• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen In what parts of the game do you expect animations/clips?

Do you expect some scenes in the game?

• Yeah

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • Nope

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • OMG Im ddesperte to HYAVE an aimaSION !1!!!1!!1

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • The same in both ways

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It would ruin the nostalgic in these games

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • It would be a nice addition, but not an important one

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
As senn in D/P, and added more scenes in Platinum, the short clips or animations gives the game a realistic and original way to describe the moment and place, and what is happening right where you are or in a place you can look at (usually, when you're in a mountain peack or high place) in a more complex way.

Seeing as these made their first appearance in Emerald:
[/spoilers]When Rayquaza arrived to calm Groudon and Kyogre[spoilers]

And with the Nintendo DS, the clips included a 3D point of view, D/P and Platinum included these too, specially Platinum which made an extensed and awesome scene.

What I'm trying to say is this can happen in HG/SS, and I want you to share opinions on which events you think is the best moment to include one of these.

EDIT: Many people are confusing these. I'm talking about SCENES!! Not gym leader animations or minimal touches to the game. Consider them apart, I'm not talking about these. I'm talking about the scenes you see in Spear Pillar, the arrival of the three legendary elfs, or the awaken of Dialga/Palkia.

Last edited:

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
Years
  • 1. when you challenge the Gym Leaders, the Elite 4 and the Champ
    2. when you challenge your rival and Giovanni
    3. when you watch the clefable-dance on mt. moon (if this feature continues)

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • If so, that would be cool to add to the storyline as long as it keeps a nice, steady flow. I don't want them to overdue it so it would be cool to have some kind of sequence scenes to match the plots in Johto. As long as they don't add too much, I think it would be pretty cool.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Alright, well if they've got to add in any animation or clips into the game, there are quite a few places where it can be shown. For one, definitely battling the Gym Leaders and Elites is one of them, and possible the rival as well. I think this'll be a nice feature and definitely give a more realistic touch to it. As it has already been shown, we can definitely expect first person shots when entering certain places, such as Sprout Tower. This was introduced in FireRed and LeafGreen, and it's definitely a plus to see it come back in HeartGold and SoulSilver. Some already included animation we've seen in the game so far is the wind shown in New Bark Town, which I'm pretty sure with this other towns and cities may have similar effects as well. Actually, this was brought to us in Stark Mountain back in DPPt, where we could have seen the ashes fall from the sky. As for scenes like how that had Rayquaza in Emerald, well, I think we can probably see it in a few places. Two really good locations they can use this effect for is when we first have to confront the Red Gyarados, now that'll be really cool. Also, like stated above, when we see the dancing Clefairy, I think there's a possible chance with that as well. This feature can be extended in so many ways, and in more than one different way as well.

roxas123

Trainer
    Years
  • I'd like to see an animation when the legendary beasts wake up in the burnded tower. Also I wouldn't mind an animation of the clefairy moment too.

Years
  • Just to name a few.

The Kimono Girl dance in Ecruteak city's Dance studio.
    The intro and ending.
    Elite Four
    Gym Leader Animations.
    Rival animation in-battle.
    Lake of Rage-Red Gyarados.
    Team Rocket...
    Mount Silver
    Mount Moon
    The Sudowoodo Dance.

I really hope they do keep some Platinum features in HG/SS. (Animations of Gym Leaders/Elite 4/Champ/Rival/Kimono Girls...)

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
  • When the dogs run out of the tower. That would be pretty neat. But i can't remember any other major event that happens in the game...

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I'm sure the Gym Leaders and Elite Four will have an animation like Platinum. A animated scene when you verse the Red Gyarados or Lugia would be cool, even a scene showing the three legendary dogs fleeing. There are many places where this can be used.

Years
  • Remembering back to the original game, one animation I would like would be when the Trio of dogs runs out of the tower. That would be rather interesting.

I think anything rather important to the story.
    A short clip when entering the Elite 4 would be nice to see. More of a summary of your story, that you have finally reached where you have been working too.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Alright, well if they've got to add in any animation or clips into the game, there are quite a few places where it can be shown. For one, definitely battling the Gym Leaders and Elites is one of them, and possible the rival as well. I think this'll be a nice feature and definitely give a more realistic touch to it. As it has already been shown, we can definitely expect first person shots when entering certain places, such as Sprout Tower. This was introduced in FireRed and LeafGreen, and it's definitely a plus to see it come back in HeartGold and SoulSilver. Some already included animation we've seen in the game so far is the wind shown in New Bark Town, which I'm pretty sure with this other towns and cities may have similar effects as well. Actually, this was brought to us in Stark Mountain back in DPPt, where we could have seen the ashes fall from the sky.

I think the topic creator is talking about scenes, rather than animations...
    Besides, I can't think of what important scene there could be with the Gym Leaders and Elite Four.

And the realistic first person shot when entering certain places/dungeons is also something else. It was present in FR/LG and I'm happy that it's returning.

If you're talking about smaller animations like the wind thing in New Bark, then you can see such animations anywhere. Or did I miss something big?

And the ashes falling on Stark Mountain is counted as a weather, though it is not, and is weird to think of it as a weather. But the game treats it as a weather...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, assuming the TC is talking about actual scenes, like the Groudon,Kyogre,Rayquaza one in Emerald, and the Spear Pillar Giratina scene in Platinum, then I'd say I'd like to see some scenes in quite many parts of the game, since these are where scenes would now be vital with the newer generation engine.
    Some of them that is coming into my head now are:

1.When Raikou, Entei, and Suicune are made to awaken in the Burned Tower. This part screams for a scene to occur, yet it wasn't made.
    2.When Red Gyarados is made to calm down and Lance is watching. It is perfectly suited for it too.
    3.When you see the Clefairy dancing on Mt.Moon at night. I think it was meant to be a scene, actually...
    4.Finally, there must be a scene present in a new event of the game, where you call forth and battle Lugia/Ho-oh like Giratina's scene in Platinum.

That's all I can think of till now...

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • Oh, I remember these animations. I liked them because they gave me a break from moving my fingers every 2 seconds. XD

crobatdeluxe

You can't be a legend...
    Years
  • 1. when the three beast flew off or ran off.
    2. when the Red Gyarados appeared.
    3. Stepping into the Dragon's Den.
    4. Defeating the champion <like the Gengar-nidorino battle cinematics in FR/LG)
    5. When you found the Lapras
    6. When you encounter the two birds <lugia and ho-oh>
    7. Clefairy Dance
    8. Hatching the Egg

That's all I can think off.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'd definitely think the scene with the egg hatching would remain similar to that of DPPt. The reason I say this is because ever since RSE, the major display of it has been kept the same up to now. Anyway, yeah things like how we had Giritina in Platinum and Rayquaza in Emerald would all be a major plus for the game. I agree, it definitely gives you a break from the buttons for a few second, but besides that it is basically a cool feature of the whole.

Seeing a cool feature with the three legendary beasts running out would be very cool. I think I could picture that happening as well, and if they show OW spriting of them as well, then I'd say it's definitely a plus for game players. Anyway, if not all of this is brought to us, I can see some of it definitely happening in the game. It is something that has been followed since Emerald and I don't see why they should stop. Plus, like said, it adds more of a realistic feel to the game, which I enjoy seeing a lot personally.

Years
  • It would be cool to see an introduction to gym leaders, like when you first see them a small clip of them doing something.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • Well I hope when you get to the top of Tin Tower Ho-oh will fly down to fight you not sit there and Lugia coming out of the water instead of sitting there like Ho-oh

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Red Gyardos, legendaries, lance using dragonite at rocket lake of rage base. Gym Leaders and Elite Four.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Well I hope when you get to the top of Tin Tower Ho-oh will fly down to fight you not sit there and Lugia coming out of the water instead of sitting there like Ho-oh

Yes, me too. I hope they don't just sit there waiting for us to go near it and press the A button, lol.

But after seeing the recent changes Nintendo has made to the appearance of the main or mascot legendary Pokemons, I am very positive about Lugia and Ho-oh having a cool way of appearing to you too.

mhadz0021

Never knew Paul's so cute!!
    Years
  • Just to name a few.

The Kimono Girl dance in Ecruteak city's Dance studio.
    The intro and ending.
    Elite Four
    Gym Leader Animations.
    Rival animation in-battle.
    Lake of Rage-Red Gyarados.
    Team Rocket...
    Mount Silver
    Mount Moon
    The Sudowoodo Dance.

I really hope they do keep some Platinum features in HG/SS. (Animations of Gym Leaders/Elite 4/Champ/Rival/Kimono Girls...)

how bout' the notched ear pichu???

Back