• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Concept: Is a Pokémon Game with all 8 regions and all Pokémon obtainable even possible?

Jiggykoopbob

Local Pokémon loving Goomba. (Flair theme: SM64DS)
Years
  • I have seen a fan project that is supposedly still in development that promised all official Pokémon in existence plus some new Fakémon, as well as all 8 regions (not including the Paldea region from Generation 9) to be included. And that made me think, Is that actually even possible? I'm just curious.

It would probably be a dream come true if Game Freak were to make this happen themselves.

(Edit: I'm not saying that i WANT it to happen, but it was just a crazy idea that i randomly got.)

Last edited:

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    i think thats definely possible looking at some hacks like Radical Red (goes up to gen 8 and some hisuian forms i think) adventure red chapter (goes to gen 7 and lots of extra pokemons... dunno if they will ever add gen 8)
    Even though theres only a few who got all pokemon from gen 1 - 8 that are complete, its definely possible.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Possible: Yes, technically it is.

Who would realisticaly play and finish such game? Nobody.

Would it be a good idea? I don't think so.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    It depends on what the whole game is like. My son tried Pokemon Saffron but you get stuck in boring grind to get only 2 Pokemon of the many available in first area up to a level to beat the key pokemon in gym (which you could't guess from the game- in usually sucky way these games are set up) . My son would love catching all the pokemon. Make the game interesting- break the dull rules. Allow you to go anyway. Fix the many broken parts in Pokemon pokedex- make all pokemon decent with four moves that have two that are damage dealing and no pokemon are too powerful. Have internal battles (no online required) when you can only use some limited pokemon to battle certain ones.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2023
    it would be a good idea, and a lot of people wants it, all of us like the games so we would play all the games in one fs

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Possible but the problem will be time, both the dev need to have many free time and second player should not pestering them every 1 months i think

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    It depends on what the whole game is like. My son tried Pokemon Saffron but you get stuck in boring grind to get only 2 Pokemon of the many available in first area up to a level to beat the key pokemon in gym (which you could't guess from the game- in usually sucky way these games are set up) . My son would love catching all the pokemon. Make the game interesting- break the dull rules. Allow you to go anyway. Fix the many broken parts in Pokemon pokedex- make all pokemon decent with four moves that have two that are damage dealing and no pokemon are too powerful. Have internal battles (no online required) when you can only use some limited pokemon to battle certain ones.

I don't know pokemon safron already have demo? I thought the download link still empty

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2023
    i want a pokemon game with all 9 regions with day night system built in relationship system (optional) and lots of rivals from other regions and you can do any region in any order no safari zone or bug catching game and no fishing level cap 1000 ev are instead like skillpoint where you can put them in any stat you want but the stats will be high so having iv stone is a must chosing a starter you will get an option of every starter regardless of region being able to buy your own houses will be cool a world tournement where you have to beat every region to gain access and you can choose whether your a hero villian or nutral but you wont be locked out of relationships with them regardless of route you take but it will be harder outfits would be nice but that is just my opinion

Years
  • I mean, a really determined hacker probably could make something like this, yeah. Not sure how you'd balance the difficulty curve of something like that, though, and it could easily get really fatiguing to actually play.

Years
  • Of course, it's tecnically possible, but it would be an ambitious and risky idea. If someone wants to start developing such a game, they would have to have a big team. Several people dedicated to mapping and scripting because 8 (or 9, if we count Paldea) regions is too much work for a small group. They should also add interesting elements that encourage the player to explore those regions, otherwise player will eventually get bored by how empty that game would feel. They must also know how to maintain the essence of each character in that region. And there are many more things that I have not named that must be thoroughly developed, such as the game pace; the hundreds of soundtracks for each city, character or mechanic; difficulty curve; and a long etcetera.​

Back