• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Insert Witty RMT Name Here* RMT Please.

Red Rain

Red Rain is coming down...
    Years
    Yeah, your right, I really should add Thunder on Registeel. I'll change that, it's not like I'll need Toxic anyway, when I have Toxic Spikes. I suppose now I can use Tenta to counter Infernape and I actually think Ala would do a good job against Weavile once Blissey or Mismagius uses Thunder Wave or Missy uses W-O-W.

Thanks for all your input, anything I'e missed off, please tell if I'm weak to anything else.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Registeel isn't a good Gyarados counter at all to be honest. Thunder always misses, and when it doesn't, Gyarados could have a Wacan Berry. It's just a REALLY shaky counter.

I've never really found Thunder on Registeel all that useful. It just really isn't all that useful, especially compared to other options.

Red Rain

Years
    Well, if Thunder isn't as effective, I always have Thunderbolt on Mismagius. I can definitely see where you are comnig from though. :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Well, if Thunder isn't as effective, I always have Thunderbolt on Mismagius. I can definitely see where you are comnig from though. :)

Thunder doesnt ALWAYS mis,it has the same accuracy as Focus Blast IIRC and people still use that and it has a 30% chance of paralysis.

Mismagius IS NOT A GYARADOS COUNTER.

A counter must be able to both switch into the pokémon it's supposed to counter, with little to no risk to itself, and also pose an immediate threat to said pokémon.

Mismagius gets stroked by waterfall =/.

So its either Starmie >> Tenta or Thunder OR THUNDERBOLT on Registeel...

Last edited:

Red Rain

Years
    Registeel will have Thunder or TBolt, so he'll be fine. :D I originally thought of Starmie a long time ago, but Tenta is better as it provides me with Toxic Spikes. Thanks again for your input. :)

StrickeN

The mighty force will Strike
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    If you plan to do any twaving / Will-o-Wisping

Toxic spikes is bad

Here lemme tell you why...

I once fought a guy who had bliss with Twave and such. He threw out toxic spikes.
    He kept trying to use T-Wave on my pokes but they were poisoned *gasp*

Then when I took out the Willowispers and Twaver's I simplys witched to bliss and aroma'd their health back.

Starmie would only add to your Dark weakness. So you'd be swept by Gyara Crunch among many things. Simply because none of your pokes can take a freaking physical hit.

IE: Crunch 1-2HKO Mismagius / Crunch or Dark Pulse would OHKO Alakazam / Crunch or Dark Pulse 1-2HKO STARMIE.

I don't see a lot of problems here but Specscario wiould be a problem

Back