• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inkpuddle's art dump~

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years

Welcome!

...to what must be my ~5th art gallery thread to date. I always either end up with a killer art block and lose interest, or the thread itself just sort of falls by the wayside. Either way, I've been on a good drawing kick lately so I'm back. :D I'm even using fancy BBcode so it must be for realzies this time!

The only programs I use are Easy PaintTool SAI and Photoshop CS4, not counting the occasional Tegaki doodle. Some of the stuff here are WIPs, which in my language means I've lost interest and will probably never finish them.

Fanart

Pokémon
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Everything Else
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Original Art

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Oldies

This stuff is pretty outdated by a year or two, but I'm still kind of fond of it.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Videos

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey! I didn't know you drew. I don't know anything about art, but it seems like very cool ish. I especially like the Dragonite, the twin owls thingy and the girl with the red ribbons. I have no idea what you call owls with tails, but they're gangsta.

shot571

That is how dragonite was supposed to look O.o ......dayyum

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    This is some great stuff! The only critique I can give you is to watch your perspective and connections on some of your stuff.

Try to get more out of your comfort zone by drawing long-nosed animals from 3/4 upshots, downshots, even try it face-on (Seems like a lot of them are in profile since it's the easiest way to draw the silhouette.) Even if you're unsuccessful, it's good to practice it. I like to see that you understand muscles and underlying structure in a lot of your work (especially in the paws) :3

Try challenging yourself again by drawing a figure from head to toe.. and remember the basic principles you do so well with your more animalistic stuff DOES apply to humans, too. (Action line, rhythm, balance, weight, etc.)

Stellar

Years
    Hey! I didn't know you drew. I don't know anything about art, but it seems like very cool ish. I especially like the Dragonite, the twin owls thingy and the girl with the red ribbons. I have no idea what you call owls with tails, but they're gangsta.
    Thank you! Those were actually meant to be griffins. xD Lame, I know.

That is how dragonite was supposed to look O.o ......dayyum
    Thanks. xD My boyfriend's the one who suggested drawing Dragonite semi-realistically. It didn't come out exactly as I hoped but it could be worse I guess.

This is some great stuff! The only critique I can give you is to watch your perspective and connections on some of your stuff.

Try to get more out of your comfort zone by drawing long-nosed animals from 3/4 upshots, downshots, even try it face-on (Seems like a lot of them are in profile since it's the easiest way to draw the silhouette.) Even if you're unsuccessful, it's good to practice it. I like to see that you understand muscles and underlying structure in a lot of your work (especially in the paws) :3

Try challenging yourself again by drawing a figure from head to toe.. and remember the basic principles you do so well with your more animalistic stuff DOES apply to humans, too. (Action line, rhythm, balance, weight, etc.)
    Thank you so much! I guess it is kind of obvious that I'm not very daring with my poses. xD I'll remember to practice different angles. I don't think I'll be ready to share the results right away, but hopefully I can improve from it. I'm also not very good with people (which is obvious since there are virtually none here) but if I relate them to animals in the ways you mentioned then hopefully it won't seem so scary.

Last edited:
    Years
    My goodness, I love these~
    Especially the Jolteon and Flareon ones.
    But the thing I enjoyed the most would probably be the video. x3
    I love seeing how an artist does their work. :3 (YOU MAKE IT LOOK SO EASY AND FUN!)

Stellar

Years
    My goodness, I love these~
    Especially the Jolteon and Flareon ones.
    But the thing I enjoyed the most would probably be the video. x3
    I love seeing how an artist does their work. :3 (YOU MAKE IT LOOK SO EASY AND FUN!)
    IT IS FUN!
    Well, the coloring part at least... the entire time I'm sketching I'm just trying so hard not to make it look like crap. xD
    Jolteon and Flareon are actually two of my favorites. They ended up in my school's media show, and all the seniors were like "Dude is that a pokeyman?? DAYUM THAT'S A POKEYMAN!!"

Stellar

Years
    Updated thread~
    Added some crafts (two Sculpey figurines and a plushie) as well as re-organized everything. I didn't want to flood the first post with spoiler tags but I think it looks cleaner this way.

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Stellar

Years
    I love the flareon figurine!! Drawings are very good too, awesome :D
    Thank you! The Flareon figurine is actually really old but it's the most recent as far as sculptures go. I haven't laid hands on Sculpey in a good year or so, it makes me sad. ):

Update
    :

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

First piece is a Tegaki I worked on this morning while I was trying to stay awake. Because, you know, I'm nocturnal and all.
    Second is an old commercial art project I did last year but wasn't able to photograph until recently. We had to design a CD/video game case, and obviously I chose the latter. I wish I still had the .PSD files so you could actually read the text. ):
    Second is a little concept I was playing around with. The game I mentioned above is something I'd actually like to bring to life one day, so I was just wondering what some of the enemies would look like. This guy, The Horror, would probably occupy abandoned battlefields and the like. Not crazy about how the anatomy came out, but that's what I get for attempting to combine the emaciated and muscular looks.

Doctor Who

Saving the earth with a bowtie
    Years
    The rainbow dragon stands out most to me, because I love the way you used the rainbow's softer tones agains the gray to create such a great effect!

Stellar

Years
    The rainbow dragon stands out most to me, because I love the way you used the rainbow's softer tones agains the gray to create such a great effect!
    Thank you! I remember when I first attempted to color the lineart it just refused to stop looking like crap, so I just said "what the hell, rainbows make everyone happy."

UPDATE:
    Couple of new things:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

First off is a Dragonair I did for the Pokédex project that also served as much-needed background practice. As you can see, I'm horrible at them. xD

The last two images are custom Flele shells. Flele is a music player that takes the form of a character who sits on your taskbar and sings to you/checks your email/all kinds of useful things. All while eating up your RAM in the most adorable way possible. <3 The first one is an original character of mine, Maverick, and the second is the 5th generation Pokémon Erufuun. If you use Flele (or would like to) and you want to use Erufuun as your shell, PM me and I'll send it to you. You can see Maverick in action here and Erufuun in action here~

Last edited:
    Back