kids, not adults.

I know that they sold Simpsons products at Toys R Us, which, btw, the franchise is geared towards people who are Teenagers, not kids.

Teenagers are still kids, just not the kids that Pokemon is aiming for.

Besides which, the events for Pokemon are actually held in the K-zone area, which, BTW, also sells games up to the "M" rating.

So? Video games are played by many ages, just because there is a rating doesn't prevent kids from playing it.

I actually know a friend who is married now and he stated that several people at Duke University were actually getting into Pokemon.

A friend of a friend doesn't prove anything.

Heck, it's even argued that J and Cyrus died during the Pixie arc. That's also not even getting into the issues about how Mewtwo massacred the people on New Island, how Lucario and Latios died, and all that.).

The people arguing J's death have no idea what they're talking about. Ditto with Cyrus. The unwritten rule in fiction is if there's no body, there's no death.
    lol at your mention of Batman. The DCAU has producers coming out and saying they aren't aiming their show at kids, they just happen to sometimes watch it.

Years
    :tired:... these types of threads really bug the **** out of me.

You guys get all twisted whenever you guys discuss this. as you expect some one form the coorperate side of pokemon is really gonna care what you say. you're the consumer and regardless of what you'll say, they dont care. they continue to do what they do and make money (CREAM, thats the reality, right?) and you'll still watch the show, play the games, read tha manga, ect. You're voice essentially means nothing.

If you guys really REALLY want a spinoff, then make it yourself. I know for a fact that naruto fans have done a lil something here and there that was there own (as anonymous), due to their large retarded fan base (no disrespect there).

There's definitely a number of you guys out there in college or do something on the side that does some sort of video making, editing, animating, ect. whateva... that goes beyond the countless number of stupid fanfics that pop up everyday.

Why dont you guys make a thread, get together and make something happen, instead of ***** about how the franchise isnt spoon feeding you what you want cuz you guys "matured" out of TR's silly remarks and Ash's constant use of pikachu. The show was intended for kids afterall.

That's also not even getting into the issues about how Mewtwo massacred the people on New Island, how Lucario and Latios died, and all that.).
    I dont know too much about the mewtwo thing, but latios and lucario died in the most legitiment, kid friendly, and respectable way the franchise could do it in. They basically said they went "another life" in essence. I'm not trying to get political or religious on you guys, but its not morally correct to show a child a character of any kind (real or fiction) dying, unless it can be done sympathically, andpeacefully, like the way lucario and latios did.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Congratulations on knowing nothing about merchandising. People shopping at Toys R Us are shopping for their young children. The Simpsons has ridiculous broad appeal because it can be enjoyed on multiple levels, something that kid franchises like Pokemon can't.

Toys are going to be wanted by kids, not adults.

Tell that to toy collectors who are adults or Otacons.

Teenagers are still kids, just not the kids that Pokemon is aiming for.

No, actually, they are actually quite different than kids.

So? Video games are played by many ages, just because there is a rating doesn't prevent kids from playing it.

If that was the case, the rating system shouldn't even exist. The reason why a rating system exists in this case is to prevent people from playing certain games.

A friend of a friend doesn't prove anything.

This friend actually went to Duke University, so that's enough proof, seeing how he actually had experienced classmates playing, watching, and collecting Pokemon related things. Besides which, "Pikachu's Global Adventure", when analyzing Misty, had implied that even College students have watched or played Pokemon.

The people arguing J's death have no idea what they're talking about. Ditto with Cyrus. The unwritten rule in fiction is if there's no body, there's no death.

While it is true that no body = no death, The only exception to that rule is if the body was obliterated in an explosion (something that was implied in the case of J), and Cyrus went into a dimension that was implied to be collapsing, which WOULD kill someone, fictional or not.

lol at your mention of Batman. The DCAU has producers coming out and saying they aren't aiming their show at kids, they just happen to sometimes watch it.

Yeah, I know, it was a bad example, but still.

... these types of threads really bug the **** out of me.

You guys get all twisted whenever you guys discuss this. as you expect some one form the coorperate side of pokemon is really gonna care what you say. you're the consumer and regardless of what you'll say, they dont care. they continue to do what they do and make money (CREAM, thats the reality, right?) and you'll still watch the show, play the games, read tha manga, ect. You're voice essentially means nothing.

If it that logic really did apply, then America would not even exist, as the voice was THE reason why we were a free country in the first place.

If you guys really REALLY want a spinoff, then make it yourself. I know for a fact that naruto fans have done a lil something here and there that was there own (as anonymous), due to their large retarded fan base (no disrespect there).

There's definitely a number of you guys out there in college or do something on the side that does some sort of video making, editing, animating, ect. whateva... that goes beyond the countless number of stupid fanfics that pop up everyday.

Why dont you guys make a thread, get together and make something happen, instead of ***** about how the franchise isnt spoon feeding you what you want cuz you guys "matured" out of TR's silly remarks and Ash's constant use of pikachu. The show was intended for kids afterall.

For the record, the reason why I'm participating in this is to make good changes to the show (in other words, create positive emulations for people to mimic), seeing how, after Misty was removed, things went way downhill because of the writers decision of sacrificing character personality for sexual appearances and eyecandy (Yes, the writers did indeed say this). I had declared a boycott, I wrote to the Pokemon Company, and I have also written at least two petitions thus far. I even made a video advertizing our efforts to bring Misty back. If that's not "doing something rather than sitting back and complaining", then I don't know what is.

I dont know too much about the mewtwo thing, but latios and lucario died in the most legitiment, kid friendly, and respectable way the franchise could do it in. They basically said they went "another life" in essence. I'm not trying to get political or religious on you guys, but its not morally correct to show a child a character of any kind (real or fiction) dying, unless it can be done sympathically, andpeacefully, like the way lucario and latios did.

Well, then. I'm a bit surprised that Jodi Benson actually seemed to allow Ursula's death to be shown on-screen, considering how she's one of the most religious (christianity-wise) Voice Actresses I have ever known.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    :tired:... these types of threads really bug the **** out of me.

Weedle tried to organize a Pokémon boycott after Misty left the show or something like that.

Pokémon was always meant for kids, and I do like the puerile characterization of Ash.

People complain a lot about the flaws in anime though as a way of venting. Instead of taking your suggestion of making a new anime, why not make a satire like the Abridged Series to make fun of the flaws of Yu-Gi-Oh!

Years
    If it that logic really did apply, then America would not even exist, as the voice was THE reason why we were a free country in the first place.

no comment, you know what i meant.

For the record, the reason why I'm participating in this is to make good changes to the show (in other words, create positive emulations for people to mimic), seeing how, after Misty was removed, things went way downhill because of the writers decision of sacrificing character personality for sexual appearances and eyecandy (Yes, the writers did indeed say this). I had declared a boycott, I wrote to the Pokemon Company, and I have also written at least two petitions thus far. I even made a video advertizing our efforts to bring Misty back. If that's not "doing something rather than sitting back and complaining", then I don't know what is.
    This is a step in the right direction, but it will not do any good whatsoever. Like i said, you're voice really means nothing.

Well, then. I'm a bit surprised that Jodi Benson actually seemed to allow Ursula's death to be shown on-screen, considering how she's one of the most religious (christianity-wise) Voice Actresses I have ever known.
    I have no idea when/how this happened. where did you get this?

I'm not being hypicritcal, but i intend not to do anything. I'm content with the anime they have right now. If someone comes along and decides to spice it up, be it a fan or official, more power to them. But i really dont care how the anime looks. Would it be cool to have a more "mature" anime of pokemon? Of course it would. it opens up doors to new fans and such. But it's a risk i think that the high guys on pokemon dont intend on taking.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    no comment, you know what i meant.

No, actually, I don't, since how the fans make voices to the Pokemon Company is no different than how the American Colonies had made voices to parliament against the taxes.

This is a step in the right direction, but it will not do any good whatsoever. Like i said, you're voice really means nothing.

By myself, sure, it does mean nothing, but when it amounts to significant numbers, that's when it does become something, that's why I felt that organizing a boycott with others is a perfect way in dealing with the problem, as well as mass letter campaigns and boycotts.

I have no idea when/how this happened. where did you get this?

Before I answer your question, I must ask which part of my statement are you referring to? Is it the one where I mentioned that Jodi Benson was one of the most religious (christianity-wise) Voice Actresses that I know, or the part where I mentioned that she allowed Ursula's death into the movie? I'm asking because that question could apply to both.

I'm not being hypicritcal, but i intend not to do anything. I'm content with the anime they have right now. If someone comes along and decides to spice it up, be it a fan or official, more power to them. But i really dont care how the anime looks. Would it be cool to have a more "mature" anime of pokemon? Of course it would. it opens up doors to new fans and such. But it's a risk i think that the high guys on pokemon dont intend on taking.

While I don't necessarily agree with trying to make the anime the blood-and-guts kind of mature, it does need to have a bit of a more darker element (not too much, just a little, and actually MAKE the Gym Leaders more challenging so as to not compare them to JJM, since basically, their losses especially in Hoenn were similar to your run of the mill JJM battle (meaning, they lose to rookies in a pathetic fashion).

Years
    No, actually, I don't, since how the fans make voices to the Pokemon Company is no different than how the American Colonies had made voices to parliament against the taxes
    Totally different situation completely... case closed

By myself, sure, it does mean nothing, but when it amounts to significant numbers, that's when it does become something, that's why I felt that organizing a boycott with others is a perfect way in dealing with the problem, as well as mass letter campaigns and boycotts.
    essentially, its a waste of time. If you stand by what saying, then thats just greedy. Pokemon has gone through changes for years. I gaurentte, if misty was the only girl still around and never changed, you would ***** saying she's been overused. You want a perfect example of people, go to btnhboard.com and look at all the people whine about not getting free music.

Before I answer your question, I must ask which part of my statement are you referring to? Is it the one where I mentioned that Jodi Benson was one of the most religious (christianity-wise) Voice Actresses that I know, or the part where I mentioned that she allowed Ursula's death into the movie? I'm asking because that question could apply to both.
    the underlined part

While I don't necessarily agree with trying to make the anime the blood-and-guts kind of mature, it does need to have a bit of a more darker element (not too much, just a little, and actually MAKE the Gym Leaders more challenging so as to not compare them to JJM, since basically, their losses especially in Hoenn were similar to your run of the mill JJM battle (meaning, they lose to rookies in a pathetic fashion).
    This is taking an innocent situation and turning it into a problem. It's a show. Dont look to deep into it, then it takes the fun out of it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Totally different situation completely... case closed

I see them as the same, and even if they weren't, the Weatherford case was definitely similar. In order for it to be a "totally different situation completely", the American Colonists would actually agreed with the British word for word, and not have protested at all, basically acting as mindless slaves.

essentially, its a waste of time. If you stand by what saying, then thats just greedy. Pokemon has gone through changes for years. I gaurentte, if misty was the only girl still around and never changed, you would ***** saying she's been overused. You want a perfect example of people, go to btnhboard.com and look at all the people whine about not getting free music.

If I had to choose between having Misty being overused and having the girls acting like Love Hina, the Anime version of Sonsaku Hakufu, the triplets from beauty and the beast, and the like (in other words, acting like complete bimboes whose sole purpose is to garner eyecandy), I'd rather HAVE Misty be overused and be the same if it means one less show promoting the Female Anime stereotype, since I do NOT want any more of that horrible stereotype being broadcasted, and thus, promoted to our younger generation of females.

It is already bad enough that Teen Pregnancies have risen quite a bit so as to become a big problem, thus ruining the sanctity of marriage, as well as the whole modeling and porn industry poisoning teenage/little girls minds (and even teenage/little boys minds, since they'll grow up thinking that girls must be bimboes thanks to those, thus creating new Gaston-esque men every year, something I do not want.) about how they feel they should look, among other things. Basically, Misty's our only chance left in trying to create a role model for kids to emulate, seeing how Ariel and Belle had basically been FUBAR'd by those jerks at the Disney Princess Department by making her no different than the whole modeling crisis and vanity promoting that has been brought into this planet, and DBZ is what some kids now and these days would consider "old school" and "not hip", as it doesn't have any new episodes.

And since when is trying to save the female population, as well as the human race, from going down a path of self-destruction considered "Greedy". If I were greedy in my intentions, I would have felt "screw them, I'll enjoy my shows without caring about what happens to anyone else. Heck, I'll only be concerned with myself." If anything, you seem to be the one whose greedy, seeing how you only care about being entertained instead of any long term effects that people might pick up from the show.

the underlined part

In that case, it's because she has had some knowledge in the development of TLM.

This is taking an innocent situation and turning it into a problem. It's a show. Dont look to deep into it, then it takes the fun out of it.

You can tell that to Weatherford and her ideas, seeing how the writers actually listened to her in regards to Jynx.

Years
    I see them as the same, and even if they weren't, the Weatherford case was definitely similar. In order for it to be a "totally different situation completely", the American Colonists would actually agreed with the British word for word, and not have protested at all, basically acting as mindless slaves.

If I had to choose between having Misty being overused and having the girls acting like Love Hina, the Anime version of Sonsaku Hakufu, the triplets from beauty and the beast, and the like (in other words, acting like complete bimboes whose sole purpose is to garner eyecandy), I'd rather HAVE Misty be overused and be the same if it means one less show promoting the Female Anime stereotype, since I do NOT want any more of that horrible stereotype being broadcasted, and thus, promoted to our younger generation of females.

It is already bad enough that Teen Pregnancies have risen quite a bit so as to become a big problem, thus ruining the sanctity of marriage, as well as the whole modeling and porn industry poisoning teenage/little girls minds (and even teenage/little boys minds, since they'll grow up thinking that girls must be bimboes thanks to those, thus creating new Gaston-esque men every year, something I do not want.) about how they feel they should look, among other things. Basically, Misty's our only chance left in trying to create a role model for kids to emulate, seeing how Ariel and Belle had basically been FUBAR'd by those jerks at the Disney Princess Department by making her no different than the whole modeling crisis and vanity promoting that has been brought into this planet, and DBZ is what some kids now and these days would consider "old school" and "not hip", as it doesn't have any new episodes.

And since when is trying to save the female population, as well as the human race, from going down a path of self-destruction considered "Greedy". If I were greedy in my intentions, I would have felt "screw them, I'll enjoy my shows without caring about what happens to anyone else. Heck, I'll only be concerned with myself." If anything, you seem to be the one whose greedy, seeing how you only care about being entertained instead of any long term effects that people might pick up from the show.

In that case, it's because she has had some knowledge in the development of TLM.

You can tell that to Weatherford and her ideas, seeing how the writers actually listened to her in regards to Jynx.
    Alrite, i sense this conversation going downhill, and fast. If you gotta look this deep in a cartoon, then it just sucks the fun and joy right out of it. It's a show, nothing more, nothing less. If you have a problem with the way a character is presented, this forum site is most likely not the most appropiate place for it. In all due respect, you're statements are ridiculous and Fail.

have a nice day

Last edited:
    Back