• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Instrumental Covers

HeavyMecha

Weighed Down By Technology
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 21, 2018
Greetings fellow members...

...screw it, I'm just going to cut to the chase. I had a long introductory planned out for this with a story of my past, but nobody wants to read that kind of crap.

Anyways, I don't have a computer anymore, and being as I have tinkered with quite a lot during my years so far, I managed to get into game design (RPG Maker, A-Map, etc) and music production/editing (Audacity, FL Studio, etc). Luckily, there are people out there who have taken the time to port some programs over to Android (and iOS).

While I can no longer do any kind of design or hacking, I can still apply my music experience, and with that said, I hope to use it as a way to give something (if anything) back to the gaming community.

So long story short, I will start doing instrumental covers (NOT REMIXES) of various Pokemon themes, as well as some others if I get to them. But since I don't have a computer, I'll be recording the instruments I have at my house (keyboard, acoustic guitar, drum kit) along with the help of a few Android programs to edit and test music tones.

Here are some songs I have already planned out:

+++Trainer Battle Theme (Red/Blue) ; Looking to add some kind of soundscape feeling to it, making it a bit more "zen" and not as energetic.

+++Unown Theme (Pokemon Crystal) ; As with the same above, every game has just enough of a small subtle difference that it seems to stand out to me. Looking to maybe Jazz this up... or something.

+++Lavender Town Theme (Yellow) ; As with the song above, minor differences seem to stand out to me and so I'll be working with this variation, rather than the original Red/Blue version. I'm looking to see if I can make this a little less eerie and more melancholy.

I also plan on testing my luck with other themes, such as:

+++Gourmet Race (Kirby Super Star) ; A fan favorite of many, I'm thinking of doing some acoustic guitar work on this.

+++Overworld Theme (Super Mario Bros.) ; Not entirely sure what I have planned for this, but I'm thinking of something.

+++Costa Del Sol (Final Fantasy VII) ; Looking forwards to adding even more guitar to this and probably some drum work. Not 100% sure yet.

APPS I'M USING:

+++FL Studio Mobile
+++PhoenixStudio
+++G-Stomper
+++WavePad
+++Lexis Audio Editor

INSTRUMENTS I'M USING:

+++Acoustic Guitar
+++Keyboard
+++Drum Kit

In case you wanted the backstory of why I'm doing this...

Spoiler:

So... questions? Well, view the spoiler tag below or just ask.

Spoiler:

(I'll update this thread with links for downloading the music and hearing them on YouTube as soon as they are made. This includes demo songs.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hi! I'll move your thread to Art & Design, as we've discussed and thought that creative musicmaking like this fits better there than in this forum where people mostly discuss commercial stuff. Their rules still say otherwise ("Only Art here!" kinda) but don't worry about it, we'll probably update them soon.

As for your FF8 remix, I haven't heard the original so I can't say much about how different or creative it is, perhaps. But it was nice enough! I felt like if you want, you might be able to do something more interesting with the lower tone(s) though?

I'll put a gallery tag on your thread too. Good luck :D

Back