• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inserting dialogue directly into hex edotor

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2022
    Hello all,
    I hope I'm putting this in the correct forum, but I was wondering how to correctly insert dialogue into fire red using a hex editor, specifically the rival interactions in Fire Red. I have a conversion table, and I understand how to do that and where to locate the dialogue, but if I edit the existing text and have blank space afterwards, how do I edit so the game doesn't crash? Does that make sense?

Years
    • Seen today
    Hello all,
    I hope I'm putting this in the correct forum, but I was wondering how to correctly insert dialogue into fire red using a hex editor, specifically the rival interactions in Fire Red. I have a conversion table, and I understand how to do that and where to locate the dialogue, but if I edit the existing text and have blank space afterwards, how do I edit so the game doesn't crash? Does that make sense?

Follow a scripting tutorial and use XSE to edit the scripts with the rival. DiegoIsAwesome's and Avara's Scripting Tutorials are good and pretty comprehensive.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2022
    Follow a scripting tutorial and use XSE to edit the scripts with the rival. DiegoIsAwesome's and Avara's Scripting Tutorials are good and pretty comprehensive.

That's actually why I'm trying to find out how to edit it. I can't access the rival dialogue with advance map and XSE.

Back