• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Talk] Interactive Art?

Years
Just a lil thread to share stories on if you've joined anything that involves art as participation! Examples of this include art rpgs (side question: would people be interested in that kinda thing), art designing / collection (similar to fakemons but for fun), art games / art battles (that was previously done before on pc), even just art for roleplay headcanons or memes! It can even be for something sillly like an art gacha.

Some people exist only to participate in these kinds of art.
Have you tried any of these forms of interactive art? What's your experience?

-

I'll start with my most recent experience ofc- I joined an art rpg for fun, it's where Pokemon design prompts are generated for and we make it happen. Usually it's done by giving the Pokemon some sort of traits (e.g. a fairy type bulbasaur, glowing wooper, etc.) The prompts are broad enough so you can get really creative with it. :3c The rpg part was having particular parts be dedicated to battling/catching Pokemon etc. Ofc you can't design if you don't have a Pokemon so. EITHER WAY explanation of that arpg aside it was fun! I think I made like 20 different designs? And am inspired to do more haha some of my best design may have come from that

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
Apart from some GT stuff and one of these avatar wall events we had on PC many years ago I don't usually join any sorts of events. I think I'm also too moody for these things. I have to be in a right mood or otherwise it's just me drawing a line and immediately hating what I created even if I haven't really done anything. xD

I've watches some streamers do these Gartic Phone prompts a couple times and thought it looked pretty fun. But I'm way too detached from any sort of community, that does these things, to participate. ^^"

Years
That's fair! It's definitely not for everyone, though I can suggest trying it once haha.
I've been in the mood for so many different art games though, like gartic phone... Would it be an interest here? Maybe?

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
Years
Oh I can drum up a list of interactive arts I've taken part in :>
ARPG's, OCTs, Collabs, Drawpiles, Scribbl...

ARPG has it's charms. It's very interactive in a way where you get rewarded for participation and activity. I've tried some PMD ones which I never really properly lifted off with. But I definitely had a bit of a foothold in an ARPG called Shadowlocke. It was a bit after I got into my big comic hiatus. Kinda expected not to get my nuzlocke comic off the ground. So I just used Yume as my OC for that ARPG. That said, college got busy, and I was invited into an OCT. So I kinda dropped all my projects to focus on that. And when I was done... I didn't really feel any need or want to return. It was fun while it lasted, but it's really just infinite art prompts featuring your OC with no real end in sight, and you're also at the whims of mods. If they stop then so does the interactive aspect of such ARPG's.

OCT is an acronym for "Original Character Tournament". They tend to be pretty huge projects. The concept's rather simple:

- Someone hosts a tournament with a certain premise in mind. There may be specific rules attached to it that decide what kind of OC's are allowed.
- Anyone who wishes to participate submits their OC for the audition phase, and with their submission makes their piece of media.
- Judges from the tournament will select who will participate in the tournament.
- Selected individuals will be matched in pairs to compete against eachother in which they get a prompt, and have to include eachother's characters in their plot properly, and tell the story from the perspective of their OC "winning" their match-up
- Dependent on how the bracket system of the tournament is set up, eventually 1 OC wins the tournament.

I participated in a decent handful of OCT's. Mostly for the learning experience, and to kind of get myself in the habit of finishing a comic project for once, and keeping up dedication. It worked for me since I was pretty competitive. And while I don't really care much for winning. I do care for being given an oppurtunity to fight the biggest bestest guy there is. So I used that motivation as fuel to learn something new. They definitely required a lot of dedication though, given how tight the deadlines could be. And there was very little room for other projects whenever I participated in one of these.

I've been part in a lot of collaborations. A lot of them are Nuzlocke-related. Some few notable ones I've been part of:
The Gotta-Draw-Em-All event, which were gigantic collages where every person was assigned a pokémon to submit. We did them categorised by region, and by type.

The Nuzlocke Visual Novel dating simulator, which in the end had a total of at least 30 different participants at the time. It basically boiled down to all nuzlocke protagonists being in a Highschool AU. A very old version of my character is in this and she's nothing like the person she is in that game... >w>;;

Nuzlocke Rewind 2020, which... You can imagine is kind of like a Youtube rewind, but instead it's featuring visual nuzlocke media that was released or worked on in 2020.

Pokécommunity's Art Studio banner contribution. The one that's pretty much at the top of the page right now :3c

Other than that I participate in ONE secret santa event every year.

There were definitely times where I also actively played Scribbl.io it was great fun, but I did always set the rules to only drawing pokémon prompts. And then people had to guess what pokémon was being drawn.

As of now, I kinda handpick based on motivation and mood if I want to participate in any interactive art stuff. As I got a full-time job as of now. And I have my comic project that I want to work on.

Back