• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Innagadadavida's Fakemon Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    I would like to share some of my own Fakemon. I'm open for constructive criticism, and if anybody wants to use my sprites in their games, I'd be more than happy to help. Just let me know. Without further adieu...

1.) Spinchworm
    Pokedex Entry
    Spinchworm's method of atack is to spit acidic mucus. The mucus takes only seconds to develop.
    Stats
    Size: About the same size as a Caterpie
    Area: Kanto - Veridian Forest, Johto - None, Hohenn - Petalburg Woods
    Evolution: None
    Type: Bug, Poison
    Sprite Info
    Spinchworm was made from scratch, and borrows colors from Kakuna (not including the shiney).
    Aditional Info
    Spinchworm's name comes from two words "Spit" and "Inchworm". The Pokemon is based on the geometer moth (Wikipedia entry)

2.) Fluffum
    Pokedex Entry
    Fluffum has very little body mass and it's mostly made of hair.
    Stats
    Size: About the same size as a Togapi
    Area: Kanto - Verious Routes, Johto - Verious Routes, Hohenn - Safari Zone
    Evolution: Fluffum > (Lv. 20) Pointium
    Type: Normal
    Sprite Info
    Spinchworm was made from scratch, and borrows parts and colors from Sparrow and Tangela.
    Aditional Info
    Fluffum is small and cute, it's stats are low, like Jigglypuff and Clefary.

3.) Snowlae
    Pokedex Entry
    Snowlae can not fly, but it can glide with ease.
    Stats
    Size: About the same size as a Caterpie
    Area: Kanto - Seafoam Islands, Johto - none, Hohenn - none
    Evolution: Evolution: Snowlae > (Lv: 25) Frosten > XXXXXX
    Type:Ice
    Sprite Info
    Snowlae was made from scratch, but borrows the mouth from D&P Wigglytuff.
    Aditional Info
    I'm working on a better name. It's bad now, but before I was thinking about calling it Booger.

4.) Frosten
    Pokedex Entry
    Frosten has wings, but they are too small for it to fly with.
    Stats
    Size: About the same size as a Wailmer.
    Area: Kanto - Seafoam Islands, Johto - none, Hohenn - none
    Evolution: Snowlae > (Lv: 25) Frosten > XXXXXX
    Type: Ice, Flying
    Sprite Info
    Frosten was made from scratch, and borrows colors from Dewgong.
    Aditional Info
    I created Frosten when I was nine, before Gold and Silver ever came out. I designed the sprite after a picture I found while rummaging through my old Pokemon drawings.

5.) Brightfly
    Pokedex Entry
    Brightfly's tail only lights out when it faints. The light stays on even when it sleeps.
    Stats
    Size: About the same size as a Pincer
    Area: Kanto - none, Johto - Various Routes, Hohenn - Various Routes
    Evolution: None
    Type: Bug, Electric
    Sprite Info
    Brightfly borrows parts from Pincer, Beedrill, and Fortrace.
    Aditional Info
    The Pokemon is based on a Firefly.

Pokedex for a custom region, coming soon.

Also, check out some of my favorite Fakemon creator threads:
    Belzeebub
    Dragonfree
    Samson

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well your Troplet is nice, but maybe you should move the neck down a bit or something, it looks too high up at the moment.

Spinchworm and that blue one both lack black on the outline, so you'll need to fix that up.

Fluffurn is definitely cute. It reminds me of Kuriboh somehow XD

Frosten is very well done in terms of shading and outline. However, you have used too much black on the nose and teeth.

Brightfly is well drawn, but it has a completely black outline. Cept for the part around the tail, which you have nicely attempted to brighten up. Good job.

The girl trainer's hair is wrong somehow - one side it goes in front of the shoulder, on the other side it goes behind.

Belzeebub

Spriter
    Years
  • As said; Spinchworm need mayor work on it's outline. It is a little bit hard to make out the shape with that bright colour on a white background.

I totally adore fluffum! Nothing more to be said...

Brightfly is a great idea.

Now for the one inspirated by viroxy ;) *dumdumdum -tense music*
    It's sooo cute ^^. Honestly, I don't mind at all that you got your inspiration from me when it looks as cute as that. Like a little virus dino. ^^ Love it.

And thank you x100, for having me as one of your favourite pixelators. Didn't see that one coming :o !

ps. I'm a boy ;)

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    I've updated the main post. I've added cels, DS and Pixel art for Spinchworm, as well as pixel art for Fluffum.

This one turned out very well. I did it all by scratch in paint, I'm very pleased with the results.

This one turned out almost picture perfect. The shading is great, I think.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • Your Fluffum is really really good! Its like a hairy Tangela!! ^_^
    Overall, they are all very well done, but your fluffum amazing! ^_^
    Keep it up! ^_'

Belzeebub

Spriter
    Years
  • I LOVE the pixel art :)

just one thing; it's ok that you kinda borrow the design since you give credit, but please use other names than those I use. thankies.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    Your Fluffum is really really good! Its like a hairy Tangela!! ^_^
    Overall, they are all very well done, but your fluffum amazing! ^_^
    Keep it up! ^_'

Thanks, Captain Arcane. And also thanks A LOT for the "Spriters Pokedex" I use that A LOT!

Belzeebub said:
    I LOVE the pixel art

just one thing; it's ok that you kinda borrow the design since you give credit, but please use other names than those I use. thankies.
    Oh, sorry man. I was at a loss for a name, I get it now though. I've changed it.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • Thanks, Captain Arcane. And also thanks A LOT for the "Spriters Pokedex" I use that A LOT!

Oh, sorry man. I was at a loss for a name, I get it now though. I've changed it.

Wow, thanx dude, your only the second person to thank me for making that! And like I said in the thread, I made it for the community. Oh, and also, be sure to get the new updated one, I just updated it a few hours ago!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2024
    I've updated the first post. I've gotten rid of the no name, and added the prevolution to Frosten. I am working on a female gender deformation for Brightfly (which by the way, needs some serious work, any suggestions?).

I've also began working on some more pixel art, but those take SO much time, I spent at least four hours total working on that Fluffum.

I really like your Fakemon, you have a good talent, keep it up and I can't wait to see more ^^
    Thanks, I promise to make more.

Wow, thanx dude, your only the second person to thank me for making that! And like I said in the thread, I made it for the community. Oh, and also, be sure to get the new updated one, I just updated it a few hours ago!
    No, thank you. Great job!

Omega Latios

Whhheeee... *shot'd*
    Years
  • Good sprites, but not perfect, though.

Some of your fake's outline is a little choppy. And the R/S sprites... you just shrunk the pixelart. No-offense... but they look bad. They are just too small... You should make them bigger. You should also work with the shading of #3 and #4. I know they're in D/P style, but it seems they have only one shade of white... and Fluffum's pixel art... there is some places where the outline is more than 1 pixel wide. In Pokémon sprites, the outline is never more than 1 pixel wide (except if there is much A-Aing). And the purple bug thing... well, it's good, but its legs don't have any outline. And the center of the body doesn't have any shading. And bugs usually look shiny, so try making it more shiny looking.

~Omega

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back