• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In School Do you wear Uniforms?

Do you wear Uniforms?

• Yes

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • No

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • I want to

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Nope but i wanna

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
Years
I would DIE if we had to wear uniforms to school...I could NEVER wear a skirt every day. Wearing my 40-year-old one for band concerts is embarassing enough... *shudder*

Personally, those rules about what girls can wear really annoy me...I mean, there should be a limit, obviously, but when I'm not allowed to wear a spaghetti strap top as pajamas on a band trip, when we've just finished SWIMMING AT A PUBLIC POOL in our BATHING SUITS, well, it makes me a bit bothered.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
We aren't allowed to wear spaghetti strapped tops to school on "civies days" (dress down days, casual days, no uniform days, whatever). I think it's just because you're showing so much skin. x_X I usually wear a simple t-shirt (not right, not overly loose) and baggy pants or my jeans on those days anyway. XP I wore these fuzzy pants and this really big GAP sweater today instead of going for the "cool" look. I don't really think flaunting your body is a really cool thing anyway. It makes the girls look like prostitutes... and this is grade 9! x_X Honestly!

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
We have dress code at our school, it sucks.But then again, you get used to it, and peer pressure does go down a lot.

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
Years
I'm glad I don't wear uniforms, I woundn't be able to constantly keep it clean XD. But I guess it is a good idea somethings, to put everyone on the same level of "coolness".

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
Years
Well, personally Uniforms can lower a students self confidence and self esteem. (because you are just wearing the same thing) which only applys to students that had switch to uniforms. Otherwise, I don't see the problem with them.

Theres nothing worng with Skirts, It's just all in your head. :P

Years
Haruka said:
Well, personally Uniforms can lower a students self confidence and self esteem. (because you are just wearing the same thing) which only applys to students that had switch to uniforms. Otherwise, I don't see the problem with them.

I'm sure glad I'm a boy...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Haruka said:

Oh boy... o_O Last year I wrote a persuasive essay on why uniforms shouldn't be used, but now I'm arguing for them. ^_^ How ironic.

If uniforms are the things lowering one's self esteem, I'd look into some professional help or something. Most people lose their self esteem through teasing, bullying, and by thinking that they'll never fit in because they aren't good enough or something like that. With uniforms, you never have to worry about wearing the wrong thing because everyone is equal. You still have the freedom to do whatever you want with your hair, (sometimes) you can wear makeup, and people pay more attention to your personality rather than your looks or clothes. ^_^;;

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
Years
Well, everyone is going to wear the same thing, but their personality and their physical freatures never change. Hmmmmm. But Thats going to take alots of time to get a new friend since people is in a professional enviroment. :D

Blaine

Mon chere...
Years
Keleri said:
I would DIE if we had to wear uniforms to school...I could NEVER wear a skirt every day. Wearing my 40-year-old one for band concerts is embarassing enough... *shudder*

Personally, those rules about what girls can wear really annoy me...I mean, there should be a limit, obviously, but when I'm not allowed to wear a spaghetti strap top as pajamas on a band trip, when we've just finished SWIMMING AT A PUBLIC POOL in our BATHING SUITS, well, it makes me a bit bothered.
I agree with you on the band dress thing! I'd much rather wear the boys' black slacks, white shirt, bow tie, and cummberbund (sp?). But nooooo... Miss only female tenor saxophonist has to be girly and wear the ugly dress... I hate dresses, this is the only one I own. I hate showing up in a bathing suit somewhere as well...

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
What I think is weird at my school is that some of my girl-friends wear boy's shorts, it makes them look sorta strange in my opinion.........(Not to offend anyone)

Haruka

Pokémon Coordinator
Years
It's quite odd. I can't imanage a girl in boys clothes. it's just not right.. Because boys sposed be wearing boy clothes and girls sposed to wear girls clothes.

o_O

not to offend anyone again.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
Haruka said:
It's quite odd. I can't imanage a girl in boys clothes. it's just not right.. Because boys sposed be wearing boy clothes and girls sposed to wear girls clothes.

o_O

not to offend anyone again.

well... that won't offend me at all, as i can't distinguish the difference between boys' clothes and girls' clothes (except for skirt and dresses)

Greed

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2008
Wow... I'm shocked so many people think gurls should wear gurl clothes.. *shudders* I HATE gurl clothes and I never wear them.. On my middle school, I had to wear uniform but I always wore pants. ^^ I HATE skirts and tight pants, yes, I'm a tomboy and VERY proud of it..

*Kills gurly clothes* Mah ma makes me wear skirts at parties, but when she ain't lookin', I change in the bathroom and come out lookin' as a guy. ^.^;;

Some people even ask whether I'm a guy or gurl, I just tell them "I'm an Guy and Gurl, Ya Happy Now???"

*gets killed by people who hate tomboys*

~CaRtOON

*No, I'm not offended, but I'm not lesbian, I'm just tomboyish..*

Back