• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is an all-encompassing Pokémon hack possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Smell

Doof-Man
    Years
    I would like to contribute what I can to anybody willing to try. Maybe...

Hm, how about it be a forum-wide Hack? Anybody could contribute to it, once the storyline's set, of course.

Hm... it's a bold idea, that's for sure. I don't think any place has a forum-wide project going on.

That sounds like a great idea! People could contribute sprites, scripts, music! There could be a trainer for everyone lol. :)

But, some people might be sad about missing out. :(

Good idea though.

~Smell

Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2009
    sorry for the thread necro
    but is this still alive?
    i mean if it is i would like to help in any way i can....
    i would like to be the script writer and/or beta tester but whatever

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
    I would have to say that this sounds a bit extravagant to be taken seriously, although anythign is possible, given sufficient patience and skill levels. I would say given a team of the best hackers in history, with nothing important besides the hack to work on, ie school or jobs or whatnot, could get this done in about a year. Other than that, it could be done probably over a few years, provided that whoever decides to seriously work on it sticks with it, perseveres, and knows what they are doing. If you really have started on this, God speed. I'll look forward to seeing info about it if you ever put it on the internet.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Actually there is(except for the battle frontier)and there is a new region also.
    It is called pokemon white and its on ncraze.forumer.com

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Space will probably be the biggest issue with this, and expanding the rom can cause a time freeze. If they made it out of D/P we would possibly run out of World Map space. With Gold/Silver I believe you can add in new maps via ASM but there is very limited space.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    Space will probably be the biggest issue with this, and expanding the rom can cause a time freeze. If they made it out of D/P we would possibly run out of World Map space. With Gold/Silver I believe you can add in new maps via ASM but there is very limited space.
    He didn't go into great detail, but in the Prism thread, Coolboyman made a comment about how he could put virtually as many regions in the game as he wanted because he knew how to add maps.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Erimgard said:
    He didn't go into great detail, but in the Prism thread, Coolboyman made a comment about how he could put virtually as many regions in the game as he wanted because he knew how to add maps.

Yes, but you would run out of space at some point as you have to put in the tile order and the X and Y positions of the map which will take up space. So that means you have limited space, you can expand the rom but your clock won't work.

Skeetendo Inc.

The REAL Pokémon Company
    Years
    However, if you weren't concerned about losing clock functionality (which would be lame, but hey some people might not care) You could expand the rom and have as much room. However going by CBMs thread it is also possible to free up quite a lot of data for maps and such. Like for example there are beta versions of basically every map, these can be replaced with new map data and not take up any more space than the original. There is leftover unused text, other unused data I don't know about, etc. You can free up quite a bit of room if you know what you are doing. Actually the more I think about it the more doable this sounds. Probably the bigger problem with that many regions that you will run into is the amount of event flags you have for trainers and item balls and events and whatnot, however I am actually not sure what the cap on these is but it seems like it would be a more limiting factor than freespace.

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 23, 2011
    Is the discussion still going? Because I found some errors in some of the member's ideas and ways and I had a plan for it.

For destinedjagold's plan: That wouldn't work because there's a script in the game that makes something happen in Ruby after the truck. If you have SMCA (I forget who it's by, I think HackMew), you see it says starting position (after Truck). The script is programmed to only have one script. Plus you probably double flagged.

For the G/S/C Plan: It would work, but what about all of Hoenn? Is there a way known to insert more than what's on the pokedex?

And yes, so far, Pokemon White is trying on getting all 3 regions plus another one in it.

Anyways, I had an idea for it, but it was too big for me. I'm not that much of a scripter yet, so I couldn't do it. My idea was that you started in an Airport Room (doesn't matter where for now, but probably in the lobby). You are ready to buy a ticket to go to one of the 4 Regions. You go to a certain counter to get your ticket and you head on the plane to get to where you're going. After coming off, the Professor of the region would introduce himself and whatever region you are in, give you your starter, and you would go off. Or after you get your ticket, you get to choose a starter there. That might be a little easier.

I know that there are a bunch of Problems with that already. That's why I couldn't do it. We'd need all of the best hackers out there in order to help.

But yes, I think it is possible, and whoever is trying to make it, I'd like to help.

By the way, if the discussion was dropped, then I'm sorry to have brought it up again.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    I'll venture a guess and say that even if someone does start working on this, they'll drop it a little while into it for some reason. I don't imagine ever seeing it happen, unless it was an official Nintendo game.

But if I ever saw one, I would be amazed. That would be awesome.

~*Pikafan*~

Man I gotta stop leaving!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 23, 2011
    Well, I'm not sure about hacks, but I know that there's a game with all of them in the Game Development. And if anyone would like to help me, I'd try to create a better idea and some other things.

Sage of Redemption

Wanderer or nowhere
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2009
    Would it not be easier to do this with an RPG maker? Sure it will take lots of time and patience, but at least you have a almost unlimited amount of space.

balkj06

Pokemon Kanto
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2015
    i've started doing this a while back

I have gotten 3 region's in the hack already and I can just have put in the 4th
    the region's are kanto, johto, hoeon and Sinnho

and i was a bignner then hack then, how i did it you ask?

well my base rom was emeral and...... find out the rest

PS. beacause of my other hack kanto.... the chance of this hack coming will be low

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back