• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Inquiry about the DLC

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2023
    So this might be a little silly to ask, but I had the DLC available on a Switch shared with my family, then moved my account to new one. If I get the DLC on this will the story be at the same point I left it at or reset and give me another chance to do the events?

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
  • So this might be a little silly to ask, but I had the DLC available on a Switch shared with my family, then moved my account to new one. If I get the DLC on this will the story be at the same point I left it at or reset and give me another chance to do the events?

only if you transfer the save data.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2023
    That's not quite clear. If I transfer my data do I keep my current progress in it, or will it reset on me?

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I've done this process before a bunch of times, it should work just fine. The only thing I'm not 100% on is how it'll work with the DLC, but if you just want your game save on another Switch, just copy that game's save data over to the new console, and it should work just fine. I can post a tutorial here if you aren't sure how to do it as well, if you'd like.
    I moved my Scarlet game to my older Switch and back multiple times to trade Pokemon with myself with no issue.

Back