• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
  • Okay, koff~

Going off memory here so bear with me. Some of these move sets are not complete, and I'd like to know what others think of before I decide what goes where. This is for my Pokemon Y team. Let's begin:

Pikachu
    Electroball
    Agility
    Nuzzle
    Return

Crobat
    Poison Fang
    Air Cutter
    Bite
    Confuse ray

Golurk
    Magnitude
    Shadow Punch
    Powerup Punch
    Iron Defense

Mawile
    Crunch
    Play Rough
    Iron Defense
    Confide

Heracross
    Dig
    Brickbreak
    Shadow Claw
    Chip Away

Malamar
    Topsy Turvy
    Psycho Cutter
    Psywave
    Foul Play

First off. I realize some of these moves need to be switched.

Heracross doesn't have Megahorn yet, but I'll be getting there. I also want to keep dig. It's one of those moves not many have a defense against, and it's not as common I don't think.

I would like to keep air cutter on Crobat for triple battle purposes and teach Golurk Fly for convenience (that and Golurk is awesome looking). And I think I need (Golurk) either earthquake or bulldoze. I think bulldoze would be more useful than earthquake due to it dropping other's speed, but I can always switch back and forth later.

I know Pikachu isn't the best and I'm mainly keeping it around for aesthetics, but I believe that nuzzle is an extremely handy move to keep around. It paralyses Pokemon and damages them all at the same time. Couple electroball with agility and you have an electric chair stalking the streets.

I'm looking forward to teaching superpower to Malamar (contrary) and debating on whether or not to keep psycho cut or psywave. I like the idea of Malamar and its cry sounds so cool. I'll be giving this one a good go.

Mawile. I've debated on teaching it Iron head over crunch several times. Iron head gets stab, but it is not as useful in the long run in my opinion. And if she goes up against any fire types, I have limited flexibility. Iron defense and Confide is a nice combo to have.

I'd really like to know other's opinions on this and see if they can show me something I haven't thought of. Thanks, koffi~

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    What ability does your Golurk have? If it's got No Guard, then try teaching it DynamicPunch. This is a very powerful move, and always ends up making your opponent confused. (: DynamicPunch may have an extremely low accuracy, but that doesn't matter; you have No Guard! Thanks to No Guard, you'd be able to land any move to your opponent regardless of how low its accuracy is. Not sure what move you should replace it with, though… maybe Power-Up Punch? If you don't want to remove that move, then try Shadow Punch. Either that, or Iron Defense.

Also, if your Heracross has the Guts ability, then make sure to have it hold onto a Flame Orb. When Flame Orb gets activated, it would immediately burn Heracross. If it does get burned, then with the help of its ability, it would be able to increase the strength of all its moves by approximately fifty-percent. And instead of Chip Away, I think you should have it learn Stone Edge. With this move, it'd have the chance to take down a variety of flying-types, as well as a few fire.

FazedLucifer

Elite 4 "Dragon God" Ryujin
    Years
  • My team (hopefully and i know its not my own creation, stat and move wise, but i like it) pokemon Y

Goodra @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Gooey
    EV's: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
    Nature: Sassy / Calm
    Moveset:
    - Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
    - Fire Blast / Flamethrower
    - Dragon Tail / Power Whip / Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt / Sludge Wave

Volcarona @ Lum Berry / Life Orb
    Ability: Flame Body
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spd
    Modest / Timid Nature
    - Quiver Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Fiery Dance / Fire Blast
    - Hidden Power Rock / Hidden Power Ice / Giga Drain

Greninja@ Life Orb
    Ability: Protean
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Hasty / Timid Nature
    - Hydro Pump / Surf
    - Ice Beam
    - Dark Pulse
    - U-turn / Hidden Power Fire

Blaziken@ Life Orb / Leftovers
    Ability: Speed Boost
    EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly / Adamant Nature
    - Sword Dance
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Protect
    - Flare Blitz

Venusaur @ Black Sludge / Life Orb
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    eVs: 72 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
    Nature: Timid
    - Sunny Day / Growth
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power Fire
    - Sleep Powder / Sludge Bomb

Need help for the sixth pokemon feedback is welcome and any advice would be awesome

Last edited:
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    FazedLucifer, this team seems pretty complex for an in-game team. Is this for battling against other people (competitive)? Because those types of teams belong in their own individual threads.

FazedLucifer

Elite 4 "Dragon God" Ryujin
    Years
  • yes i know its complex i came up with it on a pokemonshowdown server so i guess yes cuase the stats are from smogon so could you point me in the direction i need to go then
    Ps i was trying to cover all weaknesses when i came up with this team

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2014
    Hey guys can someone can anyone give me advice on my 3 man team for single battles? Right now its:
    Mega Gengar (Sweeper), Crobat (Offensive Hazer), and Choice Band Scizor with Bullet Punch (Sort of Sweeper).
    Since my team is pretty weak defensively I was thinking of switching out Mega Gengar for Mega Tyranitar as a tank. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Well, if you're really wanting to replace Mega Gengar with Mega Tyranitar, I would suggest replacing Crobat as well. Try switching it with a Pokémon that could advantage of sandstorm, which Tyranitar would whip out as soon as it's sent out on the field. How about Gliscor? You should be able to find a ton of Gligar on Route 19 in X and Y. Catch one, and have it hold onto a Razor Fang. Now, when you evolve it during nighttime, it'll immediately evolve. Razor Fangs could be found over at Battle Maison. In my opinion, a good moveset for Gliscor would be Earthquake, Ice Fang, Swords Dance, and Acrobatics. If you like, you may replace Acrobatics with Baton Pass. Thanks to this move, you'll be able to pass down any stats boost to any of your Pokémon. (: As for your Tyranitar, perhaps you should go with Superpower, Stone Edge, Crunch, and Pursuit. Having two ground-types on the same team could make you vulnerable to ice, but no worries—you've got Scizor to counter them!

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • If you do make the changes, just be aware that your team will have a big weakness to Water. If you want to alleviate this potential problem I suggest having either a Water-type to replace Tyranitar (That with Gliscor & Scizor will make perfect defensive synergy at the expense of Gliscor's ability) or put some Grass or Electric-type moves into one Pokemon's movepool.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2013
    Hey, I'm still perfecting my X Team, so... there it goes !

Blaziken @Blazikenite
    Ability: Speed Boost
    Flare Blitz
    Hi Jump Kick
    Stone Edge
    Swords Dance

Greninja @[NO IDEA, HELP ME]
    Ability: Protean
    Hydro Pump
    Surf
    Dark Pulse
    Ice Beam

Metagross @Leftovers
    Ability: Clear Body
    Meteor Mash
    Zen Headbutt
    [NO IDEA, HELP ME]
    Agility

Garchomp @Life Orb
    Ability: Rough Skin
    Dragon Claw
    Earthquake
    Fire Fang
    Swords Dance

Togekiss @Leftovers
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Dazzling Dream
    Air Cutter
    Fly
    Shadow Ball

And... I have absolutely NO IDEAS which Pokémon I should choose as my sixth one. Ideas I've had so far: Porygon-Z, Tangrowth, Dusknoir...

Please help, and fell free to offer any advices, on moves, held items... even different Pokémon choices ! The only locked choices are Blaziken and Greninja. Thanks !

Years
  • (RMT) Spring Time!

Spring Time!

Starmie/Dewey @ Ganlon Berry
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    -Recover
    -Camouflage
    -HP-Water/Ice Beam
    -Thunderbolt

Rapidash/Talia @ Leftovers
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    -Sunny Day
    -HP-Grass/Solarbeam
    -Protect
    -Toxic

Shiftry/Forest @ Focus Band
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
    -Fake Out
    -Solarbeam
    -Aerial Ace
    -Selfdestruct

Typhlosion/Ace @ Bright Powder
    Ability: Blaze
    Rash Nature (+SpAtk, -SpDef)
    -Flamethrower
    -Earthquake
    -Attract
    -Double Team

Magmar/Ducky @ Quick Claw
    Ability: Flame Body
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SpAtk)
    -Thunderpunch
    -Follow Me
    -Flamethrower
    -Sunny Day

Raticate/Twitch @ King's Rock
    Ability: Guts
    Naïve Nature (+Spd, -SpDef)
    -Thunder Wave
    -Protect
    -Hyper Fang
    -HP-Electric/Taunt

Strategy: this is a weather-team made with the intent of melting my foe into oblivion. RMT.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Merged your thread here, as I mentioned in the chat.

@ people rating, I'll also note the above is intended for double battles in Pokemon XD:GoD's Mt Battle and Orre Colosseum. Gen 3 mechanics! :V

[email protected]

Poke guru
    Years
  • i want to know if this is a good team for me
    lvl 51 hawlucha(skyhara)
    sky attack
    roost
    fly
    flying press
    Serious nature

Meowstic female lvl 35 i plan to level
    lonely nature
    shadow ball
    thunderbolt
    disarming voice
    extrasensory

49 pyroar female
    timid
    strength
    hyper voice
    flamethrower
    crunch

sliggoo 40 plan to level
    naive
    hydration
    thunderbolt
    dragon pulse
    muddy water
    hidden power fire

i want to use a water type for surf and waterfall but i dont know which one to use and i need one more pokemon on my team either my florges or pangoro or any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank you :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    well there is a lot of water types you can catch if you have x you can catch a clauncher with a good rod since clawitzer has amazing sp.attack but if you have y maybe chinchou which you can also get with a good rod on some routes

or otherwise that lapras you get at route 12 is also great

Last edited:

zygardian harbinger

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    Hey guys, Zygardian here. I'm looking to add a new Pokemon to my team, nothing too specific, just one with a good type matchup so it doesn't have many weaknesses. One with good speed too. Any suggestions?

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • Any pure-electric or normal type will do, as these Pokemon only have one weakness. Electric-types are usually your best bet though as most of them have high speed stats, with the exception of Ampharos...

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Is my team overleveled in Pokemon Black?
    I just finished Relic Castle.
    Emboar Lv. 41
    Sawsbuck Lv. 41
    Klank Lv. 41 (Deal with it)
    Swanna Lv. 41
    Krokodile Lv. 41
    By the way, I need suggestions for my last team member.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • Is my team overleveled in Pokemon Black?
    I just finished Relic Castle.
    Emboar Lv. 41
    Sawsbuck Lv. 41
    Klank Lv. 41 (Deal with it)
    Swanna Lv. 41
    Krokodile Lv. 41
    By the way, I need suggestions for my last team member.

I'd say an Own Tempo Lilligant, petal dance ruins a lot of things and you won't need to worry about confusion. I believe you can get one from trading someone a cottonee.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back