• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

InuYasha Cancelled?

Was InuYasha Cancelled?

• Yes

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

Loud and Annoying Pidgey

« if you still b e l i e v e »
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Who here thinks InuYasha was cancelled? It hasnt been on for a while, so im probably just as worried as the next person.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Belongs in Japanese Entertainment my dear. Read forum descriptions.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    Dude, where have you been? o_o Inuyasha has been cancelled since like...what, September 13, 2004? Yeah. All you see now are re-runs.

Actually, it wasn't cancelled...it just ended. The manga ended finally as well and Rumiko herself, said she was never very good with endings.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
    It's not on Adult Swim anymore? =O Thank the gods!
    Seriously, there hasn't been a new episode in years, and it wasn't an impressive anime anyway...

Last episode was:
    167 "The Bond Between Them, Use the Sacred Jewel Shard! (Part 2)"
    "Futari no Kizuna - Shikon no Kakera o Tsukae! Kōhen" (二人の絆 四魂のかけらを使え! 後編) September 13, 2004, 2006 for US.

Years
    • he/him
    • Online now
    I don't think the show ended at Adult Swim, though the Manga ended at 50 I think, somehow they are not showing newer episodes.

Soul Eater

Years
    It's not on Adult Swim anymore? =O Thank the gods!
    Seriously, there hasn't been a new episode in years, and it wasn't an impressive anime anyway...

Last episode was:
    167 "The Bond Between Them, Use the Sacred Jewel Shard! (Part 2)"
    "Futari no Kizuna - Shikon no Kakera o Tsukae! Kōhen" (二人の絆 四魂のかけらを使え! 後編) September 13, 2004, 2006 for US.

Oh, don't get me wrong. It's still on AS but it's just on during the grave shift where no one would ever bother to stay up and watch it.

I honestly thing AS needs to kick it off. If anyone really wants to see it, they'll just by the DVDs. D:

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    Oh, don't get me wrong. It's still on AS but it's just on during the grave shift where no one would ever bother to stay up and watch it.

I honestly thing AS needs to kick it off. If anyone really wants to see it, they'll just by the DVDs. D:

Not to menton that the anime was ended a long time ago. The manga takes over after it.

Soul Eater

Years
    Not to menton that the anime was ended a long time ago. The manga takes over after it.

I'll admit that I really adore Inuyasha but I don't bother with the watching it on Adult Swim. If I want to watch it, I'll watch the season box sets I have. The only ones I need are Seasons 2 and 3. D:

I mean seriously, the anime isn't coming back and all those Inuyasha fangirls are just making it drag on. Sure, I know I am a Inuyasha fanatic but I think if fangirls want to see Inuyasha, they can either buy the DVDs, or suck it up and try to watch some anime that is worth it.

Some of those Inuyasha fangirls are too busy wooing over Inuyasha. They don't care about the comedy. I'll admit that Inuyasha was a bit sucky but the comedy made it seem worth it, at least for me.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah Inuyasha has been over for a long time. They are just showing re-runs on Adult Swim. The manga continued where it left off. I wish the ending in the anime was better though. It felt like it wasn't finished at all. I think Adult Swim needs to take it off though. It has been on long enough. If I want to watch the series again, I will get the DVDs.

Soul Eater

Years
    Yeah Inuyasha has been over for a long time. They are just showing re-runs on Adult Swim. The manga continued where it left off. I wish the ending in the anime was better though. It felt like it wasn't finished at all. I think Adult Swim needs to take it off though. It has been on long enough. If I want to watch the series again, I will get the DVDs.

The reason why the ending sucked was because Rumiko, herself, said she sucked at making very good endings. That's why the manga kept on going because she didn't know where to end it.

I love Inuyasha but I have most of the seasons on DVD and plus I have all four movies. I love the songs too but I have a computer and an ipod for the music, I don't need the anime on AS to keep up with it. There isn't anything to keep up with.

Loud and Annoying Pidgey

« if you still b e l i e v e »
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    Dude, where have you been? o_o Inuyasha has been cancelled since like...what, September 13, 2004? Yeah. All you see now are re-runs.

Actually, it wasn't cancelled...it just ended. The manga ended finally as well and Rumiko herself, said she was never very good with endings.

yeah, but a havent even seen it on. O.o

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    I'll admit that I really adore Inuyasha but I don't bother with the watching it on Adult Swim. If I want to watch it, I'll watch the season box sets I have. The only ones I need are Seasons 2 and 3. D:

I mean seriously, the anime isn't coming back and all those Inuyasha fangirls are just making it drag on. Sure, I know I am a Inuyasha fanatic but I think if fangirls want to see Inuyasha, they can either buy the DVDs, or suck it up and try to watch some anime that is worth it.

Some of those Inuyasha fangirls are too busy wooing over Inuyasha. They don't care about the comedy. I'll admit that Inuyasha was a bit sucky but the comedy made it seem worth it, at least for me.

Exactly how I feel.I agree with everything Misayu just mentioned.
    As much as I love the show myself,I'm kind of relieved it was cancelled [at least in the earlier timeslots] ._.; I think I know every episode by heart now because of the many times I've seen it on my DVD's and the reruns on AS combined. x-x;
    If they do decide to make another series,I hope they make it MUCH shorter and more par-par with the manga. I think the fillers definately killed Inuyasha the most for me,despite being a huge fan :\\

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah I did notice in Japan, they canceled it. So they made up the ending(which it wasn't that good, imo). So then the manga can continue on. The fillers did kill Inuyasha. Not that many people watched it and the ratings dropped. But still when it came here everyone loved it. But now I think Adult Swim needs to take it out from the lineup. It has been on since August 2002, I believe. 6 1/2 years...dang. Yeah they need to end it now. But as long there are new fans of the anime, then I guess they won't take it out. For the new fans, just buy the DVDs...okay? -_-

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    As much as I've seen this series has been dragging on an on for a long while now... I didn't know it was finally over either, I'm glad they finally decided to call it quits.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    I thought it got cancelled like four years ago, but my friends said they only kept airing it in Japan.

Snivi

..•.¸¸•´¯`•.¸. ஐ
    Years
    What I dislike about the ending is nothing is resolved. It just seems like a normal ep -_-;

I did peak at the end of the manga to see what Kagome would do. At least it was resolved there.

Back