• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Internet Connections

What kind of internet do you have?

• Dsl

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Dialup

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Cable

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Satelite

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Lol, I want DSL so bad, stupid dial-up is so slow, and sometimes when I am submerged with something online and my mother has to use the phone, it becomes so irritating -_-. But hopefully when we get DSL she won't bug me anymore about being online :P

~DragonTrainer:dragonite

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    That's why I love having DSL compared to dial-up. It's not slow and I can talk to my friend online and on the phone at the same time! I actually used to do that too! It was fun. Butwe have 2 phone lines anyway (one for my grandmother and one for my parents) so tying up the phones completey wasn't an issue...

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    I just got cable, I practacly begged my parents for it (he he he) It rocks! I feel sorry for all who had dial up, it totally sucks! Here, I'll share my internet with you all (runs over to everyones house and installs internet) there you go!

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Heh, that's the main issue with why we're getting DSL, my mom is always talking to some person or other, and it can get annoying when I'm talking to people online. Also, the speed of DSL and downloading is nothing to look down upon either,

~DragonTrainer:dragonite

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
    I thought it was funny when comcast compared internet to animals. Dial up was a tortise, DSL was a dog, and Cable was a Cheetah (or really comcast) I think DSL might be the best because it is not as expensive as cable but is still faster than dial-up.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    The upstream might be a bit iffy though. Probably won?t matter for you. ^_^; I?ve never had DSL, only AOL (uck, bleah) and then this cable.

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    I can't remember what it was like before we got DSL... it was a long while ago. Originally we had AOL too but my dad hated that so much we switched to dial-up as soon as we could. All I remember about dial-up was that it took forever to connect... when it would connect that is. That was a pain! We've had our fair share of problems with DSL though too... but lately it's worked fine!

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
    As I've complained about ten million times, I still have dialup. I've been wanting broadband for years - there are only 3 cable ISPs in Australia, and they are pretty expensive, so I've been looking at ADSL. I found a decent plan - AU$60/month, 512/128k, unlimited downloads - but they are a new ISP, so Mum refused to get it because they had a couple of hiccups when they were first setting up the server. Even though the feedback for them is now *really* good. *glares @ Mum*

perthskies

Nostalgic
    Years
    I'm currently on Dial-up, and am with Southwest Internet Systems. They have been very reliable, and with smooth speeds. I usually connect at a speed of 50.6 kbps, which results in 4/5 kb/s for downloads, of course many factors have to be taken in place.

When my subscription expires though, we may be moving onto Broadband/ADSL...

Back