• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inner Demon [T] [Most Original 1Q '12]

Mira

restless spirit
Years
  • The girl smiled and moved to sit down next to him. "Thanks," she said, thinking over his story. A party... that was even better than she had expected. With a fight to boot. That he was a part of! Police, house arrest... Yes, he definitely won the award for the most interesting person her age she had ever met. Heck, he might even prove to be some competition for her crazy awesome neighbor. Maybe. Okay, so that wasn't likely, but he was definitely right up there.

But something about what he had said was bothering her. Too much money to know what to do with... That meant that he wasn't a stranger to that sort of thing, right? So she wouldn't be some sort of three-headed alien with a very large bank account. Then again, he crashed that party with a bunch of people who weren't supposed to be there, which meant that he probably wasn't friends with those rich kids. He still got drunk with them, though, and that had to count for something. Even if he did end up in a fight. Even if that fight was probably with one of those rich kids...

Maybe I'll just keep the whole Coordinator dynasty on the down-low... Elizabeth thought. Great. More things I have to hide from him. In retrospect, it was probably a good thing she didn't get the chance to bust that rich kid's ego, as much fun as that would have been. It would have meant flaunting her own parents' money in his face, which might not have ended so well in the Atom department.

She turned back to face him, attempting to find some way to change the conversation. Thinking about her family made her even more irritable than usual. That was the second-to-last thing she ever wanted to show him.

"It kind of sucks having to leave and all," Elizabeth said with a sigh. "Can't imagine that partying'll be allowed at this school, and they're probably pretty good at making sure stuff like that doesn't happen anywhere on campus." In all honesty, she had never gone to a party that sounded anything remotely similar to what Atom was apparently a regular at, but he didn't need to know that.

The girl shifted a bit closer, meeting his eyes. It was probably close enough to weird him out a bit, but she wanted to see what his reaction would be. Now was the perfect chance to test the waters.

"And having to leave behind your friends must suck too, huh?"

And... a girlfriend, perhaps?

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • The second Cody finished his answer, his mind turned to apathy. He wasn't quite sure why. Perhaps he had spoke more words than he usually allotted himself to speak. Perhaps it was the nature of the room as the stranger in the room (whom Cody decided to label Shy Guy as he was the only one who did not speak) tried to add his displeasure with the atmosphere. Buzzkill. Perhaps it was the fact that Josh immediately leapt into the conversation that was clearly between Cody and Edward alone. Cody had already made it quite clear that he was not a fan of Josh, only accepting his apology because holding any sort of grudge would be too tedious to bear.

Cody took to allowing his eyes to wander, averting eye contact with everyone for as long as possible. He caught a few glimpses of Josh's "answer" to the nonexistent questions. The words were probably meant to be philosophical, sympathetic and inspirational. All of which Cody could get two craps about. This made Josh sound like his mother, teacher or the girl next door who wanted Cody to be "something." Boring, repetitive and frankly unoriginal. Josh's life story was a bit more interesting, if only because Cody didn't buy into it. Josh appeared to speak with a false sense of confidence, at least until the end. Josh scowled at the mention of his father, implying he has strong daddy issues. Anything more than that was hard to observe with Josh disguising it well, but not well enough for Cody to buy it. Rent it, maybe.

Edward was quick to chime in after Josh invited himself into their little "group": "Yea...the offer to stick together was only for Cody here. Thanks again for the necklace, and all, and don't take this the wrong way, as I mean no offense by it...but you really seem like you're too much of an a** to really be around. And if I have to go back to f*****g school again, there's no way I'm going to spend it around people like you. So...yea...good luck getting that fresh start here, but if you're looking for a friend, maybe you could try the dude to your right..." Edward paused motioning to Shy Guy "...because I really want no part to do with you."

Cody nodded and motioned over in Edward's direction, simply agreeing and nothing more. Why waste the breath? At this point in time Cody was more interested in Shy Guy. It was nice to know that Edward had shared the same opinion as Cody, but for the time being Cody was more occupied in observing the newcomer. Shy Guy openly revealed the appearance of his Pokemon, one that Cody did not immediately recognize. He guessed it was a water type. It looked like one, but he was drawing a blank on the name. As the nickname already implies, Cody had guessed the Shy Guy was…well shy. He did not socialize at all, only cuddling with his Pokemon. Perhaps, he preferred Pokemon over humans. If so, Cody would find him odd. After all, Pokemon can't talk or anything. They are nice companions, but past that what do they offer? Shy Guy needs to get more, Cody thought. If not, he will end up like---

"ATTENTION PASSENGERS. PLEASE TAKE YOUR SEATS AND PREPARE FOR DEPARTURE. WE WILL BE ARRIVING AT HOPE HIGH SCHOOL IN APPROXIMATELY THREE HOURS. WE HOPE THAT YOU ENJOY YOUR RIDE WITH US TODAY."

The announcement caught Cody off guard and he lost a bit of his balance as the train started to move. Gathering himself, Cody planted himself into his seat with confidence. "Phew. Almost lost it there." The announcement rang in his head again. 3 hours was quite a while. Maybe Cody could nap. That sounds nice. He did it on the other train ride. Made it a lot less painful. Cody began to lean on the wall and close his eyes.

"Hey, wanna see something cool? Leave with me in about twenty minutes when the train's been moving for a while."

Cody's embrace on dream land was broken by the familiar whisper. It was Edward. It was an invitation. What it was…Cody had no idea. And that is probably why he was so intrigued in the first place. To reply, Cody just gave Edward a nod and a quiet thumbs up, hoping he got the idea that Cody was certainly up for it. He'll just nap during orientation.

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
    Years
  • (OOC: Sorry for the late post! Last couple of days have been hectic.)

Eh, you know. Parents went bankrupt, boarding school. Can't be the first time you've heard that one,"
    Alexis replied, before taking a sip from her soda. "Lucky me, though, the school had plenty of scumbags I could mooch off of. Or if that doesn't work, I just take the dough by force. Height is benevolent for intimidation, you know." Alexis took another sip. "Your turn?"

Alexis watched as Kieran's eyes slightly widen at her words. To an extent, Alexis does believe that honesty is the best policy. A relationship built on lies will sooner crumble than she could benefit from it. This, Alexis learnt the hard way. He seemed to be lost in his own train of thoughts, though, until he shook his head a while later.

"I got sick of the high school I was at in Ecruteak, was filled with people trying to be what they weren't. I got sick of it because the teachers knew nothing and the students were boring....I wanted somewhere suited for me. Hope High seemed like the right place, but I am starting to think maybe not..."

Here, Kieran's voiced trailed off and he seemed to enter his train of thoughts again, so Alexis kept quiet expecting him to break the silence. Oh, the silence was broken, alright. But it wasn't by Kieran.

"Craaaaazy crowd outside, eh?" said the new guy. He was big, brawny, and didn't seem entirely literate. Typical definition of your average schoolyard bully. Alexis didn't have much care for those. If there was one use Alexis could squeeze out of them, it was for their muscles. Having this kind of guy around could easily intimidate others, not that Alexis needed more intimidative factors than she already had.

His arrival prompted Kieran to get up and grab his bags. Alexis stared, wide-eyed, as Kieran stormed out of the compartment, punching a rather deep dent near the exit door in the process.

Great. Now Alexis wanted to strangle the muscle-brain sitting beside her. And she probably would have, if he wasn't a good head taller and twice as wide as her. After a while, an announcement rang out that the train was ready to depart, and said train lurched forward at quite a speed. Alexis slumped on her seat and took another sip from her soda. If there was going to be a conversation between them, Alexis wasn't going to be the one to start it.

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Edward saw the thumbs up and nod, and now that Cody was on board, he was quite anxious. Edward tapped his foot impatiently as he waited for the minutes to pass to the time he had suggested before. Going any earlier might not be such a good idea. Twenty minutes was already quite early, but Edward doubted it would be much of a problem. All this really was was a glorified school bus heading to campus, and probably nothing more. Edward began picturing images in his mind of the many possible things he was about to get his hands on. He could feel his heart pump with excitement. He always would get like this before an assignment. Edward counted down the seconds in his mind. It wouldn't be long now...until finally...

Edward snapped up all of a sudden and stood up in a quick motion. "Ugh, where's a bathroom around here anyways?" He muttered to himself, but loud enough so everyone else in the room heard as well. As he began to leave the compartment, he winked with his right eye at Cody, so that only he would see, and left the compartment. Edward walked a few paced down, and waited for Cody. He tapped his foot impatiently, waiting for him to come out.

((OOC brief bunny permission recieved))

A minute or so later (but feeling much longer for Edward), Cody exited the compartment as well. Edward couldn't contain himself as he had a large grin on his face.

"Good. You're here." He said. Edward took a brief look around to make sure no one was around, then motioned him to follow away from the compartment where they sat before. Every other compartment they passed, Edward took a quick glance inside and observed the students who sat in there. He suddenly stopped about five or so compartments down from where they used to sit. Inside was a girl, probably 16 or 17 with long blonde hair, and a orange, very fine-looking skirt. Edward's eye was caught by a purse that sat next to the girl's lap, where inside, he saw a purse. There was also a boy, probably 17 or 18, who wore a brown vest over a white collared shirt and a pair of slacks. He had nice shoes and a very expensive looking watch. Rolex. He was noticeably large, and quite muscular. Perfect. Edward looked back at Cody.

"Here's good. Alright, don't talk for a moment, just listen and watch. I'm not going to lie to you, seeing as you'd probably see through any bullsh*t anyways. I have a very odd hobby. I have been known to, in the past, acquire certain items, usually quite valuable. The items in question are acquired with...questionable legality. I wanna show you what I do."

Edward stared at Cody for a moment, then drew out something from his back, a PokeBall. He released his Pokemon, a Sneasel, who appeared right beside Edward. "Say hello to Shadow." Edward said, as the Sneasel grunted in response. Edward leaned in and whispered to Shadow for about a minute or so, and afterwards, the Pokemon took off to the front part of the train car. As Edward saw the Pokemon run off, he turned back to Cody. "Keep watch for anybody that passes by."

Edward reached for his back pocket again, and pulled out an small bottle, which inside used to be alcohol, enough for one shot. Now, there was nothing. He proceeded to walk into the compartment where the girl and boy sat. He kept the bottle in view of them the whole time. Edward walked into the compartment, wobbling and acting as if he had trouble standing upright. The girl and boy looked at him with uncomfortable faces.

"Ugh..." He said, then looked at the two of them. "You wouldn' happen tuh know where da bafferoom is, wouldya?" He said, as he stumbled towards them. The girl moved further away towards the window, while the boy just sat there, a look of displeasure on his face. "Eh...hic...are yew two headin' off to da school? We could be buddies! Hic...whaddaya say?" As he spoke, he moved closer towards them, and the girl tried to move as far away from the advancing Edward as possible.

Meanwhile, Shadow the Sneasel darted towards the front of the train cart. He pushed open the door, leading outside where the next door lay to the next train cart. Shadow did not go there however, but instead leaned onto the rail, getting as close to the ground as he could. The Sneasel waited for a moment, as Edward asked him to, and took a swipe at the railway with his claws. The scratch caused the rail to bend at that point, and when the train cart passed under that part of the railway, the entire train seemed to jump for a moment, before proceeding back as normal.

At the moment the train jumped up, Edward made the ruse of losing his balance, and fell right on top of the girl. The girl began to scream. Quite loudly too. The boy began to try to pull Edward off of her while the girl tried to push off. Edward's hand, unbeknownst to the two of them, was wandering into the girl's purse, and a moment later, made out with the prize of the wallet. Edward placed the wallet in his front pocket, and allowed himself to be taken off of the girl by them. The girl stopped screaming, and the boy struggled with Edward for a moment, who continued putting on his ruse.

"I think it's time for you to get the hell out of here!" The boy said.

"Hey, there big man! I'm uh...hic...just trying to..uhhh...stop hurting me!" Edward said. Edward was facing the boy now. One of his hands was on his wrist, while the other was being held by the boy. Edward concentrated, and waited. Finally, the boy cracked, and punched Edward in the face. At this moment, Edward managed to slip off the watch from the boy, and fall down. Edward put his hand to his mouth, and check it out, to see blood on it. He got up slowly. The boy had his hands raised, as if preparing to hit him again. "Get out!" He yelled at Edward.

"Ugh...Ok! Ok! I was jes' lookin' for the baffroom..." Edward stumbled still as he headed for the door, and eventually, got out, closing the door behind him. He walked up to Cody normally, and held his prizes in front of him. In one hand, a wallet, and in the other, a Rolex watch. A few seconds later, Shadow came running to them. Shadow grinned as he saw the items in Edwards hand. "Good work, Shadow." Edward said, taking a look through the wallet. "Here." He said, giving the Pokemon 30 Pokedollars. He then returned the Pokemon back into it's ball, and looked at Cody, grinning as he wiped the rest of the blood away from his mouth.

"Well? What do you think? Wanna give it a go? Don't worry, you won't get hit. I did it the quickest and easiest way to give you an example. If both of us work together, we can do so much different, and probably a lot better." Edward showed the two items he acquired one more time in front of Cody's face.

"Welcome to my world."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Atom Watcher - Watercolour

"Yeah, I guess so," Atom returned to his strumming. "If that happens, I'll have to host my own parties." Who cared if they got in trouble? This school was punishment enough. What more could they do to him?

As Liz moved closed, Atom felt himself smiling. What kind of girl was Liz anyway? He hadn't really got any perspective about her (not that he really wanted it). She obviously wasn't one of those studious girls or she wouldn't be smiling at him like she was. Was she rich? Was she poor? Atom really didn't care all that much, the less he knew about someone the better, but he was only a little curious.

"Friends? I guess so too," he only had one guy who he would have considered his 'best' friend, and that was Cole St. Cloud. Cole was the guy who he had been introduced to on his first day of school, the guy who had taken him to his first party, the guy who he started their first band together, the guy who Atom had pretty shaped his life after. Cole was a year older than Atom though, so he wasn't going to spend the school year with him anyway.

"What about you? What did you leave behind?"

Atom lurched forward as he felt the train almost jump over something, bumping heads with Liz. He put both hands to his head, rubbing his forehead hard.

"Aaah, sorry," he squeezed his eyes shut. Crap, that hurt.​

(OOC: referencing to SV's post d:)

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
    Years
  • "but you really seem like you're too much of an a**..." Josh stopped listening and stuck up his middle finger at Edward.

"Alright inferior I get it, It's unfortunate for a second I thought you had what it takes, but in the end your just like rich boy and the girl, you've failed, Cody you barely passed so I'm impressed but I think we can both agree, things are not gonna work out here." Josh taunted. Edward kept talking but Josh made an obvious attempt to not listen. How dissapointing, Josh had really had high hopes for that one, but his attitude, he only cared about himself. Fair enough though, Josh had insulted him aswell, but after he had apologised and given him a gift of all things, granted it was a fake gift, a lightbulb tied onto some string worth next to nothing, but he hadn't known that, so in proper society that should have made up for it unless this dude held silent grudges. Meh, Josh didn't care any more, now Edward was one of the rabble again, those who failed his test or those who simply haven't taken it yet. But who was in the wrong here? Josh knew the answer wasn't fully Edward, but whats right and wrong? A matter of perspective thats what. So Josh decided to drop the subject from his mind.

As Edward and Cody left, Josh hopped over onto the other side to allow himself more room. Josh sat with a cocky grin on his face. Feeling almost triumphant... almost. He felt a slight sting in his chest, like a pain, but not physical. He felt sad, guilty even, *I can't remember.... the last time I felt like this... Was it.. that night?" As Josh uttered the question in his mind, images began flashing through his sub-concience. A dead body, A crying mother, Josh hears a car outside, he begins to feel tired, a metallic device clicks and theres a loud bang then.... nothing. Joshs mind had blocked memories of that night from his mind, he had asked the psychologists and doctors, police and witnesses all had only said that some things were best forgotten, even his mother wouldn't tell him what had happened that night, she'd only tell him to go away and she'd get upset, the night after he shot his father. But he was sure he had felt this pain before, this sting in his heart, it made him feel weak, broken, Josh hated it. That night, this feeling, all he knew was that it wasn't because of his father, he had meant what he did to him and wouldn't let himself regret it, especially after he broke down crying and felt the rage of hatred he had felt immediately after killing him. Strangely enough thats also the moment his memories stop and the next memory he sees is the view from his bed the following morning, and him coming downstairs to find his silent Mother holding his court summons.

After that Josh was sent to the mental asylum, it was there he started to stop feeling emotions like this, focusing tottaly on his higher level of intelegence, he had always been exceedingly smart, though not as motivated as most others his age. Josh stood up from his seat, he was thinking about this too much, what he was feeling was obviously some sort of fluke. He just needed to clear his head.

He turned to the other boy, who had been sitting silently this entire time. "I'm sorry I need to get some air." Was all he bothered to say before leaving. As he stepped outside he heard a girl screaming and turned just in time to see Edward forcefully pushed out of a room. He looked drunk?.... Not possible he had been with Josh mere moments ago, this was an act, for whatever reason. "Pathetic..." Josh muttered.

He went to the trains outdoor balcony, there was a small Elekid pouting outside the door, it looked like a brat but Josh resisted the urge to kick it. He stepped out onto the balcony and felt the wind rushing through his long auburn hair. He unlike most others had barely the trains departure and its accompanying announcement, he was too wrapped up in his own thoughts to notice it. He walked forward and leant on the railing as the snowy fields and icy lakes of Northern Sinnoh sped underneath him. Josh smiled at that, it was a genuine smile, something he hadn't been having many of lately, it was a smile that showed happiness. Something Josh hadn't been "feeling" much of lately. He suddenly sensed the prescence of another, he turned to see rich boy sitting, his legs crossed beside the door leading back to the train.

"Ugh.... of all people to be out here it had to be y..." Josh stopped, he saw a faint glisten on rich boys cheek. He was crying. Josh began to feel that feeling again.

"I ehm.... apologise, I didn't see you there... pay me no heed." Josh turne back to the scenery rushing past him. Silently kicking himself mentally for not walking over and punching the pompous d*** on the nose for earlier.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • Ah... No girlfriend then.

Elizabeth leaned back, relaxing slightly. At least she knew that there would be no crazy chick coming up to try and beat her up for trying to steal her boyfriend. She knew that she could hold her own if some psycho attacked her, of course, but she would rather not run the risk of breaking a nail. He wasn't worth it.

The idea of him hosting a party was rather interesting. He obviously didn't care if he got kicked out or not, but Elizabeth wanted to be a little bit more careful. Getting sent back home wasn't exactly on the top of her list of things she wanted to do once she finally got away from home. Still, she wouldn't turn down the opportunity to branch out a bit. She couldn't help but wonder how he would manage to get ahold of the things with which to party, but she figured that he would be skilled enough to figure that out himself. Elizabeth could already imagine the look on her parents' face when she told them what it was she did at school that year. It would be glorious.

She paused and thought for a moment about how to respond. It probably wouldn't be good for him to think of her as a friendless freak, even if she didn't really see eye to eye with, well, anyone in her age group and beyond. Then again, making up friends was rather pathetic. In all honesty, she doubted that he would really care at all.

"Well..." Emily started, formulating her answer. "I-"

Whack!

She winced as her head snapped back, having been struck by Atom's. The boy apparently apologized, but she didn't really hear what he said. Elizabeth's hand went to her forehead, checking for a moment if there was any blood.

No... Just a lot of pain, she thought dryly, forehead throbbing.

Elizabeth was surprised to find that she was laughing. The whole situation was just ridiculous when she thought about it. Here she was, sitting alone with a guy she was incredibly interested in, sitting close, having a conversation, and then they just go and bump heads. She was almost tempted to smirk and say that he had missed, but that was something out of a piece of crap chick flick.

"I-it's fine," she managed to say, regaining composure. "But now your head's gonna swell up like-"

The girl paused, just realizing that her head would be marked as well. Well that's just perfect...

She waved her hand dismissively, hand habitually going to her pendant and playing with it. There was really no reason for her not to be honest. After all, she didn't even know what he really liked in people, let alone girls.

"Anyway... Like I was saying before, I'm glad that I got to leave. I didn't exactly get along with the people in my school. Not at all, really. It was full of a bunch of snobs." Elizabeth shrugged, continuing on in a slightly quieter voice. "I will miss my neighbor, though. He was my master, really. He's been teaching me martial arts for the past few years."

Sighing, she looked back out of the window. If he hadn't have encouraged her to go, she very well may have remained home just to keep training with him. She really would miss him.

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • OOC: Below is a Joint post between myself and Supervegeta, as we felt like being awesome.

"Well? What do you think? Wanna give it a go? Don't worry, you won't get hit. I did it the quickest and easiest way to give you an example. If both of us work together, we can do so much different, and probably a lot better." Edward brandishing the fruits of his labor before Cody.

"Welcome to my world."

Obscure movie references flooding Cody's idle mind aside, he was quite…intrigued to say the least. Edward proved to be what Cody had labeled to be: a thief. Though to be fair, Cody saw him as a potential thief leaving the possibility that Edward just admired good taste. Cody had dabbled into crime before, pickpocketing someone on his odyssey to the train station. So, Edward's hobby was not untraversed ground though still unfamiliar. Cody had to debate whether or not it was worth all the trouble. The more he pondered it, the more it seemed worth at least trying. Cody had lived his life on an old proverb: "Don't knock it till you try it." Though he had added a slight modification: "Don't knock it till you try it, permitting it was worth trying in the first place."

Edward's process was interesting and in fact, similar to how Cody would approach the whole ordeal. He had observed several compartments before choosing one with desirable loot. Put on a big show. Walk out with some scars but also the prize. It seemed…fun. Or at least worth trying. But why did Edward want his help? Cody shrugged at his own question. Too much work to think of a plausible theory. His brain was already on the verge of being fried.

"Your hobby is quite different than I had expected" Cody said with a slight smile if only to put Edward at ease a bit. Rubbing his head lightly, he tried to find the words to answer Edward's questions. It was quite difficult to phrase anything in a concise, yet intelligent manner. Josh's stupidity must of have rubbed off on him. With a sigh, Cody simply answered: "I'm in."

Edward clapped his hands together at Cody's response, and began to rub them, barely able to hide his exuberance. "Excellent." He said. Edward was about to go look around for another compartment, but he shot a glance back at Cody, and decided to let him give it a try, seeing as he would be bringing him along anyways. He decided to see how good his most valuable thieving skill really was.

"In terms of pickpocketing alone, I generally have three..." He searched for the correct word. "...guidelines I follow: Observe, Approach, and Contact. They may seem simple, but in the hands of an expert, it could mean the different between full hands and red hands, if you catch my drift. Let's see how you do. Why don't you pick out a compartment you think's got something worthwhile?"

Cody looked around the train cart, trying to find another victim for Edward. A natural observer, having honed the skill from years of people watching, Cody was usually quick to pick up on things, especially tiny details most people ignore. Unfortunately, Edward had taken the best compartment on the cart and nothing came to mind when it came to his observations. Every other cart was bare in comparison to what Edward seemed to desire. Unable to think of anything and observe anything, Cody shrugged and looked around again, hoping for a hint.

"Well I got nothing, but there seems to be a free Pokemon over there," Cody said motioning over to the door leading outside on the far side of the cart.

Indeed, to their fare side sat an Elekid in plain sight. It most likely belonged to a trainer, unless it was a stowaway or something. Either way, the trainer wasn't around, which made it ripe for the taking. A smile came onto Edward's face.

"Correction. You mean there's ourfree Pokemon over there. No trainer means no ownership. Let's get a closer look." The dynamic duo walked over to the Pokemon, trying to not look suspicious to any potential onlookers. Following Edward's newly established rules for engagement, Cody tried his first approach. Slow was his pace, careful was intent, subtle was the entire process. Cody forced Edward to stop when they were about a meter away from the Pokemon as to not startle their victim. It looked depressed or lonely as it waited by the door, unable to open it. Cody chuckled a bit, admiring its noble effort.

"Looks like an Elekid. Didn't that one guy have one?" Cody directed to Edward.

Edward exchanged looks with Cody for a moment as Edward recalled who Cody was referring about. Indeed, Mr. Rich Guy did have an Elekid. Edward wondered if this was his. He shrugged, and moved a little closer to the Pokemon.

"Alright, how should we do this?" Edward said out loud, more asking himself than Cody, seeing as he technically was the 'expert' in this situation. Edward reached for his back pocket to see what he had inside it. The first item he grabbed was the empty bottle of alcohol he had used before in his ruse. No, that wouldn't work. He wanted to steal the Elekid, not harm it. He then looked at the wallet and watch. No way. He wasn't going to use his well-earned prizes, even if it meant getting another prize. Which left...

"Cody. Here." He said, handing Cody a Ragecandybar. "Try to get it to come here with this, and then I'll grab it."

This was not a good idea. They should have laid out a better plan, maybe had a few supplies with them to carry it out. But Edward was feeling lucky, and a tad stupid, so why the hell not?

Cody snatched the bar with little enthusiasm. "If I get shocked and die, I will consider haunting your greedy ass depending on how much effort it takes," Cody sneered. He didn't enjoy Edward's plan as it put too much risk to both parties. Clearly, Edward wasn't thinking straight. A candy bar? Really? How unoriginal. With a sigh, Cody walked up to the Elekid slowly, hoping to lure it with the Ragecandybar. "Come on. Over here. It's free candy. Everyone likes free candy." All I need now is a cheap white van to complete this image, Cody thought to himself.

Edward saw the Pokemon looked up. In his mind, he thought about how this may have single-handedly been the stupidest thing he had ever done. Why was he doing it? He really didn't know. It was a bit exciting, sure, and why not do some stupid, reckless, exciting things when you're young? It was more to turn Cody on to his trade than actual success, actually.

Edward ran at the Pokemon from the side, who was looking at Cody at the moment. He lifted it off of its feet, and began to run. The Pokemon shouted and a few seconds later, shocked Edward. Edward yelped in pain, and let the Pokemon drop from his arms.

"F**K! Cody, grab it!"

"Really?! Damn it, Edward!" Cody leapt into action, surprisingly committed to stealing a Pokemon. It was probably the first time Cody had actually jumped into any sort of ordeal. Running in an awkward fashion to catch up to the fleeing Pokemon and practically paralyzed Edward, Cody stretched his arms ever so slightly and snatched the Elekid from the ground, grabbing it by the hind leg. In hindsight, that itself was a bad idea. Watching Edward transform into burnt toast should of been a lesson itself, but still Cody listened to Edward as he barked orders at him. Lifting the Elekid, the Pokemon retaliated with a torrent of electricity and Cody had expected to be at that point lying on the ground in a fetal position questioning his life's decisions. Instead, nothing. No bolt of energy. No electrotherapy to tend to the slight pain in his neck and upper back. Just a strange tingling his hands, as they were gradually becoming paralyzed.

"Strange. The Pokemon ain't shocking me. Stings a bit I guess. Is it broken?"

Edward looked puzzled as the Pokemon appeared to do no harm to Cody, even if it was clearly trying to shock him. Was the Pokemon out of energy, or was this a gift from lady luck? His puzzled look broke a few moments later as he shouted back at Cody.

"Don't just stand there. Run for it!"

"Um, run where? There is no rush to get out of here," Cody snickered, being too lazy to actually run away from a lack of an owner. Wasn't like there was a reason to hide. The Elekid continued to shock him, producing little more than a numbing sensation in his hands. Cody was perplexed by this fact, but he had a far out guess as to why. Cody just shrugged and tried to calm the tiring Pokemon down. "Hey, you! Stop it. Clearly your electric shocks ain't doing much," Cody yelled at the Pokemon, poking it hoping the minor violence would produce a reaction similar to that of negative reinforcement.

Edward looked back at Cody, still bewildered at the reason why it was not shocking him. Before he could say anything else, though, he heard the sound of the far door moving, about to be opened. Edward saw that Cody was too busy being preoccupied with the Elekid, so he probably didn't hear it. His mind raced, and ultimately came to the conclusion that this was pointless, and just not worth it.

Edward took a step back slowly, and then sprinted away, and entered into one of the other compartments. Inside was the angry girl from before who had black hair with red stripes, as well as a dark-haired, dark-eyed emo-looking kid with a guitar and a few tattoos. Edward looked at the pair that were sitting next to each other, and spoke a moment later.

"Shh...I'm not here." Edward said, putting a finger in front of his mouth as he ducked under seat opposite them, and hid until he was sure the coast was clear. He wondered how Cody would fair, especially if it was Mr. Rich Guy's Elekid.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
    Years
  • (OOC: I need to stop writing so late at night... er- morning)

<Give it a rest...> Soul groaned, leaning back and closing his eyes. They just wouldn't shut up. They had to be b*tching about something, calling each other names, and just being cocky b*stards in general. Imagine Soul's excitement when the mop-headed kid and the sideburns guy decided to leave, leaving the third to just sit there.

<Thank you, Arceus.> Soul internally grinned. As long as he didn't say a word, this train ride would be amazing. Of course, It would be a miraculous if this new kid would leave as well.

"I'm sorry I need to get some air." The other boy said, as if he was reading Soul's mind, immediately and quickly leaving his seat and leaving Soul to be. As the door shut slowly shut, the world around Soul became that much better.

"Once again, thank you, Arceus." He muttered to no one in particular, leaning back further in his seat. Finally, he didn't have to listen to those idiots and fools chat pointlessly on about their meaningless lives. He had the whole compartment to himself. Perhaps he should lock the door. On the other hand, he could just sit there close his eyes, and enjoy the silence.

But apparently the universe would have none of that.

Without warning from the conductor or the raspy voiced announcer, the train jolted forwards, sending Takeo rolling off of the seat and slamming into the floor, Soul wincing at the resounding "thud". A rude awakening if he ever saw one.

"Dammit." Soul groaned, looking to see if Takeo was alright. The Pokemon looked shaken and groggy but OK. "It's always something, isn't it?"

"Bui." The water weasel replied, clambering back onto the seat next to Soul. "Zel. Buiz?

"The train jumped. Don't blame me." He shrugged, grinning at the water-weasel.

"Buizel?" Takeo yawned, tiredly looking around the compartment.

"Yeah. They were weird. Glad they're gone, though."

"Bui Buizel?"

"You damn well know why. I'm sure you've talked to Hades about it." Soul growled, looking out the window at the now passing scenery. "They'll act just like all the others."

As sudden as the train lurching forwards, a loud scream, one of pain, filled the hallway, frightening both Soul and his Pokemon out of their seats and look at the door.

"F**K! Cody, grab it!" Another loud crash filled the train as somebody scrambled down the hallway, making more noise than a Tauros in a PokeMart. Soul recognized the voice as one of the kids that was in the room earlier, the sideburns kid.

"Wow... Ok..." Wincing at the thought of what those two were doing, both Soul and his Pokemon just looked at each other before sitting back down. Well, if sideburns and mop-head wanted that kind of relationship, why should he care?

Last edited:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • Kieran Davis

Kieran immediately ignored any words that came out of the person's mouth as they walked through the door and stood at the railing. He just wanted to be left alone, how hard was that? It wasn't until he looked up and saw the guy who had stepped through; it was the long haired freak from earlier. Rage began to fill Kieran's body, how come this kid didn't seem to get the message that Kieran did not want to be around him. Kieran pushed himself up off the ground and in two steps made it to where the kid stood. Towering over him, Kieran gripped the kid's collar with his right hand, shifting his arm up against the kid's throat while his left grabbed onto the kid's shirt, hoisting him up off the ground and holding from his torso upwards over the side of the railing.

"I thought you would have got the message to leave me alone after the punch, but it looks like I was sadly mistaken," he was now yelling above the howling wind at the kid as he held he over the precipice.

Suddenly the train lurched, Kieran lost his grip on the kid and he went tumbling down onto the tracks; the aftermath quite sickening. But as the train lurched, Kieran increased his grip, oh how he wanted to throw the kid over the side, it would be so easy. "No one would miss him…" he thought to himself before dismissing that idea as manslaughter.

"I will give you one last warning, if you ever come near me or annoy me again, I will not hesitate to make your final days at this school as painful as I can." Kieran pulled the kid back over the railing, dumping him violently on the ground as his head hit the side of the cart.

When blue light lit up the train and Kieran heard a cry, he knew immediately that his Pokemon was in trouble; inwardly kicking himself for leaving the Pokemon unattended. Leaving the freak to his own devices, Kieran stepped through the door to find one of the kids from earlier, the apathetic one named Cody with Kieran's Elekid in the palm of his hands.

"What the hell is this?" Kieran had completely lost it, today seemed like the world just wanted to gang up on Kieran, and it had. Kieran snatched Alec back off of Cody and place him on the ground safely before grabbing the collar of Cody's shirt and lifting him up, pinning him against the wall between two rooms; Cody's feet dangling just off the ground.

Arm against Cody's throat, Kieran began insulting him, yelling and cursing at the kid, letting all his rage out against the one kid as he screamed him his face. With his free hand he grabbed Cody's face, and pushed his head backwards into the wall. Fed up with everyone, Kieran let Cody drop to the floor with a 'thump', before retrieving Alec and making off down into a new carriage. Here it was pretty much empty, tables dotted around the carriage and a single bench stood at the end.

"Chai Latte, please." Kieran asked the assistant behind the bench, "and a poffin for my Pokemon too, thank you." Kieran paid the man, giving the poffin to Alec who ran to a seat and began to munch on it happily. Kieran followed him and within a couple of minutes, slowly sipped his Latte, calming his uptight and stressed body.

"This is going to be a long ride, Alec."

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Rich guy walked out as soon as Terrance had set his bags in the compartment. He didn't answer his question either, and walked out with an expression which probably showed how disgusted he was with the new guy's entry. Terrance made a similar expression himself. Throughout his childhood years, he had actually been treated the same way by those neighborhood boys. This was pretty much the same.

"Arrogant guy, huh..." he thought, as the rich guy proceeded to slam his closed fist on the wall, leaving a deep dent in the metal.

"...And a show off too, great. Definitely going into my ignore list." Terrance frowned. Obviously he was unhappy with this guy's reaction. So what if he wore rather cheaper clothes than most people and wasn't as rich as them? He didn't deserve to be treated this way. But honestly, he didn't give a damn. He had just entered the train and he didn't want to spoil the start of his new school life because of some kind of arrogant prick. As Terrance settled back into his seat, he heard the announcement informing the teenagers that the train was finally about to move.

"ATTENTION PASSENGERS. PLEASE TAKE YOUR SEATS AND PREPARE FOR DEPARTURE. WE WILL BE ARRIVING AT HOPE HIGH SCHOOL IN APPROXIMATELY THREE HOURS. WE HOPE THAT YOU ENJOY YOUR RIDE WITH US TODAY."

"3 hours, huh... damn, this is gonna be one looooong train ride." Terrance sighed. He leaned back, and took a sip of some water that had been lying in the compartment. He closed his eyes for a second as the train lurched forward, moving fast. The girl opposite Terrance was quiet too, probably not too keep to engage in conversation with him.

Suddenly he heard a kind of crash from outside, and a voice yelling, "F***! Cody, grab it!" Terrance immediately snapped back into the real world, as he swiftly got up from his seat and looked outside, to see a pair of boys grabbing an Elekid. The Elekid was similar to the one rich boy had owned, and it seemed like that was the one they had just stolen. Terrance smirked, as he saw the rich guy notice the person who had grabbed the Elekid, and violently smack him against the wall. As of now, he didn't want to be a part of the whole mess. But a small part of him wanted to get back at the arrogant bast*rd for the way he had treated him, but for now he controlled himself. Sooner or later, he would end up locking horns with him anyways, better not be right now.

It all looked like a slideshow he had seen several times in his school. It seemed really beautiful to him, the snow had softly settled on the environment, giving a very peaceful look. Terrance suddenly realized that there had been some awkward silence between the two passengers in this compartment, and he couldn't stand it anymore. He decided to finally break the long pause as he finally started to speak to the girl sitting opposite to him.

"So, uh... hi. The name's Terrance. Nice to meet ya, I guess..."

Last edited:

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
    Years
  • Josh was caught off guard when rich boy grabbed him.

"I thought you would have got the message to leave me alone after the punch, but it looks like I was sadly mistaken," he was now yelling.

*Completely uncalled for...* Josh thought his expression blank and empty as Kieran raised him off the ground. *Unethical, unjustified, he has no right..." Josh jaw clenched and he felt a strength brew inside him he grabbed the arrogant fools wrists and began crushing them in his hands, he felt the grip weaken and he was about to touch the ground when the rain lurched suddenly and Josh felt his balance dissapear and he was flung violently off the back of the train. *He has no right.* Josh felt his body hit the trains railing, pain shot up his back, he ignored it, rich boy was still holding on, but his grip was hesitant, he was actually considering letting Josh go. *He. Has. No. Right.* Suddenly Josh was hauled onto the train, the scum who saved him still had his arms on his shirt collar.

"I will give you one last warning, if you ever come near me or annoy me again, I will not hesitate to make your final days at this school as painful as I can." The boy threatened. *How amusing... he actually thinks he can somehow frighten me.* Josh thought, He swatted off the rich boys grab and spat on the ground at his feet, a sign of total disrespect used by Josh to tell people what he thought of them, he thought the boy who stood before him was scum, dirt he'd scrape from his shoes.

There was a sudden cry, the elekid from before, obviously he was rich boys pokemon and due to his obvious lack of caring for his partner the poor pokemon was in trouble.

Rich boy was quickly off into the train. Josh followed, how dare he try to leave... after all that he thought he could just... leave?! Josh smashed the door open and a few people turned to look however most were gathering around a boy, most likely the one who stole Rich Boys pokemon, a common grade thief and not worth Joshs time, Josh barely saw Rich boy walk into what appeared to be a dining car. Josh smashed the door open and walked inside, his head was hung low, his hair covering his eyes. He found rich boy and stood above him his battered clothes and bedrangled hair from the little "accident" at the railing making him look like an escaped lunatic.

"You have no right to cry, you know that, I wonder why you would though, did Wammy and Dada not care for their little boy? Did all the riches go to your head and were you left alone and afraid? Maybe you were beaten or cut as a child? I'll be honest you pompous pr*ck I don't care. You know I killed a man once, right in my very own kitchen in cold blood and I smiled, I smiled and felt hatred as he slowly bled on the floor in front of me. I swore that day, that I'd never feel that way about another human being again... But you... you're just like him, just like the man I killed, violent, arrogant, self-pitiful... you're lucky I haven't already killed you.... the funniest part of this is you actually think you're in a position of strength compared to me. I tried to be nice but now you've forced your hand. I hate you now, I hate you with every ounce of my soul... every night when you sleep I'll be your nightmare, when you wake I'll be the thing you fear when you're walking alone... Every single little chance I get, I'll make your pathetic, unnecesary life hell... you have no right to cry scum, at least not until I'm done with you." Josh felt it then, that same hatred, the one he felt that night, he felt his smile form on his twisted face, he saw his fathers lifeless body laying before him, his mothers tears hitting the floor and mixing with his blood. As it dripped from the stainless steel knife in his fingers. Josh saw himself falling to his knees, he saw himself running towards the door when the car pulled up that same night, he felt so tired, then he heard it again that awful metalic click... he couldn't remember the details but he had definetely left the house that night.

Josh snapped back to reality as a worried looking assistant dlivered what the boy had ordered. A chai latte and poffin.

"Excuse me sir..." She said, intimidated by Josh very prescence, his hatred had given him a foreboding aura, making him seem almost evil.

"W...would you like something to drink?" She asked.

Josh smiled warmly at her, though there was still a horrible feeling surrounding him. "No thank you mam, I was actually just leaving." Josh glared down at the boy. "Whatever you made of this little encounter, makes no difference to me, but believe, threaten me again and the very last thing you'll have to worry about are your pathetic tears.

With that Josh turned and left, he had said his piece, that was all that mattered to him.

As Josh left the room he saw Cody, he was the one everyone had gathered around, the one the rich boy had attacked. Josh knew that Cody wouldn't steal a pokemon. He barely knew him but he seemed to noble or at least to god damn lazy to attempt to steal something without first being pressured into it and Josh had a pretty good guess of whos idea it had actually been. Josh pushed past other students, without a second thought, though he didn't know why, it just felt like he had to, as if he owed it to Cody to help him, though Josh couldn't figure out why.

He heard murmurs in the crowd.

"So that guy was trying to steal someone elses pokemon?"

"Thats terrible why would he do that?"

"No better than team Rocket scum!"

Josh stepped and stood in front of Cody, then turned to face the crowd.

"Leave. Now." He said plainly.

When they didn't Joshs eyes turned angry and his eyebrows slanted.

"I said NOW!" Josh screamed.

The crowd was mostly freshmen, who were quite easily frightened and dispersed. Josh turned to Cody and looked down at him. He sighed loudly.

"I swear to God I have seen alot of horrible people on this train, yet I never expected to see someone who would ever consider poaching pokemon, let alone did I ever imagine myself coming to ones aid..." Josh held out his hand.

"Stand up Cody, you're going to tell me exactly what transpired, how it happened and how you ended up stealing a pokemon... oh and most importantly, if you know where your *ahem* accomplace is, then I want you to tell me right now." Josh words stung like acid.

"I want to have a word with him."

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Atom Watcher - Anxiety

Atom rubbed his head again as Liz mentioned the bump would make a mark. Not that it bothered him, Atom had had his fair share of bruises and cuts on his face, faint scars nostalgic reminders of different parties with different people, different friends, different girls and different endings. Though he probably couldn't recollect them all, he could remember the worse ones. They were more memorable than the better ones. 

"Nope, see?" Atom flicked his hair over a little so it covered where his head hurt. He could hide all kinds of things with his long fringe; black and bloodshot eyes, cut eyebrows, he even used it to hide his piercings from his mother when he had first got them. "It's like nothing ever happened."

Liz continued where she left off before the train had a seizure, talking about thanking the gods for leaving home. A bunch of snobs? What kind of community did she come from? Atom wondered again. Snobs kinda said rich people, though an arrogant person of any kind could count as a snob. If she was glad to leave, she probably didn't have a lifestyle like Atom. She would have to show her what he did in his free time (or his school time. Whichever he felt like)

"I will miss my neighbor, though. He was my master, really. He's been teaching me martial arts for the past few years," she ended with a sigh, looking out the window. She missed him? What kind of missing? Wow, it kinda sounded a little awkward when he thought about it like that but Atom was sure she meant the self defence kind of martial arts and nothing else. 

"Whoa, martial arts, cool," Atom had only ever practised UFC style fighting but he meant that lightly; UFC as in no rules fighting. He was strong but he has no strategy but land punches. He pondered quickly what would happen in a fight between the two, but Atom had that kind of 'don't hit girls' attitude, only because boys had a greater tenancy to be douche bags and didn't really like to fight or know how. "Better not get on your bad side," he added as a joke. 

Their privacy was invaded by a guy who was their age with a shady look on their face. He wasn't there? Geez, and now Atom couldn't really try anything with Liz now there was someone else here. Well this sucked. 

"Dude, get out. These seats are taken," he threw his guitar case over to the other side, taking up the two seats the guy was hiding under. Hiding... Who was he hiding from then?​

Saturated Hue

acrobatic effing pirouette.
    Years
  • An awkward silence passed between Alexis and Mr. Musclebrain, as the train began to move. She listened to the mechanical sound of wheels rolling against the tracks and the hums of the engine. She looked at the snow falling outside, making a big, bumpy vanilla-frosted cake out of the terrain. Alexis couldn't get a good look at the scenery, so she lifted her palm, pressed it against the window and began making multiple waving gestures. She was using her power to get rid of the snow bunched up against the window, and the watery trail it left long after it fell down.

Alexis wasn't expecting much to change, of course, and her expectations were definitely not set too low. Beyond the white hills and plains, which were visible even with the snow blocking her vision, were yet more white hills and plains. Alexis, somewhat annoyed, let out an exasperated sigh. Her newfound affiliation with the weather left her more inclined to look at the snow falling rather than talking to the bloke sitting beside her, however, so she still made no effort to converse with him. She lifted her soda can from the compartment table and sipped her soda again--or, rather, she would have, provided there was an actual soda to sip. Alexis sighed again, and threw her soda can in the direction of the dent in the wall Kieran's fist had left. It hit the hole right at the middle, before bouncing back and hitting the floor. Bull's eye, Alexis praised herself.

Right after the pang the can created as it hit the metallic floor, as if on cue, a yell from another compartment cut the air and hit Alexis's ears directly: "F***! Cody, grab it!"

Mr. Musclebrain immediately stood up and went outside of their seat to get a better look at the commotion, and Alexis followed suit; however, instead of just standing there and staring like a mindless drone, she pushed Mr. Musclebrain aside and headed towards the other compartment in quick steps--in fact, she was practically running. As interesting as watching snow fall down was, it did bore Alexis to heights words cannot describe. If she was suddenly granted a magic lamp, her first wish would have been for something to happen. Anything, really.

When Alexis arrived the setting of the commotion, she found Kieran holding the ordinary guy from before by the neck, lifting him so that his feet didn't touch the ground. Kieran was cussing in the guy's face, and Alexis, along with most of the compartment's (and the adjacent compartments') contents stared in awe. When Kieran already spat out all of the swear words in Alexis's vocabulary at least twice, he let go of his grip and the boy fell down with a thud. Alexis casted a the-hell-was-up-with-that glare at Kieran, but she doubted he caught it, because he left the compartment in a hurry.

Alexis was still trying to make sense of what had just transpired when someone Alexis didn't quite recognize commanded the other students to leave. "Who the **** do you think you are?" Alexis said, though the crowd was still so loud that she doubted the boy could hear her.

He told them to leave again, and this time he was yelling. "I said NOW!" Alexis was annoyed, but she decided that she wouldn't meddle further as she had no business there anyways. She considered following Kieran to ask a few questions, but decided that she would probably fall off his whitelist if she bothered him in that kind of mood. She decided to go back to her compartment.

Mr. Musclebrain was already sitting down. He was sitting on the edge of the seat, so Alexis took the seat opposite of him. Almost immediately after she sat down, a lady carrying a trolley with various drinks and snacks on it passed by. "Some snacks for the travel?" she offered.

"I'll take a tuna sandwich, and a Coke. The sugar-free one," Alexis said to the lady. She pulled out her wallet from her back pocket and pulled out a 5000 Pokedollar bill. She handed the bill to the lady. "Keep the change," she said briefly. She unwrapped the tuna sandwich and began eating it. She barely chewed the first bite when Mr. Musclebrain piped up.

"So, uh...hi. The name's Terrance. Nice to meet ya, I guess..."

Alexis gulped down her food, before responding. "I'm Alexis...nice to meet you too," Alexis said. She said the sentence in the way most people would say "I hope you fall off a cliff and die a gruesome death." She took a sip from her soda before continuing. "So. How'd you end up here?" she inquired.

Mira

restless spirit
    Years
  • "Better not get on your bad side," he joked.

Elizabeth grinned. She doubted that he would... But it was hard to tell with people. Most didn't quite understand when they were being obnoxious, so she had been forced in the past to try and straighten them out. That's where the martial arts came in handy.

She was pondering something witty to say in response when a kid slipped inside, apparently wanting to interrupt the first decent conversation Elizabeth'd had in years. Even though she scowled at the kid, he still simply shushed them and proceeded to hide under a couple of the other seats. Elizabeth sighed and moved to stand, deciding that now was as good of a time as any to show Atom what she could do. It probably would be a good idea to not do anything that would dislocate anything. She didn't want to get in that big of trouble right off the bat.

But the other boy acted first, throwing his guitar case on the seats and telling the kid to leave. Elizabeth couldn't help but laugh. She shook her head an smirked at Atom, going over to the door through which the intruder had entered. Opening it, she stuck her head through and looked around.

"Would whoever's missing their tall black-haired kid, please come and claim him immediately," Elizabeth called loudly. "Ponytail. Piercings."

Hopefully whoever he's hiding from comes in and drags him out.

She didn't really feel like doing it herself. After all, the right thing to do would be to act like a lady in front of the guy she liked. Well, sort of.

Last edited:

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    Edward groaned as the girl stuck her head out and shouted for someone to come by, looking for him. Even though he was certain he was gone before Mr. Rich Guy had gotten a look at him, he still would have preferred not drawing attention to himself afterwards.

Second step, Approach: Don't stand out, before or afterward.

Edward got up from the seats and walked to the door, before slamming it right in front of her face. Edward took a look around, making sure no one was around to hear it. He wasn't sure, but it appeared as if the coast was clear for now. "What's your problem! All I asked you to do was keep it down and let things die down. You didn't have to go and be a complete bi-" Edward stopped as he looked at the girl for the first time directly. It was the same girl from the compartment before. She had black hair, with red stripes. She had pale skin, and a sleeveless red dress, and a thick leather belt around her waste. After a run-through of her figure, Edward's eyes wandered to the small heart-shaped ruby pendant on a silver chain around her neck. He smiled at her, and leaned on the door of the compartment.

"Well...hello there." Edward said. "Name's Edward. May I say what a very valu-...err...beautiful necklace you have."

Edward took a look back at the other boy she was talking to, giving him a raise-eyebrow look, then turned his attention back to the girl.

Last edited:

Aura Rift

Mantle of flame
    Years
  • Josh heard someone shouting into the corridor and turned quickly away from Cody, retracting his outstretched hand. It's the girl from before. "Shockingly enough" she doesn't look happy. Josh is about to turn away when he sees someone quickly close the doors. He barely manages to catch a glimpse of his face. Edward, Edward Trent. Josh immediately realises what had happened. Edward had convinced Cody to steal rich boys pokemon, Edward was obviously a shady type and Josh had already defined him as someone who cared only about himself, making him suit the role of thief perfectly. But he hadn't just stole. If Edward had simply stolen bracelets, jewelery, maybe money, then Josh wouldn't have cared. But no. Edward had attempted to poach a pokemon, to steal someone elses friend and partner, to take them away. But even that wasn't what began to fuel the hatred that brewed inside the pit of Joshs stomach. No, the fact that Edward had the "nerve" to blame and pin all of this on Cody is what made Josh angry. To commit such an act then try to blame it tottaly and fully on another is what made Josh hat Edward then, that he had let Cody take a beating for him. Josh couldn't help it now, nor did he want to. Green energy flowed freely through his veins and they pulsed as green spheres of energy swirled around his hands. His hair began to pulse and ripple in anger.

"EDWARD!" Josh shouted. Josh realised that would draw attention so he held back, the energy faded and Joshs body returned to normal as he held back his hatred long enough to reach the cabin where Edward stood facing the girl, her new "boyfriend" sitting on the seat with an annoyed expression on his face.

Josh felt hatred for them too, they were flirting obviously, as they gave off a peeved fibe to Edward, one that said they hadn't wanted to be interupted. How sickening it was, that in such a worthless and pathetic world, they dared to have "emotion" how pitiful. This was Joshs world, this world of hatred, this world of pain and disgust. It was here he drew his hatred from, his strength and the only thing that seemed to make him forget the life he once had. This hatred, he let it flow through him with his energy, his aura. It empowered him, made him stronger.

Josh felt his veins pulse again, glowing a sickly black-green this time. He managed to control himself slightly though, stopping the energy from forming in his hands. He had very little control over his power normally, but now was different, he seemed to be able to channel it somehow, as if his hatred was giving him some sort of strange control.

He grabbed Edwards shoulder and forcefull swung him around to face him. He reeled back his arm, letting his energy flow into it, and brought his clenched fist into forceful contact with Edwards face.

"SELFISH B*STARD!" Josh screamed as he punched with all the force he could muster.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Atom Watcher - Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet

"Hey, shove off buddy, I saw her first," Atom stood up as this guy looked at him in that way. He could see what he was doing, where he was going. But that was barely a pick-up line in Atom's books. He kinda then realised how he had worded what he had said but didn't get time to exchange looks with Liz to see if she had noticed what he had said because the compartment welcomed another visitor, the guy who had come in and apologised before. Oh god, what was this?! Atom said he had wanted to have a party but not a party with a weird guy and this freakshow with his tendency to walk in on the wrong times. Wait, scratch that, a tendency to walk in at all. This kid looked mad though but Atom didn't want a punch up in here. Better do the nice thing and resolve this shenanigan so they could just get out. As soon as possible.

"Listen here guys," Atom stepped forward as the crazy kid grabbed the other guy's shoulder. Atom pushed into them, trying to separate it. "I'm sure whate--"

BAM and Atom was sent back into his chair thanks to a fist in the face from the freak kid. Holy crap! Atom screwed his face up as the pain his him about a second and a half afterwards. This kid had bite, but Atom had given and been given worse. Him? He was just an amateur. Didn't stop it from hurting like hell.

"What the hell was that for, you little jerk?!" Atom stood back up, hands by his sides in fists. This kid better spit out a fast apology or he could expect himself to have a bloody lump called a face really soon. He really didn't care what this other kid did to deserve a punch, but at the moment, he could see a really good reason why he wouldn't like this guy.​

Legend

Kingslayer
    Years
  • A door opened, as Cody saw in the corner of his eye. Paying no heed to it, Cody stared the Pokemon in his hand, still perplexed on how its obvious attempts to cause bodily harm to Cody failed. His fingers had gone numb, sure, but regardless even the tingling feeling in his fingers was minimal as his body was slowly adjusting. "Curious development," Cody said to himself.

And the Pokemon was snatched from his hands and a tall figure cast a shadow over the kneeling Cody. Cody slowly cocked his head over to see a furious, powerful presence stand before him. His face was twisted with anger, frustration, but…also….sadness. Cody's tendency to over analyze things cost him dearly, as the Rich Guy gripped Cody's collar and pinned him against a nearby wall. The Rich Guy's impressive strength allowed him to pin Cody's lanky frame against the wall, refusing to allow chance for escape with Cody's feet helplessly dangle in the air. Rich Guy raised his arm and forced it against Cody's throat, leaving Cody struggling for air. Unable to hear clearly over Cody's gasps for a deep breath, incoherent words filled with rage and pain left the man's mouth with the force of a great wind. The more the man spoke with spite, the less the words became distinguishable. In fact, the words were muffled by the time the Rich Guy's large hand consumed Cody's thin face and slammed it against the wall. Cody was left to the mercy of gravity as he descended back to the ground with an audible 'thump'.

In any normal circumstance, Cody would be tending to his delicate bottom but numerous other things were more vital. For starters, Cody wanted to refill his lungs with the sweet, if stagnant air of the tight quarters of the train. To make matters worse, a small crowd surrounded Cody which only made the precious resource that is oxygen more difficult to find. Murmurs and rumors filled the mouths of the crowd quickly, but Cody could not decipher what they were speaking of. Everything was little more the muffle impossible to comprehend over the ringing in Cody's ears (which at this point was akin to temporary deafness similar to one could acquire in a war zone) and the light-headed nature of Cody's mind, still starving for my oxygen. Parting the crowd like an ocean, a sole figure stood before him with an outstretched hand. It didn't take Cody two seconds to realize who it was: Josh. Lovely, Cody thought. Last person I wanted my eyes to have the pleasure to see.

Josh spoke to Cody, or at least Cody thought he was. Cody attempted to read lips, a skill he had been developing slowly over the past year. However, he could not concentrate long enough to translate it into English. It was not like Josh can anything important or intelligent to say anyway. Ignoring Josh's outstretched hand, Cody picked himself off the ground and began to dust himself off avoiding eye contact with Josh and refusing to reply to any attempt at dialogue. Josh's attention was then fixated on something else. A call, maybe? Cody was still too deaf to make out words, but Cody turned to match Josh's vision to see the angry woman from earlier, or at least Cody believed he caught the glimpse of her before the door quickly shut. Josh did not look pleased. Did Cody miss something that Josh picked up? He wouldn't be too surprised. Josh was fairly observant, though it paled in comparison to Cody's own skills even in his humble opinion. Josh's anger had caused several physical changes, with his hands revealing a ferocious glow and his hair glowing with a distinct ripple. It was if Josh was ripped from a corny action video game.

Josh did not hesitate to storm off in that direction and cause some havoc, and Cody did hesitate to sneak off and mind his own business. At this point, Cody had just finished licking his wounds and his hearing was slowly returning. Cody pranced off to the nearest bathroom and locked the door behind him. He ran some water briefly and washed his face and pat his hair down a bit. The attack had made Cody's unkempt appearance even more noticeable, and while he cared little for impressions he did have his own limits. Plus, Cody felt refreshed as the sink acted as a spring would act on a long medieval quest. "Ah! Much better," Cody said before stepping out.

Wanting to avoid Josh still, Cody walked a bit before choosing a random compartment to sneak into. Going back to the one he had shared with Shy Guy, Edward and Josh would be too obvious. Plus, once Josh was done with whatever chaos he was ensuing that compartment would be filled with his stupidity again. Cody was curious to where Edward ran off to. He was gone during the Rich Guy's return. Perhaps he ran away and knew the guy was coming back. That would make sense. Cody slapped himself for being too caught up in his new development of electricity resistance. Was it possibly connected to his newfound strechyness….

Cody opened a door to random compartment and stumbled in, crashing onto a seat. If there was a lottery for finding a great seat, Cody certainly lost. For one, Cody found himself sitting next to a titan of a man. He stood clearly over 6 feet in height and his bulging muscles would force any scale to soar up well into the 200s. The man appeared rather old to be a student, but Cody could guess the guy is "physical" in a matter of speaking. His large rough hands gave it away. Clearly, this guy would be akin to a punk, something Cody would need to take note to steer away from as he felt like a fly looking up to a giant.

The other subject in the compartment looked like she belonging on the streets, standing on the corner of Main Street and 1st Street in Castelia City. Tall, busty, covered in makeup (mostly eyeliner and lipstick), and styled hair made it readily apparent that this woman was trying to be as pretty as possible. Attracting a mate, perhaps? Cody couldn't tell if she was of age. She probably was. She had to be older than him at least. Cody was unnerved by her almost as much as the large imposing man standing next to him made him want to eject from the room via rocket booster seat. He had picked the most sinister room on this train. Josh was beginning to look like a pleasurable experience at this point.

"Yeah, uh. Sorry about forcing myself in here," Cody began. He wanted to think of a lie, but decided it was too much of a hassle to think of one. "I just kind of got mugged out there and need to cool off for a bit." Cody was trying to be polite and courteous to the two in the room, as they enjoyed their lunch peacefully. Hopefully, they wouldn't force him out. Not until everything blew over.

SV

See You Space Cowboy
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2022
    The girl made no reply right away, but the other guy who sat with her spoke instead.

"Hey, shove off buddy, I saw her first," He said. The guy stood up. Edward gave him a glance, then shrugged. "I'm just complimenting her on her very lovely necklace. No harm meant. However, if the lady would prefer the company of myself rather than you, I would be more happy to obli-"

Edward never got to finished his sentence, as the next thing he knew, a shout resonated from the corridor of the train. It was loud, loud enough to know someone was pissed. But who was it? Edward had only told his name to a handful of people on the train. Was it Mr. Rich Guy? Did Cody snitch and send this guy on a rampage after him? Edward had no intention of getting pulverized by a gorilla, but in this small area, there was nowhere to go. The door opened, but to Edward's surprise, instead of Mr. Rich Guy, it was Josh.
    Edward had a puzzled look on his face as Josh came up to him and spun him around so they were face to face. "Hey! What the-" Edward began, as Josh raised his fist, preparing to hit Edward right in the face. It all happened so fast, and Edward had almost no time to think of what was happening. He made a move to cover his face from the incoming fist, but none ever was hit. At the same moment, the other guy in the room had inadvertently taken the blow from Josh instead of Edward.

The final step is contact: Avoid any unnecessary contact.

Edward silently thanked lady luck in his mind, and decided this was the opportune moment to get the hell out. As Josh and the other guy now faced off with each other, something caught his eye in Josh's person on his way out. He grabbed for it, and made a quick move toward the door, not looking back for a second as he sprinted out of the general area. His mind raced as he thought about where to go, before moving on to the next train cart, and picking a compartment at random. Edward opened the door and stepped inside. There were three other students inside, who gave him odd looks as he took an empty seat. Edward was panting heavily as he looked up to find the three students looking at him.

"Ex-girlfriend." Edward said to them with a smile, still panting. The others seemed to accept the explanation, and went back to what they were doing before. Edward opened his hand to see the item he had acquired: a wad of cash, although from the feel of it, there was a lot more he didn't manage to get. Still, coming through that whole situation with something was...well, something. It was also interesting that this money had come off of Josh, who he ran off in the beginning as without any at all. There is always more to someone than meets the eye, as Edward had learned countless times in the past.

In the end, he managed to avoid a punch to the face, meet an interesting fellow named Cody, and get some money out of it all. Not bad of a start. Not bad at all.

Back