• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Interior Tileset

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    Been a while since I made another tileset compilation. I've been working on a school tileset for a very long time. Finally got enough work done on it. More rooms still to come are battle room and library.

pokemon_school_by_aveontrainer_ddbn3f0-fullview.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    You are very welcome! I can't wait to see all of the colorful fan games that will be created with all of these free resources. And I hope people have as much fun mapping with them as I do

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    another one thats not an interior tile but I'm happy with how it came out and don't feel like starting a new thread for my exterior tiles. what do y'all think?
    ddm0hdv-9867072c-2817-4359-8581-ae5b40bac25c.gif

ive also added some stuff to my japanese tileset
    traditional_japanese_home_by_aveontrainer_ddm2raq-fullview.jpg

as well as my log cabin tileset
    log_cabin_by_aveontrainer_ddlzcxp-fullview.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2023
    these look great, love the windmill.
    the carpet in the indoor tileset has too much contrast, I'd blend the white spots, by adding a grey line around them, or make them darker. Adding some shadows, below the chairs, table, fireplace, plants, etc, would help give it a sense of depth.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    these look great, love the windmill.
    the carpet in the indoor tileset has too much contrast, I'd blend the white spots, by adding a grey line around them, or make them darker. Adding some shadows, below the chairs, table, fireplace, plants, etc, would help give it a sense of depth.

I appreciate the critique. It's so helpful for me to improve as I'm still very new to all of this. I'm planning on going back and adding shadows to the floor textures. Thus I don't lose the height of my tiles. For outdoor tiles I usually have the light source from the upper left corner. Thus the shadows I will be adding to the game are similar to what I did on the windmill. Interior what would you recommend? More of a top down light source rather than diagonal. Correct?

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2023
    the tileset itself is top-down, but only placing shadows below tables, etc, doesn't add much, imo.
    you can add diagonal shadows, wherever there's another light-source: the fireplace, any lamps/ torches/windows that go on the walls- you can make a single diagonal shadow tile - like the transparent shadow tile, but cut in half diagonally, and for any tile that casts shadow, continue the shadow line on the bottom of tile, so they connect.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    the tileset itself is top-down, but only placing shadows below tables, etc, doesn't add much, imo.
    you can add diagonal shadows, wherever there's another light-source: the fireplace, any lamps/ torches/windows that go on the walls- you can make a single diagonal shadow tile - like the transparent shadow tile, but cut in half diagonally, and for any tile that casts shadow, continue the shadow line on the bottom of tile, so they connect.

Thank you so much for the advice!!! You have been so helpful!!!

P.S. I have made another interior tileset.

pokemon_hospital_by_aveontrainer_ddngjxd-fullview.jpg

And another
    pokemon_bar_by_aveontrainer_ddnr6ig-fullview.jpg

And another
    pokemon_airport_by_aveontrainer_ddnx44t-fullview.jpg

Last edited:
    Back