• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Install Windows XP on a Vista Machine

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
    Years
    I don't think you need a floppy drive to install XP. I installed XP on a Vista Computer, and it worked perfectly.

It depends on your computer. Some won't work with ease due to the need of specaal drivers to access the hard drive.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 1, 2014
    Right right, because faulty hardware drivers = Microsofts fault, amirite?!
    Yes it is, in fact before Vista came out they had even more disturbing problems with Broadcom cards even with current drivers and even then these problems were not entirely resolved until SP1 was released. It is Microsoft's responsibility to provide support for not just current hardware but legacy hardware with each new version including legacy drivers in some cases.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Yes it is, in fact before Vista came out they had even more disturbing problems with Broadcom cards even with current drivers and even then these problems were not entirely resolved until SP1 was released. It is Microsoft's responsibility to provide support for not just current hardware but legacy hardware with each new version including legacy drivers in some cases.
    No.
    It is the responsibility of hardware developers to ensure that they provide drivers for any hardware they would wish to continue to support. Microsoft ship out beta's and development tools to any OEM that requires them ~ and companies like nVidia continue to drop the ball. There was information revealed some months ago that revealed over 50% of Vista BSOD errors were caused by nVidia's drivers.
    So again, I ask you.
    How is this Microsofts fault?

Back