• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[In dev.][FireRed Hack] Pokémon Sacred Trio Version

TheShinyHaxorus

Pokéchu
Years
  • This hack has been canceled because I bit off more than I can Chew. Instead, I'm making a mini hack that I have yet to make a thread for.

First of all: THIS THREAD WAS POSTED A BIT AGO ON MY OTHER ACCOUNT "Pokéchu" WHICH I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO ACCESS FOR SOME TIME. THUS, I WILL BE POSTING ALL UPDATES ON THIS THREAD INSTEAD OF THE OTHER ONE.

NOTICE: I AM IN DIRE NEED OF SOMEONE WHO CAN EXPLAIN ASM HACKING TO ME OR HELP ME WITH IT. I WANT TO USE MR.DOLLSTEAK'S DECAP. AND ATTACK PATCH BUT I'M HAVING ISSUES OPENING IT IN GEN III HACKING SUITE AND ALSO DON'T HAVE A CLUE HOW TO USE G3HS IN THE FIRST PLACE. Please help.

NOTICE: I'm putting this hack in hiatus for a while so I can try to learn more about hacking and not run into this project blind. I also need some people to help me with implementing new pokémon into the game (fakemon and newer-gen ones), new moves, and the fairy type, etc. Basically I really need help getting Mr.DollSteak's patch to work with G3HS.

My Story​
    Hey, everyone. My name is, as you can see, Pokéchu, and I'm looking to develop a hack that I started recently. However, this isn't an easy task for me to accomplish due to my also recent introduction to hacking. One day a couple weeks ago, I downloaded A-map and started messing around with the firered maps; remaking them, adding little easter eggs, etc, etc. I realized how much fun it was and decided to take on a new challenge: create a complete overhaul of firered. A new region and fresh ideas is what I had my mind set on. Unfortunately, in my excitement to get started right away, I forgot to, uh-oh, learn how to script... Ooops. Yeah, I know. The last thing you want to be clueless on while ROM hacking is scripting. No worries, though. I watched a couple quick tutorials and learned fairly easily how to write message box scripts, yes/no scripts, and give item/pokémon scripts. I know a bit more now, but I still need help. I have finished creating the starting town and the first route, but I can't seem to wrap my head around how to make the sequence of events to choose a starter pokémon. That among a couple other roadblocks is preventing me from creating something I've dreamed of creating since I knew of ROM hacks. If anyone would volunteer to help me out and teach me some of the vital scripts in Pokémon games, I'd be forever grateful. I will definitely give you lots of credit when I present my hack to the pokécommunity. Thank you, and without further ado, here is what exists of Pokémon Trio Version so far.

Features​
    Because that's all people want to read about.
    Green = Implemented
    Red = Not implemented yet
    Orange = Implementation in progress
    Black = Not to be added until I pick up some asm hacking skills.

Whole new region! The region of Torio, with diverse habitats and lots of places to explore!
    Assorted pokémon from all 6 gens (note: no fairy type because I can't ask hack yet)
    A number of fakemon which act as evolutions/pre-evolutions (i.e: an evolution of jynx) (hell yeah, dunsparce evo)
    Evolutions of pokémon from gen III that were introduced in gen IV
    New starters to match the types of the three legendary birds, zapdos, moltres, and articuno.
    Starters: magby, elekid, smoochum.
    Altered pokémon data (stats, movesets, typing, etc.)(i.e: magmortar is fire/dark type and has dark moves, electrivire is electric/fighting type and has fighting moves) this specific typing for the starters is so that electrivire's typing beats magmortar's typing, magmortar's typing beats jynx (and its evolution's) typing, and jynx's typing beats electrivire's typing. The classic choose a pokémon and your rival has the one that is strong against yours scenario.
    New main legendaries: articuno, zapdos, and moltres. I'm not keen on inserting any other legendaries because I don't see them needing to be in the game, and an abundance of legends has always annoyed me. Plus, the three birds will be buffed to fit main legendary strength status, anyway.
    New maps, gym leaders, elite four, etc.
    I might change pokémart items quite a bit.
    physical/special/status split and icons
    lots of easter eggs and secret areas to explore, in the future.
    10 gyms and and and elite 5 (no, the 5 is not a typo) (note: the two extra gyms will not be normal ones, but rather like the fighting dojo in fire red)
    More move tutors than in firered because they have always IMO been really fun to use
    Some new moves from generation 4, 5, and 6
    new tiles

Game's Story
    Today is your fifteenth birthday, the day you get to choose your first pokémon and roam the region of [name]. So blah, blah, blah, you choose your starter and make your way towards [name] city only to find people congregated in the city square. What could be going on? You go to check the deal out and find out that there has been a lot of buzz regarding "sightings" of massive bird-like pokémon in the skies surrounding the three tallest peaks of the region. People say that a team of pokémon rangers is trying to track these birds down. But why? You'll just have to find out for yourself. You continue on your journey as normal, but soon get wrapped up in the affairs of the rangers as you try to stop them from capturing the creatures you find out to be reawakened legendary pokémon that ensure the prevention of an apocolyptic catastrophe. Without those birds roaming freely, the fate of the region you live in is in danger. And it's up to you and your pokémon to stop the rangers from carrying out their selfish plot.
    Now, that was some juicy plot, wasn't it?

Screenshots
    I will be adding screenshots soon.

If you want to help me out with my scripting problem, just PM me and we can organize something. Thanks a lot in advance.

Extra notes:
    •Chances are that I will not post release dates because these kinds of things are very hard to predict, and I don't want a wave of hate from forum-goers if I don't make any cutoffs. Updates will come as they may. Also, I will post a progress percentage thing sometime.
    •If anyone wants to do a soundtrack for my game (although I'm not expecting it) they can, and I'll give credit. However, since I know it is time-consuming and difficult to compose good music, if anyone wants to teach me how to use firered insteuments and insert new music, I will happily compose for myself. Just PM me if you want to help with that.

Progress Status
    -Mapping-
    Small Town: 100%
    Connecting Path (Route 1): 100%
    Solitude Town: 0%

-Scripting-
    Small Town: 99%
    Connecting Path: 0%
    Solitude Town: 0%

-Spriting-
    Front Sprites: 94%
    Back Sprites: 91%
    Shiny Front Sprites: 0%
    Shiny Back Sprites: 0%

-Tile Texturing-
    10%? I dunno, maybe that much...
    Here's a pic of me learning the ropes, horribly I might add. But I'm getting there lol

Here's my progress in learning scripting:
    Message boxes: done
    Yes/no messages: done
    Give item/give pokémon: done
    Movement: done
    Script tiles: done
    Map scripts: next on my list

Misc. Pictures:

Current Torio region worldmap. Might change frequently.
    Here's a link to my deviantArt so you can keep up with the graphic progress of the hack, and some other stuff I might post. Dunno yet... https://pokechu-art.deviantart.com/

I think that's about it. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
    Years
  • Thanks, that'd be great! I'd do it myself, but I really want to focus on tilesets, sprites, and scripting for now. Thanks again!

If you need help with fairy type I could do that. I could also add a bajillion new moves from gens 4, 5, and 6 (ex: Draco Meteor, Flare Blitz, Rototiller, Fairy Wind, Moonblast, etc. I'll tell you who to give credits to if interested.

Back