• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen In which previous games can you transfer/migrate Pokemon into HeartGold & SoulSilver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fate Falls

Pokémon Researcher
Years
  • Which games can you transfer Pokemon into HeartGold and SoulSilver?

I'm guessing FireRed and LeafGreen? At what point in HeartGold and SoulSilver can you transfer Pokemon?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • You can use the pal park to bring Pokemon from the GBA games to HGSS but not back, and you can transfer both back and forth to DPPt after the first gym.

Fate Falls

Pokémon Researcher
    Years
  • Okay, so you can transfer Pokemon into HG/SS from any GBA Pokemon game? And you can do it after the first gym? What does DPPt stand for?

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    No, no, no. Let me explain.

Once you have access to Pal Park (which I think is in Fuschia City, someone correct me if I'm wrong) you can transfer Pokémon from any of the following GBA games:
    *Ruby
    *Sapphire
    *Emerald
    *FireRed
    *LeafGreen

So basically any main series game from the GBA generation.

However, trading with Diamond/Pearl/Platinum can be done as soon as you have one gym badge. Trading and transferring are two different things.

Fate Falls

Pokémon Researcher
    Years
  • Ahhh, wonderful! Thank you for specifying so well, Dominus. :) That was exactly what I was looking for. (I wasn't able to find an answer from Google.) Thanks again!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back