• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inherited Qualities

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I thought I would be a good idea to make this thread as I just noticed how stubborn me and my mom are xD.

Basically, "What qualites (good and/or bad) have you obtained through your parents?" These "qualities" doesn't technically just mean physical appearance. This can stretch beyond that of appearance to personality, mindset(how they think and/or act), hobbies, habits, etc.

Have fun and remember these qualities doesn't have to be the best qualites n_n'. Oh yeah, if you want you can talk about certain qualites that you have inherited from your friends.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Well, my mom's a totally right-brained artist-type and my dad's a totally left-brained 'egghead' (my aunt calls him that X3). I'm equal parts of both (though my artist side tends to rule the roost when it comes to what I enjoy spending time doing).

I look pretty much exactly like my mom did around my age minus the bridge of my nose (which is in common with most of my dad's family) and other minor traits. I'm also short like her and have tiny feet.

My youngest brother got mom's dad's ultra metabolism (which skipped a generation), and I think to an extent, I got some of it too, as I'm of average weight and it never changes no matter what.

Like my mom, I'm very emotional and easily 'traumatized' by things.

I think at least part of my tomboyish nature came from mom, though much of it I'm sure was from having two little brothers as my closest companions for the earliest memorable years of my life until I made friends with actual peers at 11-ish.

I know of more but I can't remember them at the moment X3

Edit: Not sure whose side it's from, but according to the dermatologist my prematurely thinning hair is genetic.

Last edited:

hiphiphippo

hip hip hurray!
    Years
  • well apparently my eldest brother and i look a lot like mom; and my sister and other brother look more like my dad

for personality, i think i'm also more like my mom cuz my mom is very tolerant and nice, and so am i ^-^
    my sister's sarcasm has also rubbed off on me o;

this doesnt mean that i'm not similar to my dad though, i still am xD

i also remember being told that i'm similar to my grandpa (on my dad's side)

RuRuBell

Beeef
    Years
  • My bad eyesight and premature grey hair from my dad. Though people say I've got good memory like him, which isn't true. His memory is insanely good. Like him, I'm also a good sleeper.

My stuborness from my mom, and I'm thinking the fact that I don't like to cook is also from her. xD

Physically, I'm short and chubs like my mom. But I'm like 5'0 while she's 5'4 or something...:<
    Out of my whoe family, I resemble my late uncle the most.

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • I definitely acquired my physique from my parents. My dad is 6'4" (193 cm) and my mom is 5'10" (178 cm) so it was no surprise that I turned out to be 6'5" (195 cm). I'm also relatively skinny and I'm nearsighted like my dad, though my eyes aren't so bad compared to my dad who can't function without glasses. As for non-physical stuff, I inherited my dad's driving style so I drive somewhat slow but I get significantly better gas mileage than my mom and older sister.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • My dad's charity is all I can recall now. Oh yeah, and height :D Oh so I guess eyesight, which I thought was the TV's fault, and leaness. Also, does that mean I'm 6"5? I doubt I grew 15cm in a year... I need to stop growing.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
  • I got my high metabolism from my mum (I think), as she can eat and eat but never gain weight and i'm the same. It's hard to say who I got my physique from as both my parents are short and quite thin, but then we're quite a short family so I was never going to end up 6ft+.

Personality-wise, i've been told I get my dry sense of humour from my dad (But that's open to debate really), and at times i'm blunt like him. I'm also quite forgetful and i'm quite bad for procrastination, and their definitely my mum's traits.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • People, especially my grandmother, are fond of telling me exactly how much I look just like a thirty-years younger version of my father (odd...considering our age gap is 27 years...they either think he looks young, I look old, or they're just rounding the number off to make it even. XD)

Other than they physical appearance stuff, I hear from my mother all the time that I inherited a lot of my personality from my father. I'm very cautious and calculating, I'm very cynical and have a rather sadistic sense of humor, and I have a huge problem with controlling my anger...all of them are traits found in him. XD

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I don't really have any inheritied traits that I know of. If anything, Anger issues/easily annoyed from my dad. I just hope that I don't inherit hair from my dad. He is bald on his head, but a gorilla everywhere else xD

Back