• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Improvements?

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2014
    Sceptile, 53:
    Dragon Claw
    Leaf Blade
    False Swipe/Mega Drain
    Frenzy Plant

Altaria, 49:
    Ice Beam
    Dragon Pulse
    Fly
    Dragon Breath

Kyogre, 51:
    Surf
    Aqua Ring
    Ice Beam
    Origin Pulse

Gardevoir, 50:
    Psychic
    Future Sight
    Moonblast
    Psyshock

Mightyena, 53:
    Thunder Fang
    Embargo
    Assurance
    Crunch

Graveler, 41:
    Smack Down
    Strength
    Rock Smash
    Earthquake

My main concern is with Graveler, but I'm hoping to get feedback on all of them. I really tried replicating my team from my original Sapphire (Sceptile, Altaria, Gardevoir, Kyogre) but I realize this might not be the best and I am open to criticism.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Is this for competitive battles or no?

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2014
    I actually have never done competitive battles. I might get into it later down the road, but for now its for Catching Pokemon/Beating Elite Four. Sorry if I left any other info out too.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ah, alright then. Just wanted to know so I know what kind of advice to give you.

Sceptile has a few useful TM moves it can learn, like X-Scissor, Rock Tomb, Focus Blast, etc. I think that you should replace Frenzy Plant with one of those. While it's powerful, it leaves you open on the next turn which kinda sucks. You already have Grass STAB with Leaf Blade and Mega Drain.

If you have Altaria's mega stone (which I believe you can get from a guy in Lilycove), some sort of Normal attack (that's not Giga Impact) would be good for it in place of Dragon Breath. When it mega evolves it gets Pixilate, making Normal type attacks into powerful Fairy type ones.

If it's not holding it already, Kyogre should have its Blue Orb equipped since Primal Kyogre is really powerful. Thunder is also really nice to have on it (in place of Aqua Ring) for coverage and the fact that it'll never miss in the eternal rain Kyogre summons.

You don't really need Future Sight on Gardevoir since you already have Psychic and Psyshock. The 2 turn wait it has also makes it not worth it. There's a number of useful moves you can teach it place of that, like Will-o-Wisp, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, or Thunder Wave.

Mightyena's probably alright....

And yeah, Graveler might be an issue if you can't evolve it, it could really use the stat boost from evolving. A Fire type still might be a better option over it though, since your team currently covers all the Elite 4 members except Glacia, who will wreck Sceptile and Altaria, and the rest of the team may or not not be enough (though I guess you might be able to power through her with the raw power of Primal Kyogre).

Hope that helps.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2014
    Alright, I'll make a few changes with the team. I was thinking of changing the movesets a bit, but wasn't sure which ones to go for. To replace Graveler, I might go Growlithe/Vulpix for the fire type, or possibly looking for another Pokemon that could be the "tank" of the team. Maybe I try and get Golem still though. Thank you for your input. :)

Last edited:

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • Personally I'd suggest evolving Graveler, and then replacing Kyogre with a dual type fire pokemon, perhaps one of the fire/fighting starters to give good coverage over Ice and Steel, as well as being good help with Dark.

Back