• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Interest Test

Hexoc

Azumarill Lover
Years
  • I'm realtively new here, but I've had an idea for an RP. Before I get the everything done and find out no one is interested, Imma do a focus test here.

Basic Concepts:
    Ancient City of Magic
    Strict Government that keeps majority in ignorance
    Demons appearing
    Two Factions: The Magisters(Government) and the Monks(Rebel sect)
    Three subfactions within in each faction
    Magic obtained through Familars rather than having it be innate
    Deep Moral divides between both factions and subfactions.
    Shocking actions from both factions
    Limited changing of sides
    Familars are from basically every major religion and mythology

Last edited by a moderator:

Hexoc

Azumarill Lover
    Years
  • Wasn't planning on it, the familiars are techincally demons. I assumed more people played SMT and would know the phrase "Demons are like condoms. They're useful for a time, but as soon as they're useless, get rid of them."

And not specified, but planned, are limits to familiar summoning, to prevent there being that one guy with Shiva fighting those guys with the gorgons sort of thing.

Short answer: no evolution planned, but likely will be allowed, with permission and reasonabilty(i.e. No evolving a ghost into Lucifer).

The limits will include a bit of a progression system that will end in summoning major gods and entites, like Zeus, Vishnu, and Satan.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    This is right up my alley. I love the concept. I feel like it's a cool mix of things like Shaman King and Digimon. I'd definitely be interested, but I'd also need to find the time for it.

I have no clue what SMT is, tho, so that aspect is leaving me in the dark a bit.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I like the mechanic of the familiars, really does remind me of Shaman King a bit xD I just have one question

Strict Government that keeps majority in ignorance
    Ignorance of what?

Hexoc

Azumarill Lover
    Years
  • Just a general ignorance to force work out of the large lower class. If they know just enough to get their work done, why would they need any other knowledge? At least that's what the government says.

And SMT stands for Shin Megami Tensei(as seen in my signature) it is a JRPG series created by Atlus, the creators of Persona. The games have dark themes and interesting endings based on your moral choices. Despite the different endings, it is rare for an ending to have no merit whatsoever. Although each ending is radically different, and tend to be extremes, they often contain at least a sliver of good even if the rest of the ending is bad.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • This could definitely be something I'd be interested in. Would need more info though to be able to fully decide. Solid premise though and I'm sure lots of people would be interested! Hopefully I'm right because i would love to be able to see a full OOC thread on this!

Hexoc

Azumarill Lover
    Years
  • Still refining backstory and major NPCs, but a little sample wouldn't hurt

The method the Magisters receive their powers are a closely guarded secret of the order. But factors have caused them to reveal their methods . . .

CUE LONG AND BORING IN WORLD EXPLANATION

Imma just break the immersion here to explain the Familiar and Magic system for this RP.

Magic is not a native power to the world. It is gained through Familiars.

Familiars are demons that have been summoned and bound to this world. The demons' home is the original source of magic. To tame and gain the powers of a demon, one must defeat the demon in combat. The summoner can and often will use his own Familiars to defeat summoned demons, as many are quite powerful.
    As such, apprentices simply cannot obtain the powers of demons such as Lucifer, Zeus, Amaterasu, and Phoenix.

To put a ranking system on this would be as such:

Rank 1, Neophyte: Weak Spirits and Creatures
    Examples: Poltergiest, Pixie, Raiju, Orthus,

Rank 2, Acolyte: Strong Spirits and Average Creatures
    Examples: Dullahan, Lham Dearg, Gorgon, Windego

Rank 3, Summoner: Strong Creatures and Minor Gods
    Examples: Cerberus, Minotaur, Bacchus, Morpheus, Heimdall

Examples: Typhoon, Fenrir, Orochi, Phoenix

Rank 5, Sage: Major Gods
    Examples: Zeus, Amaterasu, Thor, Odin, Quezecoatl, Kronus, Susano-o

Rank 6, Hero: Creators
    Examples: Izanagi, Gaea

Certain Familiars are incredibly hard to summon, and even harder to defeat in battle. These go beyond the tiers listed below. It is said that only a god could tame such creatures.

Note that these examples are not the only ones allowed. However you should typically consult a GM before choosing other ones. Many of us probably having varying definitions to a "Powerful" creature.

Magic comes in 8 classifications:
    Physical, Ice, Fire, Lightning, Wind, Earth, Status, and Almighty

Each is capable of vastly different things, and very little is documented on specific spells for each type.

Basically when getting magic from familiars, just make sure it fits the familiar and all is good. To start, I'll trust the judgement of the RPers on this. If things get out of hand however, I will require submissions of ALL familiars, to ensure that things fit.

The following are restricted by faction and story events and cannot be summoned without permission from GM.

Monk Exclusives: Lucifer, Shiva, Apophis

Magister Exclusives: Metatron, Vishnu, Ra

The following cannot be summoned by anyone, not even the GM.

Satan(yes I classify Satan and Lucifer as two seperate beings, deal with it)

Backstory and Major NPCs will take awhile, so might be a week or so before I can get an ooc thread up

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Do you still have the evolution mechanic in mind, or do characters need to bind themselves to a new familiar every rank? And, I'm wondering if these familiars resemble the mythic and religious creatures, or literally are them? If that's so, how does the evolving mechanic factor into that?

Hexoc

Azumarill Lover
    Years
  • Evolution would likely be case by case, and no real limit and the amount of summonable familiars. Maybe a max of three in battles and thats it, but nothing preventing you from owning every mytho dog.

And they resemble the mythic and religious, not actual Lucifer, not actual Zeus, just real close to them

Back