• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is anybody else tired of the metagame?

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    It just seems like nothing has changed since R/B/Y EVERYBODY uses the same pokemon and it makes the game stale and boring......I might stop playing the metagame and just wait for the mmorpg Im waiting for to get finished, I dont know maybe Im rambling Im jus tired of seeing Suicune, Blissey, T-tar, and Shedinja on EVERY team its like people dont play for fun anymore.......meh whateva jus speaking my mind

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
  • I agree with you - Some of the people I battle can't POSSIBLY be having fun with the teams they are using..

They are unoriginal, over used, I'm not going to stop playing, though, I don't get on Netbattle as often as I used to.

I know that I can still use whatever team I see fit, and maybe if people notice people using different pokemon, and using them well, they might actually feel the need to counter it - Which perhaps will force them into new techniques and strategies.

I still love battling, but I am also tiring of the same pokemon, over, and over, and over.

Hence why I'm currently testing out a Bulk Up/Shadow Ball (Or HP Ghost cant remember :P)/Return/Slack Off Vigoroth...

Aswell as my Subflailing Gyarados :P

New ideas is where it's at, down with the old, in with the new.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    ^^^^^Yeah I think we just need to completely do away with standards if we got enough of the more popular players to branch out and invent then maybe we could shake somethin up in the pokemon community.

Years
  • What would you like to change though?We get new pokemon here and there, we get better graphics, and things added to make the game longer.

FR and LG were the best yet cause all the stuff you get to do after.I don't think that they can add much more.

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    Well really, Id like to see pokemon go mmorpg officially, but as far as the metagame goes Id just wanna see diversity, I see a handful of people (mostly on this site) that actually try an invent so they can find a way to make their favorite pokemon effective, Im willing to bet that the majority of the people on netbattle and rsbots have favorite pokemon that they never use for one reason or another but the truth is every pokemon has a role and can be used effectively

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
  • That's right.

Which is exactly why I'm going to make a PC Team, which will have the 6 favourite pokemon from PC, and they will ALL no matter how bad their base stats may be, have there uses.

We need diversity as you said.

The MMORPG sounds okay, I'm assuming you are talking about the one Ian is making?

Naas02

Cerulean cool trainer
    Years
    • Age 39
    • Seen Jul 13, 2007
    I didnt know Ian was making one, I was actually talking about this one https://mantis.desk.pl/PO/

Either way a mmorpg would be nice since I know now ian is making one Im anticipating his more than the one Ive been waiting on since I know for a fact he already has the battle engine done which is where alot of the ones that colapsed had their trouble.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • For competitive battling, it does seem a shame that everyone takes to Blissey/Snorlax/Skarmory/Ninjask, or legendaries, and doesn't go with every day Pokemon to try and raise them up to their full potential. I myself only find this on NetBattle, as I'm like the only person in my city who likes Pokemon :P

falling up+
    Years
  • I have never really been into online pokemon battles, but they are starting to intrigue me. Like you guys I am sick of always fighting a legendary in some uber-power team with nothing but brute force. Being one of those people that grew up when pokemon was in its prime I would really like to see some diversity in battle teams...by the way are we talking about battling online in MMORPGS, or just in general like with local real life tourneys etc? :\

SulcataIxlude

Ibrojiini Hii'shan
    Years
  • Yeah Pokemon teams have been FAR too uniform lately. :( However it's always fun to defeat 'master trains' with unorthodox Pokemon like Gulpin, and Whiscash. :D

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Every single person I've battled on NB has had a Ninjask... maybe its just me XD But I don't go on NetBattle anymore, as everyone uses the same team, or n00bs who use Mewtwo, Kyogre, Groudon, Latias, Latios and Mew -_- (I think I'm Mr Cat Dog there)

Back